Thursday 1 September 2016

The 2016 Strictly Come Dancing line-up in full

The Strictly Come Dancing line-up in full: The ex-cabinet bruiser, the pocket rocket radio host, the model perfectionist and the Olympians - but who will waltz off with the prize?

It is yet to begin, but the imminent fourteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing is poised up to be the most glamorous yet.
The 15 celebrity contestants have been unveiled in their official Strictly costumes in a series of official shots ahead of the live launch on Saturday evening.
Leading the line in a thigh-skimming yellow dress and strappy heels, presenter Laura Whitmore, 31, dazzles as she strikes a sassy pose - but despite her confident demeanor she admits to being a novice on the dance floor.

dancing feet: Leading the line in a thigh-skimming yellow dress and strappy heels, presenter Laura Whitmore, 31, dazzles as she strikes a sassy pose - but despite her confident demeanor she admits to being a novice on the dance floor
dancing feet: Leading the line in a thigh-skimming yellow dress and strappy heels, presenter Laura Whitmore, 31, dazzles as she strikes a sassy pose - but despite her confident demeanor she admits to being a novice on the dance floor
'Just learning a new skill will be great and I suppose maybe at the next Whitmore wedding I'll get on that jive floor with my aunties and I'll show them a thing or two!' she said.
Elsewhere Daisy Lowe's curvy figure is accentuated by her striking sheer red dress, and the fashion model, 27, admits she's already got her eyes on the coveted Glitterball trophy.
'It wouldn't be a competition if I didn't want to win!' she said. 'I've got to try and accept that things might take time to learn and not to get too frustrated and not talk back to the judges when they critique me because I would have put my heart and soul into it and I really don't want my Camden roots to shame me!' 
Going for gold: The fashion model, 27, admits she's already got her eyes on the coveted Glitterball trophy
The name's Balls... Ed Balls: The politician admits his wife inspired him to sign up
Ravishing in red: Elsewhere Daisy Lowe's curvy figure is accentuated by her striking sheer red dress (left), while Ed Balls (right), channels 007 in a smart tuxedo two-piece
Looking good: Singer Anastacia, 47, stuns in a plunging blue dress with distinctive fringed embellishments after emerging as the only international member of the new line-up
... while Naga Munchetty adds extra splash of colour to proceedings
All that glitters: Louise Redknapp looks stunning in an embellished pink number teamed with strappy gold heels
Looking good: Singer Anastacia, 47, (left) stuns in a plunging blue dress with distinctive fringed embellishments after emerging as the only international member of the new line-up, while Naga Munchetty (centre) adds extra splash of colour to proceedings and Louise Redknapp (right) goes pretty in pink
Singer Anastacia, 47, stuns in a plunging blue dress with distinctive fringed embellishments after emerging as the only international member of the new line-up. 
The American star is featuring on Strictly ten years after undergoing a double mastectomy and she wants her appearance on the show to be an empowering experience. 
She said: 'Dancing brings you closer to your womanly side and I'm kind of getting in touch with my female parts that are new, as they're only a couple of years old.' 
Elsewhere politician Ed Balls, who channels 007 in a smart tuxedo two-piece, admits his wife inspired him to sign up.
'Yvette is hugely envious, she's always wanted to be on Strictly, she's a great dancer so she said to me you've got to do it - so I'm doing it for Yvette,' the  49-year old said. 
Fancy feet: Presenter Ore Oduba...
... and celebrity judge Robert Rinder will be hoping to impress judges with their dance moves when Strictly returns for a fourteenth series
Fancy feet: Presenter Ore Oduba and celebrity judge Robert Rinder will be hoping to impress judges with their dance moves when Strictly returns for a fourteenth series
Suave: Will Young looks dapper in a sharp grey suit and two-tone shoes ahead of Saturday's live launch 
Suave: Will Young looks dapper in a sharp grey suit and two-tone shoes ahead of Saturday's live launch 
While Ed  proved to be a surprise addition, actor Danny Mac is the latest in a long line of Hollyoaks stars to appear on the long running show. 
The 28-year old shows of his toned chest and abs in a tight fitting shirt and fitted black trousers as he looks ahead to his first appearance on the ballroom floor. 
But while he's yet to be given a dance partner, the hunky star already  knows what he's looking for. 
'Someone who can literally drag me round a dance floor and can communicate telepathically to let me know what I've got to do next because I will not remember - I've got the memory of a goldfish!' 
Meanwhile Will Young looks dapper in a sharp grey suit and two-tone shoes, while Melvin Odoom, 36, Greg Rutherford, 29, and Judge Robert Rinder dazzle in colourful, sequinned shirts. 
Look who's back: Tess Daly will return to present the long running BBC show 
Look who's back: Tess Daly will return to present the long running BBC show 
Ballroom ready: Actress Leslie Joseph, the oldest member of the group at 70, looks colourful in a lilac gown...
...  with EastEnders star Tameka Empson, 39, matching the trend in a plunging green variation
Ballroom ready: Actress Leslie Joseph, the oldest member of the group at 70, looks colourful in a lilac gown, with EastEnders star Tameka Empson, 39, matching the trend in a plunging green variation
Hollyoaks hunk: Danny Mac is the latest in a long line of Hollyoaks stars to appear on the long running show
Hollyoaks hunk: Danny Mac is the latest in a long line of Hollyoaks stars to appear on the long running show
Reflecting on his imminent appearance, Rinder, 38, says he was motivated to take part because his ailing grandparents are huge fans of the show. 
'Although they've always been unconditionally proud of me I think there is something magical about being able to take part in something which gives them such joy and escapism especially as they suffer from all sorts of illnesses.' 
Adding an extra splash of colour to proceedings, TV presenter Naga Munchetty, 41, catches the eye in a hot pink wrap top and matching fringed skirt - a recurring theme among this year's female contingent, with EastEnders star Tameka Empson, 39, matching the trend in a plunging green variation.
Actress Leslie Joseph, the oldest member of the group at 70, looks equally vibrant in a lilac gown, and she admits she's been earnestly preparing for the rigorous daily dance classes:
Ready to dance: Olympian Claudia Fragapane is raring to go in a pink fringed crop top and matching skirt 
Ready to dance: Olympian Claudia Fragapane is raring to go in a pink fringed crop top and matching skirt 
Let's do this: Melvin Odoom looks focused as he prepares for his first Strictly appearance on Saturday night
Let's do this: Melvin Odoom looks focused as he prepares for his first Strictly appearance on Saturday night


'I’ve been trying to do lots of cardio stuff so I am walking everywhere plus doing exercise classes and yoga classes as much as I can and trying to lose weight but I am failing in that so far!' she said. 
'I think another challenge will be trying to keep going with the training. I’m not 21, I’m not 31 or 41 so I think as far as that’s concerned that will probably be the biggest challenge.' 
Despite being the youngest member Claudia Fragapane, 18, is equally nervous about hitting the dance floor. 
The Olympian, who stuns in a fringed pink crop top and matching skirt, said: 'My only dance experience is linked to gymnastics and my floor routines – we need to be graceful and have musicality but I have never done any kind of real dance training! '
'I used to watch Louis Smith when he was on the show and saw how he used his gymnastics skills to compliment his routines, so I’ll be following his lead there! 
man on a mission: Greg Rutherford is hoping to be as impressive with his footwork as he is with his athletics 
man on a mission: Greg Rutherford is hoping to be as impressive with his footwork as he is with his athletics 
The 14th series of the BBC hit starts on Saturday when the celebrities will discover which professional dancer they are to be paired up with for the competition and with their help, hope to take home the famous Glitterball Trophy.
Along with the professional dancers, the celebrities will take to the dance floor for the very first time for a group performance.
There will also be one final dance from last year’s reigning champions and 2015 winners, Jay McGuinness and Aliona Vilani who will perform their memorable Pulp Fiction jive.
Once the celebrities pair up with their professional dancers, they will have three weeks to train before returning to the ballroom to perform live every Saturday night.
There will be no public vote in the first week and the results show with Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will begin from week two on Sunday nights. 
From then, each week the two couples with the lowest combined scores from the judges and public vote will face each other in the dance off, with one couple leaving the competition for good. 

LAURA WHITMORE

Age: 31
Occupation: TV presenter
Says: 'My friends are so jealous. I’ll be learning a new skill and getting fit! Just to learn a new skill will be great and I suppose maybe at the next Whitmore wedding I’ll get on that Jive floor'

WILL YOUNG 

Age: 37
Occupation: Singer and former winner of Pop Idol 2002
Says: 'The idea of Ballroom & Latin terrifies me and excites me in equal measure!... I just want to do my best, take it week by week and work as hard as I can.'

NAGA MUNCHETTY 

Age: 41
Occupation: BBC Breakfast presenter
Says: 'Pop me in a night club or on the dance floor and I’ll just throw myself round and love it, so I’m enthusiastic. For enthusiasm I get ten out of ten.'

 ROBERT RINDER

Age: 38
Occupation: Star of the TV show Judge Rinder
Says: 'I’m not very good, I’m a private secret dancer and I love to dance. The main reason is as my grandparents get older it’s a show they absolutely love.'

DAISY LOWE 

Age: 27
Occupation: Model
Says: 'I love dancing so much! I wouldn’t say I’m skilled but I love ‘Dropping it Lowe’, but I’ve never done anything like this before so this is a whole new territory for me with Ballroom.'

GREG RUTHERFORD 

Age: 29
Occupation: World Champion Long Jumper
Says: 'I have zero dance skills and I have zero dance experience so that’s part of the concern I have! To be honest we just did a fitting for the outfits.'

ANASTACIA 

Age: 47
Occupation: US musician
Says: 'Dancing brings you closer to your womanly side and I’m kind of getting in touch with my female parts that are new, as they’re only a couple of years old.'

ED BALLS 

Age: 49
Occupation: Politician
Says: 'I think the person I want to impress most is Len because it’s his last series and he is like the doyen of Strictly judges and I think he’s a great chair'

LOUISE REDKNAPP 

Age: 41
Occupation: TV personality and former Eternal singer
Says: 'I’m a mum, I’ve got my husband at home, I’ll want to go and get on with the job in hand and I’ll want to learn want I need.'

ORE ODUBA 

Age: 29
Occupation: BBC Sports presenter
Says: 'I'm really looking forward to being thrown well out of my comfort zone and meeting the other dancers and celebrities - it's a big, sparkly family I can't wait to be a member of!'

MELVIN ODOOM 

Age: 36
Occupation: Radio DJ and former Xtra Factor presenter
Says: 'If I’m with someone who doesn’t get my humour it won’t work. I’m all about having fun in everything that I do in life I want to enjoy it.'

CLAUDIA FRAGAPANE 

Age: 18
Occupation: Olympic Gymnast
Says: 'My only dance experience is linked to gymnastics and my floor routines – we need to be graceful and have musicality but I have never done any kind of real dance training!'

DANNY MAC 

Age: 28
Occupation: Hollyoaks actor
Says: 'I’ve got the memory of a goldfish! That comes from TV – it used to be really good but after doing TV you can learn everything you need to learn in 5 minutes'

LESLEY JOSEPH 

Age: 70
Occupation: Actress and Birds Of A Feather star
Says: 'I’m not 21, I’m not 31 or 41 so I think as far as that’s concerned that will probably be the biggest challenge.'

TAMEKA EMPSON 

Age: 39
Occupation: EastEnders actress
Says: 'Strictly has always been a dream of mine. So when the opportunity knocked, I answered the door and said "Welcome, come on in! I've been waiting for you".'







Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3767825/Laura-Whitmore-rivals-Daisy-Lowe-glamour-Ed-Balls-channels-007-competitive-Class-2016-Strictly-makeover.html#ixzz4IzkjssMQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook