Saturday 13 July 2013

Cher Lloyd reveals her inked body on magazine cover

Tatt's the way to show them off: Cher Lloyd reveals her inked body on magazine cover

Cher Lloyd not only has "The X Factor," but she's also got a ton of tattoos!
The UK singer covers the August issue of Inked Magazine, where she shows off her massive collection of body ink.
Posing on the beach and on the hoods of a few classic cars, the 19-year-old puts both her body and the art covering it on display -- and opens up about her first tattoo.
Former X-Factor star Cher Lloyd poses in her underwear as she appears on the cover of US tattoo magazine, Inked
Former X-Factor star Cher Lloyd poses in her underwear as she appears on the cover of US tattoo magazine, Inked
'I was actually at school and had a lunch break so my mom took me to get a tattoo at a local artist’s house and then I went straight back,' she says of getting a music note on her hand when she was just 16.
'At the time I still hadn’t been on [X Factor] and the tattoo artist said to me that people wouldn’t employ me because I had a tattoo on my hand,' she says.
But Cher, 19, was adamant that it wouldn't affect her.She added to the magazine: 'I had this crazy thought in my head that I wasn’t going to do anything but be a performer anyway.'
And the former X Factor star has certainly made that come true.
Tattooed lady: Cher poses for several photos in the inside covers of the culture, style and art magazine
Tattooed lady: Cher poses for several photos in the inside covers of the culture, style and art magazine
Since her first inking she's gotten a Dia de Los Muertos skull, the lyrics to You Are My Sunshine, butterflies and a bow on one of her fingers among others.
She estimates she has around 20 and started her collection on her hand at the age of 16.
Other tattoos are the birdcage on her left arm and a bird on her right arm, which she got to commemorate her uncle’s passing.
She explained: 'I remember growing up my uncle always had birds, and I thought that it would be interesting to do something different other than getting his name tattooed on me. I thought there was something special about leaving the cage door open and having the bird fly out the other side.'
But Cher is keen to ensure young fans don’t rush into emulating her: 'It’s up to an individual to choose when they want to get a tattoo – and if you’re under the age – you should discuss it with your parents like I did.'
Popular: Cher has built a solid fan base in the USA, and spends a lot of time there
Popular: Cher has built a solid fan base in the USA, and spends a lot of time there
Popular: Cher showed off her tattoos recently at the 2013 Music Biz Awards in California
And she proudly shows them off on Inked Magazine as she sits in just a tiny pair of baby pink high waisted shorts and a matching printed bra.
The pop star wore her locks down and curly for the photo shoot as she posed on the car bonnet.
Although she kept her make-up fairly simple to make the skin art work stand out even more.
Breakthrough: Cher has come a long way from her days on X Factor, and is now a bona fide pop star in America
Breakthrough: Cher has come a long way from her days on X Factor, and is now a bona fide pop star in America
And she's obviously pleased with the photo shoot as she posted on Twitter this week: 'What do you think about my @Inkedmag cover?! Pick up a copy on newsstands now!xxx(:'
Since appearing on The X Factor Cher has gone from strength to strength, particularly in the States.
It was only on Thursday that she was honoured at industry gala the 2013 Music Biz Awards in California, where she again flaunted her tattoos for the cameras.
Cher is currently recording her second album and told the magazine: 'I feel like I’m taking a risk this time around, stepping away from the previous sound. I think it will be a bit of a shock for some people!'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2361681/Cher-Lloyd-reveals-tattooed-body-magazine-cover.html#ixzz2Yy9hR2Ni
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook