Tuesday 23 July 2013

Helen Mirren turns up the heat in a ruby red dress for Red 2 premiere

Scorchio! Helen Mirren turns up the heat in a ruby red dress for Red 2 premiere... and then has to use a fan to cool down


It was one of the hottest days of the year with temperatures reaching a sweltering 34C in London but Dame Helen Mirren managed to send the mercury soaring even further at her premiere. 
The 67-year-old actress wore a dazzling ruby red Jenny Packham dress to attended the screening on her new film Red 2 in Leicester Square on Monday night. 
It seems that the knee length crystal embellished cocktail dress from the British designer's Jenny Autumn/Winter 2013 collection was a little too hot for the weather and the actress had armed herself with a fan to cool down. 
SCROLL DOWN FOR TRAILER... 
She's turning up the heat on her own: Dame Helen Mirren sizzled in a red Jenny Packham gown as she arrived at the premiere for her new film
She's turning up the heat on her own: Dame Helen Mirren sizzled in a red Jenny Packham gown as she arrived at the premiere for her new film
Despite the blazing temperatures Helen managed to sport impeccable make-up for the occasion with matte skin, liner around her eyes and a glossy lipstick.
With the hand fan in one hand Helen carried a cream clutch in the other. 
She stepped out in a pair of nude pointed pumps and wore dazzling diamond and ruby jewellery around her neck and wrists, as we as in her ears. 
She's still got it! The 67-year-old actress looked sensational in the ruby gown
She's still got it! The 67-year-old actress looked sensational in the ruby gown
The look of love: Helen was accompanied by her husband Taylor Hackford
The look of love: Helen was accompanied by her husband Taylor Hackford
Stand by your woman: Taylor has been by Helen throughout the promotion of the film
Stand by your woman: Taylor has been by Helen throughout the promotion of the film
Helen was joined by her co-stars and film crew members at the Empire Theatre in Leicester Square for the screening. 
Helen plays Victoria in the film, a secret agent who has come out of retirement it's a a far cry from her critically-acclaimed portrayal of Queen Elizabeth in The Queen.
The Oscar-winner confessed she had had her doubts about starring in the first installment of the blockbuster franchise in 2010, as she worried people might think she had 'sold out'.
Pleasing her fans: The Queen actress was seen signing autographs for some members of the crowd outside the theatre
Pleasing her fans: The Queen actress was seen signing autographs for some members of the crowd outside the theatre
Edit
Cute couple Bruce Willis and his wife Emma made an appearance on the red carpet
Cute couple Bruce Willis and his wife Emma made an appearance on the red carpet
Warm welcome: Helen and Mary were seen giving each other a hug no the red carpet outside the screening
Warm welcome: Helen and Mary were seen giving each other a hug no the red carpet outside the screening 


She said: 'I was a little bit, "Ooh, are people going to think I’ve sold out?" Quite honestly, I thought people would think I had sold out in a way.
'And then I realised how stupid I was and what an incredible opportunity it was to do something I’d never done before. And once I’d decided that I was very excited and just loved every minute. And I couldn’t wait to come back for the second time around.'
She added: 'When the penny dropped I realised it was a perfect opportunity for me to mix it up. I was just coming off doing The Queen and it was a brilliant jump in the opposite direction, but honestly just pure luck that I was asked to do it.'
No sign of Catherine: Helen and Bruce posed up with their co-star Mary-Louise Parker but Catherine Zeta Jones did not attend the premiere
No sign of Catherine: Helen and Bruce posed up with their co-star Mary-Louise Parker but Catherine Zeta Jones did not attend the premiere
Edit
The film - a sequel to the 2010 action comedy - sees Catherine Zeta-Jones play spy Miranda Wood, a love interest to Bruce Willis's character Frank Moses.
Helen's co-star Bruce has confessed he is 'impossible' to work with if he does not have his family on set with him.
The 58-year-old actor and his model wife Emma welcomed baby daughter Mabel last year, the actor’s fourth child.
Willis said of his work today: 'I’m fortunate in that I get to bring my family with me when I travel. And it would be impossible, impossibly unbearable for anyone I was working with if I didn’t have my family with me. I would just be moaning about that. I have a little baby, and I like to hang out with her everyday.'
At Monday's premiere, Bruce looked dapper in a black suit, while his English wife Emma wore a green Roland Mouret Titanium dress.
Red 2 will hit cinemas in the UK on July 19.
She's all white: Katie Melua wore a fetching light coloured outfit to attend the screening
She's all white: Katie Melua wore a fetching light coloured outfit to attend the screening
She's all white: Katie Melua wore a fetching light coloured outfit to attend the screening 
'I love being badass': Helen has said that she loves taking on the role of Victoria in Red 2
'I love being badass': Helen has said that she loves taking on the role of Victoria in Red 2




Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2374072/Helen-Mirren-turns-heat-ruby-red-dress-gets-hot-use-fan-cool-Red-2-premiere.html#ixzz2ZqwJ9yFT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook