Tuesday 23 July 2013

Victoria's Secret angel Doutzen Kroes gets in shape with ballet classes

Angel Doutzen Kroes reveals the key to her amazing body is ballet classes with Natalie Portman's Black Swan teacher

  • Victoria's Secret angel Doutzen, 28, gets in shape with ballet classes
  • Called on Mary Helen Bowers Natalie Portman's teacher for Black Swan
  • Dutch model has two-year-old son

She walks the catwalk in revealing lingerie and models swimwear for a living, so it is certainly in Doutzen Kroes' interest to maintain an incredible figure.
And now the Victoria's Secret model has revealed the secret to her enviable physique.
The 28-year-old swears by ballet to give her a catwalk-ready body, and has regular sessions with the instructor who helped whip Natalie Portman into shape for ballet-themed blockbuster Black Swan.
So THAT's her secret! Doutzen Kroes has revealed that she gets catwalk-ready by having ballet classes
So THAT's her secret! Doutzen Kroes has revealed that she gets catwalk-ready by having ballet classes
Doutzen said: 'I work out three or four times a week. I do a mix of boxing at a gym in New York and ballet with Mary Helen Bowers, who runs Ballet Beautiful and helped get Natalie Portman in shape for Black Swan.
'It's tough because it focuses on specific areas including the inner and outer thighs, butt and abdominal area and arms. Every morning after a workout with her, I feel so sore in places I didn't know I had, so it really works and I enjoy it.
'I also think that working out with a woman makes a difference as she understands what I want to look like. Men see things differently.'
The Dutch beauty - who has two-year-old son Phyllon - says her role as a mother has encouraged her to take more care of her body by watching what she eats and exercising more.
Doutzen has been working with ballet instructor Mary Helen Bowers, who runs Ballet Beautiful and helped get Natalie Portman in shape for Black Swan
Doutzen has been working with ballet instructor Mary Helen Bowers, who runs Ballet Beautiful and helped get Natalie Portman in shape for Black Swan
Doutzen has been working with ballet instructor Mary Helen Bowers, who runs Ballet Beautiful and helped get Natalie Portman in shape for Black Swan
Speaking to HELLO! magazine, she said: 'When you're younger you think you know everything, but I know my body better now than 10 years ago. 
'I run around like crazy since I had my son, but I'm lucky and have good genes so my stomach has never been a problem area.
'However, I know I have to work out and eat healthily now.'
Miss Kroes is the fourteenth highest-earning model in the world, thanks to her lucrative contracts with Victoria's Secret, L'Oreal, Calvin Klein and more.
Doutzen says she runs around like crazy since she had her son, but is lucky and have good genes
Doutzen says she runs around like crazy since she had her son, but is lucky and have good genes
Doutzen says she runs around like crazy since she had her son, but is lucky and have good genes


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2375126/Victorias-Secret-Angel-Doutzen-Kroes-reveals-key-amazing-body-ballet-classes-Natalie-Portmans-Black-Swan-teacher.html#ixzz2ZtdA2laI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook