Tuesday 20 September 2016

Lily James on going topless for her Burberry campaign and the secret to being seductive

'People were a bit shocked... I just felt really sexy': Lily James on going topless for her Burberry campaign and the secret to being seductive

She's known for her demure roles in dramas such as Downton Abbey and sent tongues wagging when she went topless for a recent Burberry campaign.
But Lily James has revealed she enjoyed exploring a different side of herself when she shot the advert.
Speaking to Elle  the 27-year-old Cinderella actress opened up about the the secret to feeling sexy, being emotional, and feminism.

Opening up: Lily James has revealed she enjoyed exploring a different side of herself when she shot the advert
Opening up: Lily James has revealed she enjoyed exploring a different side of herself when she shot the advert
Chatting about her recent Burberry campaign which saw her put on a more racy appearance, she says: 'The pictures are very sensual and seductive, and people are a bit shocked to think I would do that, based on the period roles I've played.
'It just felt natural. And it's nice to explore different sides of yourself. I just felt really confident and sexy. I think you're at your sexiest when you're at your most free and uninhibited and bold. Power is sexy. So is being open and innocent and vulnerable.
'But trying too hard is not sexy. Or thinking about it too much. I've got drawers of sexy underwear which I probably never wear because I'm much sexier when I'm not trying.'
'The pictures are very sensual and seductive, and people are a bit shocked to think I would do that, based on the period roles I've played', the 27-year-old Cinderella actress revealed
'The pictures are very sensual and seductive, and people are a bit shocked to think I would do that, based on the period roles I've played', the 27-year-old Cinderella actress revealed
And Lily is ready to take on tougher roles than those in Cinderella and War and Peace, pondering: 'Maybe I should be a b***h now…I'm so much more than those roles. I can be challenging too and not always sunny in the way people might expect. 
'I'm not afraid to insult people, not purposefully, but…to have strength of conviction and trust myself.'
However she admits she still has a vulnerable side, explaining: 'I'm quite an emotional person, and I'm sensitive in that I care about a lot of things, and that can make you vulnerable, everyone has darkness in them, don't they?'
'Maybe I should be a b***h now…I'm so much more than those roles', the British actress is ready to play tougher roles
'Maybe I should be a b***h now…I'm so much more than those roles', the British actress is ready to play tougher roles
'I can be quite a solitary person and I need to be alone quite a lot. Or with Matt,' she adds.
And despite needing her alone time the British actress enjoys the odd wild night, revealing: 'I love dancing but I don't do it very much now unless I'm drunk. Me and Matt have been known to dance on a table…'
Speaking about the revived wave of feminism Lily says: 'The brilliant thing is that it is now being addressed so openly. Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, Lena Dunham are all so inspiring and I feel totally swept up in the movement, even though I haven't had a pay gap experience in the same way as them due to doing different type of work. 
'But we all need to join together from the smallest jobs to big blockbuster movie.'
The October issue of ELLE UK will be available on newsstands from 20 September.  


Lily James stars in steamy new campaign ad for My Burberry Black

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:30
Fullscreen
Need Text
Racy: She sent tongues wagging when she went topless for a recent Burberry campaign. 
Racy: She sent tongues wagging when she went topless for a recent Burberry campaign. Latest news, trends, people and opinion for fashion, beauty, style and culture | ELLE UK


  • Latest news, trends, people and opinion for fashion, beauty, style and culture | ELLE UK


  • Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3797900/Lily-James-going-topless-Burberry-campaign-secret-seductive.html#ixzz4KmaTpwcJ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook