Friday 21 June 2013

Miranda Kerr reveals secrets of her 'traditional' marriage to Orlando Bloom

'Men feel important when you ask for their help': Miranda Kerr reveals secrets of her 'traditional' marriage to Orlando Bloom 

She may currently have a seemingly more successful career than her husband Orlando Bloom.
But Miranda Kerr says she prefers to take a backseat in her home life with her hubby.
The 30-year-old supermodel has revealed her very traditional values when it comes to her marriage to the Lord Of The Rings star. 
Opening up: Miranda Kerr has revealed her very retro and traditional ideals when it comes to her marriage to Lord Of The Rings star Orlando Bloom in an interview with Net-a-porter's online magazine The Edit
Opening up: Miranda Kerr has revealed her very retro and traditional ideals when it comes to her marriage to Lord Of The Rings star Orlando Bloom in an interview with Net-a-porter's online magazine The Edit
In an interview with Net-a-porter's online magazine The Edit, Miranda discusses the relationship dynamic between her and Orlando, whom both share a two-year-old son Flynn.
The Australian model says it's important for her to sometimes let Orlando be the dominant one in their home life.
'I think it is really important not to feel as a woman that you have to do and be everything,' she explains.
Gorgeous: In the magazine, the 30-year-old also models an array of swimwear
Gorgeous: In the magazine, the 30-year-old also models an array of swimwear 
'I am quite dominant in my career, so what really works for me when I come home, is to relax more into the feminine side.
'If you’re really an alpha female, you don’t allow [your partner] to have the space to feel like the man in the relationship.
'Maybe I am too traditional, but men feel important when you ask for their help, instead of thinking you can do it all on your own.'
Taking a backseat: The Australian model says it's important for her to sometimes let Orlando be the dominant one in their home life
Taking a backseat: The Australian model says it's important for her to sometimes let Orlando be the dominant one in their home life
Strike a pose: Miranda shows off her incredible figure in the magazine, slipping into a racy black bikini
Strike a pose: Miranda shows off her incredible figure in the magazine, slipping into a racy black bikini
She says that in her past relationships she has made the mistake of trying to do it all on her own.  
'My mistake in my relationships has been to feel that I can do it all on my own: I don’t need a man,' she says.
'That is definitely a mistake. Women generally want to feel loved and appreciated. It’s something that I am working on every day, trust me! It’s a challenge for me to do that.'
Elsewhere in the interview, which is accompanied by sexy snaps of the star wearing an array of swimwear designs, Miranda once again dispels rumours that her Victoria's Secret contract ended after six years because 'she was too old'.
Parents: Miranda and Orlando share a two-year-old son, Flynn
Parents: Miranda and Orlando share a two-year-old son, Flynn
'Ed [Razek, who has been casting the models for 15 years] and I are really good friends, and we both decided it was impractical for me to continue. I have such fond memories of working with them,' she explains.
Miranda, who has her own beauty line Kora Organics, says she's excited about the change in the direction of her career.
'I am really enjoying having a more active role in everything I am doing,' she says.
'Being creatively involved, being strategic about the projects I take, making sure that they are in line with me and my brand.'
She also intends to use her public identity and voice for good.
'I want to do good things with that voice,' she says. 'My ambition comes from my passion: finding what I love and then expanding on that.'
Swinging in the sun: Miranda posted a photograph of herself and her son Flynn on her Instagram account on Thursday afternoon
Swinging in the sun: Miranda posted a photograph of herself and her son Flynn on her Instagram account on Thursday afternoon


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2346004/Miranda-Kerr-reveals-prefers-backseat-marriage-husband-Orlando-Bloom.html#ixzz2WtP2VWpQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook