Tuesday 23 September 2014

Pixie Lott reveals her fear to perform lifts with dance partner Trent Whiddon as she prepares for ballroom debut on Strictly Come Dancing

'I don't want to flatten him': Pixie Lott reveals her fear to perform lifts with dance partner Trent Whiddon as she prepares for ballroom debut on Strictly Come Dancing

She may be a pint-sized pop star but Pixie Lott has admitted she fears for her Strictly Come Dancing partner Trent Whiddon when it comes to the elaborate dance lifts.
The 23-year-old singer revealed the lifts are the one thing she is dreading the most ahead of the pair’s first performance together as the show kicks off on September 26.
Speaking to the Radio Times, Pixie said: ‘[I’m dreading] the lifts, because I don’t want to flatten him’.
Scroll down for video 
Cover stars: Pixie Lott has admitted she fears for her Strictly Come Dancing partner Trent Whiddon when it comes to the elaborate dance lifts as she graces the cover of Radio Times magazine
Cover stars: Pixie Lott has admitted she fears for her Strictly Come Dancing partner Trent Whiddon when it comes to the elaborate dance lifts as she graces the cover of Radio Times magazine
However, professional dancer Trent brushed her fears to the side as he said: ‘Ridiculous, I know! Isn’t she cute?’
    The pop princess has been squeezing rehearsals into her busy schedule and revealed she has had to lose sleep to fit it all in.
    She admitted to the magazine: ‘The Strictly days are really long and I’ve also been doing gigs and recording my music video, so I’ve hardly slept’.
    Competition time: Friday and Saturday night will see Pixie and Trent compete against the likes of The Saturdays singer Frankie Sandford, TV presenter Caroline Flack and former Rugby player, Thom Evans, as the contestants get their first chance to wow the judges
    Competition time: Friday and Saturday night will see Pixie and Trent compete against the likes of The Saturdays singer Frankie Sandford, TV presenter Caroline Flack and former Rugby player, Thom Evans, as the contestants get their first chance to wow the judges
    Friday and Saturday night will see Pixie and Trent compete against the likes of The Saturdays singer Frankie Sandford, TV presenter Caroline Flack and former Rugby player, Thom Evans, as the contestants get their first chance to wow the judges.
    Out now: The full interviews are in Radio Times magazine
    Out now: The full interviews are in Radio Times magazine
    The blonde beauty previously told MailOnline how the encouraging votes of confidence from fans in the wake of her surprise inclusion on the line-up cranked up the pressure for her to do well..
    ‘The pressure’s on because I’m favourite,’ she said. ‘But I just want to have a good time and go with the flow – that’s the most important thing.’
    While many believe the pop stars featuring in this year’s line-up have a clear advantage over less seasoned performers, she insists she’s in exactly the same position.
    ‘It’s completely different to going up on stage because I’m used to going up with my band and singing my own songs.
    ‘I’m so comfortable with that, I don’t get nervous at all – I just enjoy myself and I love it. I did a little show last night and I was in my element.’
    She added: ‘Doing this I feel completely different because I learn steps, but I’m excited because I want to learn the skills and hopefully I can use it in shows in the future – I’m excited.’
    Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC1 at 7pm on September 26 and 27.



    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2766192/I-don-t-want-flatten-Pixie-Lott-reveals-fear-perform-lifts-dance-partner-Trent-Whiddon-prepares-ballroom-debut-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html#ixzz3E9CZicTt
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook