Wednesday 7 November 2012

I'm A Celebrity line-up: Helen Flanagan, an ex Time Lord, controversial MP Nadine Dorries and boxing champ David Haye get ready to rumble in the jungle


I'm A Celebrity line-up: Helen Flanagan, an ex Time Lord, controversial MP Nadine Dorries and boxing champ David Haye get ready to rumble in the jungle  


Former Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan, ex Time Lord Colin Baker, controversial MP Nadine Dorries and Pussycat Dolls singer Ashley Roberts are among the contestants taking part in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Despite speculation over the past few months, the final line-up was officially confirmed by ITV on Wednesday ahead of the series premiere on Sunday night.
The other famous faces to take part in the show include former world heavy weight boxing champion David Haye, actor Brian Conley, EastEnders star Charlie Brooks, Made In Chelsea’s Hugo Taylor, former Birds Of A Feather star Linda Robson and darts champion Eric Bristow.
Scroll down for the trailer...
Getting ready to rumble in the jungle: Helen Flanagan is just one of the contestants taking part in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Getting ready to rumble in the jungle: Helen Flanagan is just one of the contestants taking part in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Eye candy: Former EastEnders actress Charlie Brooks and ex Pussycat Dolls singer Ashley Roberts will be competing with Helen in the bikini battle
Eye candy: Former EastEnders actress Charlie Brooks and ex Pussycat Dolls singer Ashley Roberts will be competing with Helen in the bikini battle
Eye candy: Former EastEnders actress Charlie Brooks and ex Pussycat Dolls singer Ashley Roberts will be competing with Helen in the bikini battle
Pictures revealed of the celebrities show them in their jungle gear for the first time ahead of making their way to the camp in the Australian Bush, and Helen said she is more than excited about beginning the experience.
She said: 'People don’t expect me to be in the jungle and one of my big reasons for doing I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! is I like to have different options. I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket and I like to take things how they come. 
'I also always go with my instinct too and when the offer came through, it felt right to do this.
What’s so nice about this show is I can go in as me. It won’t be my toughest role yet because I am being me rather than someone else.'
Doing it for the older ladies: Controversial MP Nadine Dorries and former Birds Of A Feather actress Linda Robson will also be competing on the show
Doing it for the older ladies: Controversial MP Nadine Dorries and former Birds Of A Feather actress Linda Robson will also be competing on the show

Doing it for the older ladies: Controversial MP Nadine Dorries and former Birds Of A Feather actress Linda Robson will also be competing on the show

And Helen added that she is hoping to rival former contestant Myleene Klass in the bikini stakes, taking an array of two-pieces to choose from.
She said: 'I went shopping in London before I flew out to buy some bikinis for the jungle.
'You can take three sets in and so I am going to do that. I don’t mind that it is going back to basics because I will make sure I am tanned, manicured and I have got my lashes on!'
But Helen is sure to have some competition when it comes to standing out in her bikini, from her equally glamorous female contestants including former EastEnders actress Charlie and sexy blonde singer Ashley.
Ready for battle! Former boxing champion David Haye is leading the male celebrities heading into the jungle
Ready for battle! Former boxing champion David Haye is leading the male celebrities heading into the jungle
However, Charlie said she is more concerned about getting on with people in the camp than looking picture perfect, adding: 'I think I will be quite motherly in the camp. I have my little girl and I look after my friends too and so I think that side will come out. I am not a bad cook either.
'I just want to have some fun and I hope there will be some people in there who do want to have some fun too. Christopher Biggins was great because he was the life and soul of the camp and he was so uplifting.'
Plan of action: Ex Time Lord Colin Baker is hoping to lose at least a stone and a half during his time on the show
Plan of action: Ex Time Lord Colin Baker is hoping to lose at least a stone and a half during his time on the show
As well as baring their bikini bodies, the contestants will be forced to face their fears in the dreaded Bushtucker Trials - a prospect Ashley is less than excited about.
She explained: 'I am so nervous about getting in the jungle and getting through some of the
challenges. And that is where my mind set is. This experience is going to test me in so many ways. It’s going to be very challenging for me and it’s going to take me out of my comfort zone.
'I don’t like enclosed situations either and if I see a bug or rodent, my initial reaction is to run the other way!'
Somebody feeling more confident about taking on the trials is controversial MP Nadine, who triggered a political storm when she jetted off to Australia without telling Prime Minister David Cameron, party whips or even her local activists.
And speaking about how I'm A Celebrity and the political world are similar, Nadine said: 'Westminster is a jungle. Game playing, tactics, strategies. In Westminster you achieve everything by vote. This is the same. The parallels are huge.
'Politics is a very difficult and a hard world. Nobody realises that until they get there and it takes a certain amount of front, especially as a woman, to survive it. 
'Everyone has different techniques in Westminster. Some people shut down, some people keep themselves to themselves and everyone has a different technique. This will be another one. I work in a jungle.'
The male contestants in the show include boxing champion David, who said he is looking forward to seeing how his combative tactics fare in the jungle.
He explained: 'When you step into a boxing ring, you are putting your life on the line. It is a sport and if you take a punch badly, it is life changing. In that respect, going in the jungle will not be harder.
'But I do think it is going to be tough because it's a situation I am not familiar with. It's out of my comfort zone and being in the jungle will present its own challenges.'
Hats off to them: Former Made In Chelsea star Hugo Taylor and presenter and actor Brian Conley will be facing their fears in the jungle
Hats off to them: Former Made In Chelsea star Hugo Taylor and presenter and actor Brian Conley will be facing their fears in the jungle
Hats off to them: Former Made In Chelsea star Hugo Taylor and presenter and actor Brian Conley will be facing their fears in the jungle
Darting around: Darts player Eric Bristow is one of the lesser known names taking part in the show
Darting around: Darts player Eric Bristow is one of the lesser known names taking part in the show
Another popular reason for taking part in I'm A Celebrity is the weight loss that comes with such a limited diet - a reason which sparked 69-year-old ex Doctor Who actor Colin's interest.
Revealing he is hoping to lose a stone and a half in weight during his time on the show, Colin said: 'I am a rather large gentleman and I adore my food. I could give up booze with a drop of a hat but food, my gosh there is not even a fridge I can raid in the middle of the night!
'But I am seeing this as an opportunity to lose weight. I am aiming for at least a stone and a half and it would be fabulous if I can. I just then hope I can keep it off once I am out!'
While weight loss wasn't the main reason for Brian Conley taking part in the show, he admits that he just couldn't refuse the chance to go on such an entertaining and exciting programme.
Reporting for duty: Ant and Dec will be returning to host the hilarious programme
Reporting for duty: Ant and Dec will be returning to host the hilarious programme
Rumble in the jungle: The winner of I'm A Celebrity can expect a massive career boost from the programme
Rumble in the jungle: The winner of I'm A Celebrity can expect a massive career boost from the programme
He said: 'I am 51 and this is an experience that money cannot buy. This is a trip I will take to my grave and I will never forget.'
One person somewhat accustomed to the reality show format is former Made In Chelsea star Hugo Taylor, who will be providing some much-needed male eye candy in the depths of the jungle. 
However, being in a happy relationship with Natalie Joel, Hugo won't be tempted by any of the attractive females in the jungle, and is more interested in furthering his career through the programme.
He said: 'I am 26 and I am starting my career. I would love to do more TV. Of course you do not know what is going to happen but my other big passion in life is the History of Art. I would like to make programmes about art and architecture and make them interesting. I’d also like to write my own TV shows. 
'I am excited about what lies ahead. Taking yourself away from the first world of Champagne for a bit is going to be interesting.'
Darts player Eric Bristow completes the line-up for the 2012 series of I'm A Celebrity, which kicks off on ITV1 on Sunday night at 9pm.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2229290/Im-A-Celebrity-2012-line-Helen-Flanagan-Colin-Baker-Nadine-Dorries-Ashley-Roberts-contestants.html#ixzz2BZO2ZUEM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook