Monday 4 November 2013

'I'm not a one night girl:' Selena Gomez talks about being rebellious and learning from her mistakes in Teen Vogue interview

'I'm not a one night girl:' Selena Gomez talks about being rebellious and learning from her mistakes in Teen Vogue interview

She rose to fame appearing on the Disney Channel in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana. 
But seven years on, and Selena Gomez has elevated herself from teen star to a globally-recognised actress and recording artist. 
In a new interview with Teen Vogue, the star talked about being rebellious and learning to deal with both good and bad situations. 
Cover girl: Selena Gomez appears on the cover of Teen Vogue as well as an exclusive interview inside
Cover girl: Selena Gomez appears on the cover of Teen Vogue as well as an exclusive interview inside
And while her new single may be named Come & Get It, the Mexican star admitted that she is not always the rebel her lyrics might suggest.
'I'm always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night,' Selena told Teen Vogue in the issue out on November 19.
'The older I've gotten, the more I've learned that I have to open myself up to all opportunities. Maybe I'll get burned and not meet the right people, but I won't know until I do it.'
    She said she is currently doing whatever what feels most 'human and normal,' following the singer's split from her long-term ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber earlier this year. 
    Since then she has been avoiding speaking about rumours of reconciliation with the Canadian singer, and some reports of new flames.
    'You fall in love and it completely consumes you,' she said.
    Girl no more: Selena performs on stage in a number of racy outfits, including crop tops and short skirts
    Girl no more: Selena performs on stage in a number of racy outfits, including crop tops and short skirts
    Girl no more: Selena performs on stage in a number of racy outfits, including crop tops and short skirts
    'So a part of you is broken when that's gone. And part of you wants to have that rebellious feeling where you're just like, forget it-I can do anything I want. I've tried it, and I've never been that girl. I'm always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night.
    'My attention span is all over the place, and I overthink things,' Gomez said. 'I'm an insomniac. Dancing allows me to go away and not have to think of what I'm doing next. That is the opportunity for me to really escape.'
    And while she refuses to talk about her love life, she admitted to learning how to accept bad and good situations as learning experiences.
    Top performance: Selena Gomez performed at Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving game on Sunday
    Top performance: Selena Gomez performed at Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving game on Sunday

    'I like to say I have a good sense of judgment, but I know that not everybody does,' she said.
    'The older I've gotten, the more I've learned that I have to open myself up to all opportunities. Maybe I'll get burned and not meet the right people, but I won't know until I do it.'
    Selena Gomez performed  at on Thanksgiving at halftime of the nationally televised game between the Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys in her native Texas on Sunday.
    Her performance launched the The Salvation Army's 123rd Red Kettle Campaign to help the poor over the holidays.


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2487157/Selena-Gomez-talks-learning-mistakes-Teen-Vogue.html#ixzz2jj48RdD9
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook