Thursday 11 December 2014

Strictly’s Pixie Lott 'sad' but not angry about leaving show

Strictly’s Pixie Lott 'sad' but not angry about leaving show


Pixie Lott hugs dance partner Trent Whiddon as she's voted off the show while Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff look on

Pixie Lott says she is "only taking positive things" from her Strictly experience after her shock exit from the show.
A favourite to win from the beginning of the series, Pixie lost the dance-off against Simon Webbe in the weekend's quarter-finals.
She said: "I obviously was sad when it happened because I just loved it so much."
She says she has "no regrets" though and isn't angry about leaving.

Pixie Lott dances with Trent Whiddon on Strictly Come Dancing

"I don't think you can be angry," said Pixie.
"I think you just have to be grateful for the experience and the opportunity."
Pixie says she didn't cry after being voted out. The same can't be said for some of her younger fans who were watching.
"I did have loads of tweets from people sending me pictures of their five-year-old in tears and that was horrible to see," Pixie told Newsbeat.
If you were watching on Sunday night, you'll know that after the dance-off, judges Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli backed Pixie to stay.

Strict;y judges Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli
Strict;y judges Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli

However, Darcey Bussell and Len Goodman opted to save Simon instead and, as head judge Len gets the casting vote, it meant bye bye Pixie.
So, did she have a chat with the judges once the cameras stopped filming?
"I spoke to Craig and Bruno - they've been our biggest supporters from day one, I can't thank them enough."
How about Len?
Pixie chuckled a little when she said "unfortunately" she didn't see Len after the show.
"I saw Darcey briefly and she said the kindest things about my dancing and my technique, so that's cool.
"I definitely didn't avoid Len at all. He just wasn't there."
"I saw Simon after and I was pleased for him and he said he was gutted for me but it's just the way the show goes, one of us had to go."

The 2014 celebrity cast of Strictly Come Dancing
L-R; Tim Wonnacott, Alison Hammond, Scott Mills, Judy Murray, Mark Wright, Pixie Lott, Jake Wood, Jennifer Gibney, Thom Evans, Sunetra Sarker, Gregg Wallace, Caroline Flack, Simon Webbe, Frankie Bridge, Steve Backshall

There are five celebrities left going into this weekend's semi-final; Simon Webbe, Mark Wright, Frankie Bridge, Caroline Flack and Jake Wood.
Pixie is not taking part in the Strictly Come Dancing live tour, but her dance partner Trent Whiddon will be.
That starts in Birmingham on 16 January.

Pixie Lott tweets "I love the class of 2014, to all left in the show, I wish you all the best and know you will do us all proud"

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter and Radio1Newsbeat on YouTube