Tuesday 23 June 2015

Lorraine Kelly poses with lookalike daughter Rosie, 20, as she discusses wanting more children

Lorraine Kelly poses with lookalike daughter Rosie, 20, as she discusses wanting more children and the pain of suffering a miscarriage

She has been the face of breakfast TV for more than 30 years.
But Lorraine Kelly has revealed that her 'proper job' is being a mother as she posed alongside her lookalike daughter Rosie, 20, at their London home.
The TV star, 55, opened up about wanting other children and spoke about a devastating miscarriage when her daughter was five in an OK! interview.
Scroll down video 
Lookalike: Lorraine Kelly has revealed that her 'proper job' is being a mother as she posed alongside her daughter Rosie
Lookalike: Lorraine Kelly has revealed that her 'proper job' is being a mother as she posed alongside her daughter Rosie
Wearing a plunging blue jumpsuit and strappy platforms, she revealed it wasn't always the plan for Rosie to be an only child.
She said: ‘Another baby would have been super. But, hey, it didn’t happen. 
'I had a miscarriage when Rosie was about five.’ 
Close family: The TV star opened up about wanting other children and spoke about a devastating miscarriage when her daughter (pictured together) was five

Close family: The TV star opened up about wanting other children and spoke about a devastating miscarriage when her daughter (pictured together) was five
Ray of sunshine: Lorraine wore a bright yellow dress to the Minions movie premiere in London 

Ray of sunshine: Lorraine wore a bright yellow dress to the Minions movie premiere in London 


Rosie, who is currently studying journalism, said: ‘I do remember. We were in Dundee. I was in the car with Dad following the ambulance. I was okay, though – I had no idea what was going on.’
She admitted that growing up in the limelight was hard ‘at times’. 
Snuggling up alongside her mother wearing an orange high-waisted skirt and yellow top, she said: ‘I don’t really see her as famous. She’s just my mum.’
Lorraine agreed, saying her role as a mother will always take precedence over her career. 
She said: ‘I have that strong work ethic in me. But really I’m just Rosie’s mum. That’s my proper job.’
Rosie has previously spoken about growing up with a famous mother, saying she was confused when anyone asked Lorraine for an autograph.
'There was never a sudden moment when I realised my mother was not like other mothers,' Rosie explained in Daily Mail's Weekend magazine last year.
'I do remember when I was very young and we were out shopping being baffled that people were asking her for her autograph.
'I'd say, 'Why are you scribbling your name on bits of paper for people?' It all seemed very strange.
'People often ask me what it's like having a famous mother, but my mum's been famous all my life so I've never known any different. 
'Of course, it has its ups and downs, but deep down she's always been just Mum to me.'
Daytime icon: Lorraine was spotted wearing a jumper adorned with a strawberry on Monday

Daytime icon: Lorraine was spotted wearing a jumper adorned with a strawberry on Monday
Lorraine has been married to Rosie's father Stevie since 1992.
The Scottish presenter who has hosted Good Morning Britain and ITV's Daybreak also revealed why she is anti-botox. 
She said: ‘I’ve seen far too many people looking like Klingons and I don’t want to look like that.’ 
When she was told that columnist Kym Marsh was considering the procedure she said: ‘No, tell her no! She’s too pretty. She doesn’t need to do anything.’ 
If you want to read more about Lorraine's family life and views on motherhood, read the full OK! article. 
TV star: She has been the face of breakfast TV for more than 30 years, pictured on Daybreak
TV star: She has been the face of breakfast TV for more than 30 years, pictured on Daybreak

Read more: