Thursday 5 May 2016

Selena Gomez to donate part of her tour proceeds to lupus research... after undergoing chemotherapy treatment for the disease

Selena Gomez to donate part of her tour proceeds to lupus research... after undergoing chemotherapy treatment for the disease

She has famously suffered from the disease.
And Selena Gomez wants to do her part in helping cure it. 
The 23-year-old singer will donate proceeds from her upcoming Revival tour to Lupus research.
Her representatives revealed to the The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday that the star is planning to donate money from ticket sales to Alliance for Lupus Research.
Kind gesture: Selena Gomez will donate proceeds from her upcoming Revival tour to Lupus research.
Kind gesture: Selena Gomez will donate proceeds from her upcoming Revival tour to Lupus research.
Selena previously had to cancel her Stars Dance tour in 2013 in order to undergo chemotherapy treatment for the chronic inflammatory disease.
The Come And Get It Hitmaker revealed she is healthy and happy and extremely excited to get back on the road as it begins Friday in Las Vegas.
She said: 'This show is so centered around me, and I mean that in a way of confidence, of strength. It has a beautiful feel to it, but it is about me, so if I wanted to come in one day and say I want to change [a song in the show] or add this, I can do that. 
'That's the first time I've ever really been able to do that in my life. And I feel, I feel great about it. It's not me making sure I hit all the dance moves.
Coming soon: The 23-year-old singer has been readying herself for the upcoming Revival tour which kicks off on Friday in Las Vegas
Coming soon: The 23-year-old singer has been readying herself for the upcoming Revival tour which kicks off on Friday in Las Vegas
'There's so much I want to prove to myself for this tour and it's just based on me, it's based on my voice, it's based on what I say to my crowd. That's all I really want.'
While Selena can't wait for her fans to see the show, she has promised that there is something for everyone.
She explained: '70 percent of my audience are the people that I’ve had with me from the beginning, but I know that a big portion of [the crowd] will be people who’ve never been to one of my concerts before, so I obviously kept that in mind.'
In a candid interview in October of last year with Billboard, she opened up for the first time about lupus and her chemotherapy treatment to alleviate the autoimmune disease.
Nice look: She has been teasing fans with what she has in store as she shared this photo from an outfit fitting. 
Nice look: She has been teasing fans with what she has in store as she shared this photo from an outfit fitting. 
'That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke,' Gomez said of her time spent out of the spotlight after cancelling the Australian and Asian leg of her tour in December 2013.
Lupus is a complex and poorly understood condition that causes the body to mistakenly detect its own tissue as a foreign invader and attack itself.
For reasons that are unclear, the immune system fails to tell the difference between healthy tissue and germs and viruses that enter the system from the outside.
When Selena announced she was cancelling the Asian and Australian leg of her tour, sources claimed she may have lupus, while others suggested she had issues with addiction.
Bombshell: Selena spoke out for the first time about being diagnosed with the autoimmune disease lupus and having chemotherapy treatment to deal with the symptoms in a Billboard interview back in October
Bombshell: Selena spoke out for the first time about being diagnosed with the autoimmune disease lupus and having chemotherapy treatment to deal with the symptoms in a Billboard interview back in October
'I wanted so badly to say, "You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re a**holes",' she told Billboard.
'I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again,' she added.
Lupus causes inflammation in many different body systems, including the joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart and lungs - and can be life-threatening.
Because the condition affects multiple organs in the body, it has the potential to cause a stroke in various ways, including triggering the formation of a blood clot.
Its most distinctive symptom is a facial rash that resembles the wings of a butterfly unfolding across both cheeks — but this does not occur in all cases. 
Moving on: Selena previously had to cancel her Stars Dance tour in 2013 in order to undergo chemotherapy treatment for the chronic inflammatory disease
Moving on: Selena previously had to cancel her Stars Dance tour in 2013 in order to undergo chemotherapy treatment for the chronic inflammatory disease


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3574516/Selena-Gomez-donate-tour-proceeds-lupus-research.html#ixzz47lwloPUn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook