Saturday 16 August 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Michelle Keegan: Models new range for Lipsy and has exciting acting projects in pipeline

EXCLUSIVE: Michelle Keegan: 'I've got hang-ups just like every other girl' Britain's best bikini body shares insecurities as she models new fashion range 

  • Michelle, 27, says she has body insecurities but doesn't punish herself
  • Models new range for Lipsy and has exciting acting projects in pipeline
  • Has moved to Essex with Mark but says her style hasn't changed since
She beat Kim Kardashian and Rihanna to the best bikini body title and is partial to the odd midriff-baring selfie but Michelle Keegan maintains that she's got her insecurities just like everyone else.
Speaking to MailOnline as she unveils her second collection for Lipsy, the soap star turned fashion designer said that scooping the bikini body award was 'very flattering' but she isn't as body confident as she may seem.
'I have body hang-ups just like every other girl,' she said. 'But I don't punish myself if I don't work out and I do everything in moderation so if I have a bad week foodwise, I'll ensure that I have a good one the next.'
Scroll down for video
She's just like us! Michelle Keegan, pictured modelling her second colletion for Lipsy, may have an enviable body but she maintains that she has her hang-ups just like everyone else

She's just like us! Michelle Keegan, pictured modelling her second colletion for Lipsy, may have an enviable body but she maintains that she has her hang-ups just like everyone else (jumpsuit, £75)

Her fiance Mark Wright recently claimed that his fiancée doesn't diet and loves to eat Magnum ice-creams in bed - but judging by her super-svelte appearance in her new fashion campaign, we're not quite sure we believe him.
    So how does she do it? 'Lots of core work,' she revealed. 'I don't believe in crash diets or detoxes, I can't live like that. If I have a bad day then I'll have a good day the next.' 

    Relaxed approach: Michelle says that while she does work out, she doesn't punish herself if she has a bad week (cami, £38)
    Relaxed approach: Michelle says that while she does work out, she doesn't punish herself if she has a bad week (cami, £38)
    How will you wear yours? Michelle loves her classic camisoles and says she will be wearing hers with statement jewellery come Autumn (top, £32)

    How will you wear yours? Michelle loves her classic camisoles and says she will be wearing hers with statement jewellery come Autumn (top, £32)
    Clearly her method is working - the soap star turned fashion designer has unveiled her second collection for Lipsy and she looks incredible - as always - in the campaign imagery.
    After the success of her first range for the high street chain, Michelle couldn't wait to get started on her next line. 
    'This collection is a bit more wintry,' she told MailOnline. 'There's lots of lovely coats, fur jackets and sexy LBDs, which will be perfect for your Christmas parties.'
    When Michelle's debut range for Lipsy went on sale in early July, the hashtag #lipsylovemichelle became the number one trending topic on Twitter in the UK and remained in the top ten until the end of the day.
    So how does it feel? 'The response has been incredible and I am so happy that everyone loves it as much as I do,' she said.
    'It's the weirdest feeling in the world seeing other people wearing my designs. A girl walked passed me wearing one of my dresses and I said "Hi" to her because I thought I knew her!'
    Actress turned designer: After the success of her first range for the high street chain, Michelle couldn't wait to get started on her next line - and she's got lots of exciting projects in the pipeline (dress, £65)

    Actress turned designer: After the success of her first range for the high street chain, Michelle couldn't wait to get started on her next line - and she's got lots of exciting projects in the pipeline (dress, £65)
    The 20-piece piece range, which lands online today at Lipsy.co.uk, as well as at ASOS.comVery.co.uk, and in House of Fraser, Debenhams and Bank, aims to reflect the season’s hottest shapes, fabrics and styles that incorporate both the AW14 catwalk trends and Michelle’s coveted wardrobe.
    Speaking about her design experience, she said: 'I learned a lot from my first time around and this time, I have gone with my instinct a lot more. I've made sure that every piece is something that I love and that I would wear myself.
    'I was inspired by the catwalk but also the things I love to wear. A lot of the pieces are perfect for creating the layered look and there's lots of blazers that can be teamed with shorts, which you'll often find me wearing.
    'I love the cami tops and I will be pairing them with a statement necklace,' she added.
    Leather look: Michelle says that this collection isn't as daring as her first and she's used her own style as the main inspiration behind it (dress, £65)
    Leather look: Michelle says that this collection isn't as daring as her first and she's used her own style as the main inspiration behind it (dress, £65)
    Classic: Describing her own personal style, Michelle said: 'My style is quite classic. I like block colours, I don't like a lot of fuss, I'm feminine and I really like the tailored look' (blouse, £38)
    Classic: Describing her own personal style, Michelle said: 'My style is quite classic. I like block colours, I don't like a lot of fuss, I'm feminine and I really like the tailored look' (blouse, £38)
    Michelle says that this range isn't 'as daring' as her first offering and explains that she's included some red pieces because it's the hottest colour of the season.
    Describing the typical 'Lipsy girl', Michelle says they're 'confident, fun-loving, girls who like to have a good time.'
    Describing her own personal style, Michelle said: 'My style is quite classic. I like block colours, I don't like a lot of fuss, I'm feminine and I really like the tailored look.'
    Despite recently relocating to Essex to live with Mark, Michelle maintains that her style hasn't changed.
    Staying true to her style: She's just relocated to Essex to live with Mark Wright but Michelle maintains that her style hasn't changed at all (top, £42)
    Staying true to her style: She's just relocated to Essex to live with Mark Wright but Michelle maintains that her style hasn't changed at all (top, £42) 
    'There's no denying that the women of Essex are extremely glamorous but I haven't changed my style since moving there. There are so many gorgeous shops but I haven't had time to pop in yet.
    'I just like to feel comfortable in my outfit.' 
    While her foray into fashion has been a sell-out success, Michelle says that acting is her 'first love and passion'.
    'I am very busy running up to Christmas and my auditions have been going really well. I have a very exciting job in the pipeline but it's all under wraps,' she revealed.  
    Wrap up warm: This season, Michelle has included lots of warm coats and faux fur trimmed jackets (jacket, £65)
    Wrap up warm: This season, Michelle has included lots of warm coats and faux fur trimmed jackets (jacket, £65)



    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2725703/Michelle-Keegan-shares-insecurities-models-new-fashion-range.html#ixzz3AVWauo54
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook