Sunday 19 January 2014

'When I got into Emmerdale singing was put on the back burner': Ex-soap star Kelsey-Beth Crossley set to appear on The Voice

'When I got into Emmerdale singing was put on the back burner': Ex-soap star Kelsey-Beth Crossley set to appear on The Voice

Kylie Minogue isn't the only former soap star appearing on The Voice on Saturday, as she's set to be joined by ex-Emmerdale actress Kelsey-Beth Crossley.
The 21-year-old from Blackpool, who played Scarlett Nicholls for five years in the long-running ITV soap, hopes to impress the judges in her blind audition after admitting that the pint-sized Aussie was her inspiration.
She said: 'I love to sing and it was my first thing that I got into, but when I got into Emmerdale I had to put it on the back burner a little bit.
Wannabe singer: Ex-Emmerdale actress Kelsey-Beth Crossley, pictured in the soap in 2007, hopes to impress The Voice judges on Saturday
Wannabe singer: Ex-Emmerdale actress Kelsey-Beth Crossley, pictured in the soap in 2007, hopes to impress The Voice judges on Saturday
'Me and Kylie have in common that we both were from a soap and she has had a massive career in the music industry since then.
    'I am serious about being a musician and I'm ready.'
    Kelsey appeared eager to tell her fans about her audition, after tweeting on Friday to say: 'Well it's been on the radio so I can tell you lovely tweeps that I will be on @BBCTheVoiceUK tomorrow night.! #nervous'.
    Also out to impress the judges is 56-year-old Bob Blakeley, a warehouse employee from Stockport, whose performance of Cry Me A River gets the audience on their feet and leaves Will.i.am stunned.
    'I'm ready': The 21-year-old said soap star Kylie Minogue, pictured with her fellow judges, was her inspiration behind applying
    'I'm ready': The 21-year-old said soap star Kylie Minogue, pictured with her fellow judges, was her inspiration behind applying
    Future: Kelsey, who appeared in the show for five years, said:  'I love to sing and it was my first thing that I got into'
    Future: Kelsey, who appeared in the show for five years, said: 'I love to sing and it was my first thing that I got into'
    The US star tells him: 'Your voice is just pristine, you sound like a pro, if Frank Sinatra was here he would be like 'wow I wanna take you on tour with me'.'
    Teenager Jermain Jackman, from Hackney, closes the show with his version of I Am Telling You by Jennifer Hudson.
    The would-be politician, who works with the Labour Party in east London, said he wants to be 'the first singing black prime minister'.
    Show bosses will be hoping the second episode continues the success of the first which pulled in more than two million viewers more than last year's launch.
    Critics have hailed Kylie's appearance on the show - along with fellow newcomer Ricky Wilson from Kaiser Chiefs - as having boosted the average audience to 8.4 million viewers, well above the 6.2 million who tuned in last year.
    It also thrashed ITV's celebrity diving show Splash! - which went head to head with the BBC1 show - with an audience of 3.7 million, according to overnight ratings.
    The Voice continues on BBC1 at 7pm on Saturday.
    Can't Get You Out Of My Head: Critics have hailed Kylie's appearance on the show as having boosted the average audience to 8.4 million
    Can't Get You Out Of My Head: Critics have hailed Kylie's appearance on the show as having boosted the average audience to 8.4 million


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2541593/Ex-soap-star-Kelsey-Beth-Crossley-set-appear-The-Voice.html#ixzz2qn6V3vzp
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook