Monday 7 October 2013

Meet 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD's' Chloe Bennet: An 'offensive' hiccuper, plus 14 more facts


Chloe-Bennet-Skye-Agents-of-SHIELD-ones-to-watch.jpg
ON TV:
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I....
Tue 10/8 8:00 PM EDT (ABC)

Chloe Bennet is a breath of fresh air in the agents-heavy cast of "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD." Unlike Agents Phil Coulson, Melinda May or Grant Ward, her character Skye is a hacker who unwittingly becomes a part of the SHIELD team despite her best efforts to thwart the organization.

There's a good chance ABC viewers will recognize Bennet from her arc on"Nashville" Season 1. Bennet is trying something new as Skye, and is a scene-stealer in an ensemble show that features an array of impressive performances. She holds her own against everyone from Clark Gregg to Brett Dalton, playing a convincing skeptic as her character asks the questions that need to be asked in the show.
Bennet is a firecracker on "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" and commands every scene she's in. Her ease with the material makes it seem like she was born into the Whedonverse, and she'll surely find herself welcomed with open arms into the Marvel family. 
For those reasons and many more, Bennet is one of Zap2it's Ones to Watch for the 2013-14 season. Get to know her better with the following Q&A:
What are your can't-miss TV shows?
Gosh. Well I am pretty much as ADD and random as it gets when it comes to my taste in television. Anything Gordon Ramsey I love. I just can't get enough of those forehead wrinkles. But I also love "Downton Abbey," "The Walking Dead," "Modern Family," "Louie," "New Girl," or anything on animal planet.
What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
"Big Poppa" by The notorious B.I.G! I know all the words, and I always start rapping and then my friends and family tell me to immediately stop. It's great!
What's the most embarrassing song on your iPod?
Probably some of my own songs from when I was a singer in China ... I'm never going to live that down.
Zombie apocalypse or alien invasion?
Zombies!
What's the last item you purchased?
I just bought yet another pair of headphones because my dog loves to eat them.
Do you have any nicknames?
Cloball (Which is actually longer then my real name which somewhat defeats the purpose of a nick name I think)
What's your spirit animal?
Does a mermaid count as an animal?
Do you have any strange phobias?
I hate gnomes. Not even like the physical things themselves. Just that word makes me cringe. I'm actually surprised I just said it out loud just now!
Air guitar or hairbrush singer?
Oh, hairbrush singer alllllll the way.
Who is your last text message from?
My mother. She told me the couch I wanted to get was ugly.
Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, What's the third sentence?
"They make man heels nowadays."
What goes in your carry-on bag on the plane?
My dog Arthur, and all his freaking toys that he won't let me leave without!
What's your favorite beverage?
Oh Diet Coke is my jam.
What food can you not resist?
French fries I believe are god's gift to mankind.
What do your friends make fun of you for?
My hiccups are the most embarrassing things in the world, because they sound like burps. It's hard to explain ... haha but they are offensive!
"Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" premieres on ABC on Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. ET.

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest news and buzz
Photo/Video credit: ABC