Thursday 16 April 2015

Freida Pinto reveals her humble side as she poses in plunging and sheer designer gowns for warrior princess shoot

'I don't like looking in the mirror': Freida Pinto reveals her humble side as she poses in plunging and sheer designer gowns for warrior princess shoot

Freida Pinto has proved just how strikingly beautiful she is in a brand new photo shoot.
However, speaking to THE EDIT magazine, the actress admits that she's not completely at ease with her looks and that she doesn't even tend to look at her own reflection.
Speaking about how she wants to shake off the moniker 'the most beautiful girl in the world' following her star turn in Danny Boyle's Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire, she admitted it's not really how she views herself. 
Scroll down for video 
Warrior princess: Freida Pinto poses in a plunging black gown with a thigh high slit and gladiator sandals in the new issues of Net-A-Porter's THE EDIT magazine, as she discusses beauty, campaigning and more

Warrior princess: Freida Pinto poses in a plunging black gown with a thigh high slit and gladiator sandals in the new issues of Net-A-Porter's THE EDIT magazine, as she discusses beauty, campaigning and more


'It's not necessarily the way I see myself. In fact, I don't even like to look at myself in the mirror,' the 30-year-old revealed.
'But I'm aware of the perception and I always say that if it's because of that one line in Slumdog where Latika is described as 'the most beautiful girl in the world', then I have to do everything I can to change the perception.' 

Styled by Net-A-Porter's US Style Editor Tracy Taylor, and photographed by Chad Pitman, the stunning star wows in a series of pictures while kitted out in warrior princess-inspired pieces
She looks sensational in a deep plunging black dress, cut low down to her torso and also with a thigh-high slit, revealing gladiator boots underneath.
Flawless: The 30-year-old actress also sported a sheer gown in the striking editorial, in pictures taken by Chad Pitman
Flawless: The 30-year-old actress also sported a sheer gown in the striking editorial, in pictures taken by Chad Pitman
Her lithe and gently muscular frame looks more powerful and strong than ever, fitting with the women-friendly theme of the issue, entitled All Woman. 
A second shot sees her showing off her skills as a model as she bends backwards in a dramatic fashion, her figure clad in a sartorial sheer taupe number.
Freida was photographed and interviewed for Net-A-Porter's online magazine to talk about her ongoing work with a global campaign to protect girls from violence and sex trafficking.
And the Mumbai-born actress, who recently presented the premiere of India’s Daughter – a US documentary about the 2012 gang rape and death of student Jyoti Singh in Delhi - was happy to discuss how she uses her fame to help those in need. 
She has been working with children's charity Plan International to help raise awareness of these important issues, and has become the ambassador for their Because I'm A Girl campaign.
She's All Woman: In the special issue, the actress discussed her campaigning work to help girls in need with Plan International, for the Because I'm A Girl initiative 
She's All Woman: In the special issue, the actress discussed her campaigning work to help girls in need with Plan International, for the Because I'm A Girl initiative 
'You hear that phrase so much, "I got raped … because I'm a girl", "I can't go out at night … because I'm a girl", when really it should be, "Because I'm a girl, I can give birth to the next generation of enlightened males",' she explained.
The star also travelled to Sierra Leon to visit those affected by the high levels of teenage preganncy and female genital mutilation, and spoke about how the experience let her feeling enlightened instead of upset.
On travelling to Sierra Leone where teenage pregnancy and female genital mutilation are rife, and being enlightened rather than upset.
She said: 'Actually I came back so inspired. I learned that having preconceived notions and stereotypes is pointless. And I should've known that – I'm faced with stereotypes all the time.'
In her no-holds barred interview, she also discussed how she copes with the perceptions about her looks and also her ethnicity. 
'It's hard because the first thing people see when I go into an audition is that I am 100% Indian, but I don't remember a time in my life when I did not see myself as a world citizen. 

No boundaries: Freida - who rose to international fame in 2008's Slumdog Millionaire - admitted that she doesn't see herself as an Indian actress, but rather a 'world citizen'

No boundaries: Freida - who rose to international fame in 2008's Slumdog Millionaire - admitted that she doesn't see herself as an Indian actress, but rather a 'world citizen'
'When I watch films, I can always imagine myself as the female lead – even if it's Minnie Mouse.' 
She became a household name when she landed a starring role in 2008's Slumdog Millionaire, opposite her former long-term boyfriend Dev Patel.
But the Desert Dancer actress is the first to admit that her heightened fame levels left her feeling overwhelmed.
'It was also partly due to the fact that Dev and I were dating, so suddenly there we were, being chased down London's Regent Street by the paparazzi,' she explained. 
'People were being knocked down in front of cars and it was really messy. For a long time I felt that I couldn't be myself. I pushed a lot of friends away from me at that time and it took me about two years to understand it. 
'Now that I do, I feel like there's a method to this madness.'
And now she's focusing on using her A-list status for good, with all of her charity campaigning in order to help girls in need across the world.
'Even though I was happy that the projects kept coming up and getting better, there was a part of me that was not feeling fulfilled,' she admitted of her success following her role in Slumdog. 
'If it gives me a bigger ticket and I can use whatever fame I get to help women and girls who have been sexually abused, then it's worth it.' 
To see the full interview with Freida Pinto, read The EDIT at www.net-a-porter.com
Past love: She also opened up about her previous long-term romance with Dev Patel, and the struggle of coping with her new-found fame when they were first dating
Past love: She also opened up about her previous long-term romance with Dev Patel, and the struggle of coping with her new-found fame when they were first dating



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3041793/I-don-t-like-looking-mirror-Freida-Pinto-reveals-humble-poses-plunging-sheer-designer-gowns-warrior-princess-shoot.html#ixzz3XV55XjqX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook