Sunday 28 July 2013

Model daughter Atlanta of Word star Amanda de Cadenet shows no signs of her mother's wild child streak

A good night out? That's fish and chips down the local: Model daughter, 21, of Word star Amanda de Cadenet shows no signs of her mother's wild child streak


With a pop star father and a mother who was famous for going to nightclubs at 14, you might have expected Atlanta de Cadenet to have inherited a wild streak.
But the 21-year-old daughter of former Word presenter Amanda de Cadenet and Duran Duran bass guitarist John Taylor has revealed her life couldn’t be further removed from the world of celebrity excess.
In an interview in the September edition of Tatler the model, who is wearing a £2,600 dress Miu Miu dress, reveals her mother, who is now an acclaimed photographer has done her best to be a no-nonsense mum.
Atlanta De Cadenet, styled by Katie Grand, in the September issue of Tatler
Rock royalty: Atlanta De Cadenet, styled by Katie Grand, in the September issue of Tatler
MissGuided, Jemma zip mini dress She said: 'I was called tuna-fish girl at school because I had to be so healthy.  No pierced ears. No soda.  And no violent TV.'
But the model suggests that sometimes childrearing is as much about nature as nurture - she also has a little bit of the rebel in her.
She said: 'I’ve had a fake ID since I was, like, 13. So I think she might have just given up.'
Atlanta says she loves sharing her mother’s clothes and can only recall rowing with her on about three times.
Cover girl: Atlanta modelling for Tatler
Cover girl: Atlanta modelling for Tatler
She also reveals that she and her rock star father love nothing more than eating out in their local pub when they are in London.
She said: 'We’re going to have fish and chips and mushy peas tonight in Notting Hill. I’m a big pub fan and. I love cider - and Ribena.  It cures everything.'
She reveals that Taylor, who co-founded Duran Duran has tried to pass on his musical skills to her and she in turn has taken to calling him the ‘human juke box’
She said: 'My dad taught me to play the drums and the bass when I was really young, and I was in a poppy girl band. But when I went to middle school, I told him I wasn’t sure if the girl band thing was going to continue. 
'He was heartbroken, so he gave me a DJ set for my birthday and sent me the most amazing play list of about 400 songs. I call him the human jukebox, because he has pretty much listened to every album in the world’ 
The star, said she has no idea what inspired her unusual first name.
She said: 'I’m not sure why I’m called Atlanta - I wasn’t conceived there, I wasn’t born there.  I’ve only ever been through the airport and like sat in the smoking section.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2380204/A-good-night-Thats-fish-chips-local-Model-daughter-21-Word-star-Amanda-Cadenet-shows-signs-mothers-wild-child-streak.html#ixzz2aL51oGMg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook