Monday 4 March 2013

Revenge star Emily VanCamp talks about broodiness


'I get baby fever!' Revenge star Emily VanCamp talks about broodiness... and reveals how keeps her stunning shape 


She's the beguiling centre of ABC's popular Revenge saga, and in some ways, Emily VanCamp is almost as elusive as her character, Emily Thorne. 
But the 26-year-old has opened up to FASHION magazine about feeling broody, what it means to be a Canadian and how she keeps her amazing physique. 
The beauty, who is dating British co-star Josh Bowman, dazzles in Gucci on the front cover and is pictured inside in a moody Emily Thorne style pose.
She's a star: This shot of Emily VanCamp in the April edition of FASHION magazine echoes her enigmatic performance in ABC's Revenge
She's a star: This shot of Emily VanCamp in the April edition of FASHION magazine echoes her enigmatic performance in ABC's Revenge 
In the interview, the former dancer talked about how she left the cut-throat world of ballet for acting. 
She said: 'I learned acting is less cutthroat than ballet,' before adding that she does Pilates and yoga now to keep in shape. 
'The amount of rigour [ballet] required was exhausting but rewarding. I still have that competitiveness from being so entrenched in it at such a young age.'
'I have moments when I get baby fever and I think, ‘Why don’t I have a dozen of these now?’” she says. “I’ve always had a maternal sense, and have dreamt about having children more than getting married and having the perfect wedding…the show certainly keeps me up all night and teaches me what it feels like to have sleep deprivation,” she says. “So in that sense, Revenge is my baby.”'
Stunning: Emily is astonishing in Gucci on the cover of the magazine
Stunning: Emily is astonishing in Gucci on the cover of the magazine
She also talked about acting, saying: 'I certainly wouldn’t want to dismiss what I do. I have so much respect for the craft.'
'Acting isn’t rocket science or heart surgery, but at the same time, you’re making people’s lives more enjoyable. I don’t think it’s appealing to be ungrateful or smug about it. 
'Actors do have the power to change a lot. I find it really interesting when certain actors talk about how they have no desire to be a role model. 
'Well, when you enter into the public eye, inevitably you’re going to influence people, and what you do with that really defines who you are.'
Work and play: VanCamp and Josh Bowman got some lunch were happily doing their grocery together last week
Work and play: VanCamp and Josh Bowman got some lunch were happily doing their grocery together last week 
Plotting: VanCamp and Ashley Madekwe in the hit series
Plotting: VanCamp and Ashley Madekwe in the hit series 
And she revealed her pride at being a Canadian: 'I feel like no matter where you live, you have an obligation to fight for what you believe in.' 
'The fact that we’re still talking about women’s reproductive rights, and that gay men and women cannot get married here, is baffling. I have such a huge issue with it'
'I really appreciate our country, because these things aren’t issues in Canada, and they’re massive issues here. I honestly feel like we are moving back to the dark ages. Government should be talking about gun laws and fixing the economy or things that are failing within the system.'
The April issue of FASHION goes on sale March 11, 2013.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2287955/Revenge-star-Emily-VanCamp-talks-broodiness--reveals-keeps-stunning-shape.html#ixzz2MbZ7xVbq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook