Wednesday 10 July 2013

Baking entrepreneur Luisa Zissman and cosmetics medic Leah Totton are through to an all-girl final on The Apprentice

Cakes vs collagen: Baking entrepreneur Luisa Zissman and cosmetics medic Leah Totton are through to an all-girl final on The Apprentice 

Luisa Zissman and Leah Totton impressed Lord Sugar and his expert panel to make it through to the final. 
The 25-year-old cake entrepreneur, who wants to launch a new baking brand, and the 24-year-old doctor who proposes a Botox business, are down to the last two competing to win £250,000 investment and the chance to be Lord Sugar’s business partner.
Francesa MacDuff-Varley narrowly missed out on making the cut with her dance-themed fitness business proposal. 
Delighted: Leah Totton and Luisa Zissman were delighted to bag a place in the final
Delighted: Leah Totton and Luisa Zissman were delighted to bag a place in the final
Delighted: Leah Totton and Luisa Zissman were delighted to bag a place in the final 
Karen Brady was particularly thrilled with the all-girl final and she said: 'I can’t tell you how pleased I am that your new business partner is going to be a woman.' 
And speaking about the finalists she said: 'A good entrepreneur spots a gap in the market that's Leah, or spots an emerging market and that's Leah.'
Miss Totton surprised the panel with her business plan and her ability to quote figures from it - but Sugar admitted he was concerned about the ethical aspect of her business, one which would offer lunchtime fillers and injections. 
Over the moon: The baking entrepreneur and the medic were thrilled to be put through and celebrated together
Over the moon: The baking entrepreneur and the medic were thrilled to be put through and celebrated together
The blonde doctor admitted she has no business experience but confessed to Lord Sugar’s team of advisors: 'I really need the money.'
Viewers saw soccer-centre manager Neil Clough miss out on a place in the final, despite Lord Sugar admitting he was his favourite candidate.
The 32-year-old was told his estate agency website idea was not a viable business, but refused to back down.
Third: Francesa MacDuff-Varley narrowly missed out on making the cut with her dance-themed fitness business proposal
Third: Francesa MacDuff-Varley narrowly missed out on making the cut with her dance-themed fitness business proposal
The girls win: Third: Francesa, Luissa and Leah all impressed the panel with their different business ideas
The girls win: Third: Francesa, Luissa and Leah all impressed the panel with their different business ideas
Sugar told him: 'If this was all about me giving someone a job, I’d give you a job tomorrow. But coming into business with me, I’m afraid not my friend.'
Clough admitted: 'I’m absolutely gutted. My biggest regret is I was given a chance to put in a Plan B and I didn’t, and I absolutely do regret that.'
“Whether or not that end goal of winning took over, I don’t know. I’m so competitive, that’s why I think I’m so gutted now. I wanted it so much and it’s difficult to take.
Pleased with the outcome: Karen Brady was thrilled that two women were in the final
Pleased with the outcome: Karen Brady was thrilled that two women were in the final
'With regret': Lord Sugar was genuinely disappointed
'With regret': Lord Sugar was genuinely disappointed by Neil Clough's business plan
'With regret': Lord Sugar was genuinely disappointed by Neil Clough's business plan
'For Lord Sugar to say, "You’re the right man, you’ve just got the wrong plan", I could see he was sort of willing me to be the person that goes into business with him.
'But my business plan wasn’t right for him, I did make a couple of mistakes with it. I do respect his decision.'
In one of the tasks Clough gave a motivational speech to a group of businessman, in which he opened up about how his father’s death from cancer had motivated him to succeed in life and make his dad proud.
Embarrassing: Jordan Poultan was labelled a 'parasite' and his business plan left the panel completely unimpressed
Embarrassing: Jordan Poultan was labelled a 'parasite' and his business plan left the panel completely unimpressed
He confessed: 'My father passing away when I was 18 was a real driver, he was a strong character in my life. And he had that goal for me to become a professional footballer. And to this day I never know whether I let him down or not.'
'I think that is one of my biggest drivers, to make him proud of me. And as I got further along on The Apprentice, it was like "If I win it I will make him proud of me." And I think the difficult thing for me to take is I’ve fallen short of the final hurdle.'
Finalist Luisa Zissman posed naked for a charity calendar prior to taking part in the show, and revealing photographs have been published by newspapers.
The Apprentice Final will air on Wednesday July 17 at 8pm on BBC1.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2359731/The-Apprentice-2013-Baking-entrepreneur-Luisa-Zissman-cosmetics-medic-Leah-Totton-girl-final.html#ixzz2YgcdKl3N
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook