Sunday 8 September 2013

Emma Watson photoshoot proves Potter star has shed her geeky image

Hermione still knows how to cast a spell! Emma Watson photoshoot proves Potter star has shed her geeky image

She has been doing her utmost to shed the swotty, bespectacled schoolgirl image that delighted cinema-goers when she played Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films.
And this striking photograph of 23-year-old Emma Watson, who has since starred in The Bling Ring and My Week with Marilyn, should make her task a little easier. 
She wears a sleek navy dress slashed to the thigh, with her hair curled into a sophisticated bouffant, in next month’s GQ Men of the Year issue. 
Charming: Emma Watson in a photoshoot which will appear in a forthcoming issue of GQ Magazine
Charming: Emma Watson in a photoshoot which will appear in a forthcoming issue of GQ Magazine


And it should be no wonder she has chosen to unveil her latest look in the magazine. She was named GQ’s Woman of the Year last week.
    When asked about leaving behind her reputation as the ‘Harry Potter girl’, she told the magazine: ‘I’m prepared to wait it out. 
    'If it takes five years, it takes five years. If it takes more time . . . I’m here for the long haul.’
    Prize: The star with Tom Hiddleston - and a striking trophy - at the GQ Men of the Year Awards
    Prize: The star with Tom Hiddleston - and a striking trophy - at the GQ Men of the Year Awards
    Edit
    Contrast: In the Harry Potter films, Emma is portrayed as distinctly less stylish and polished
    Contrast: In the Harry Potter films, Emma is portrayed as distinctly less stylish and polished
    The full interview appears in the October 2013 issue of GQ magazine
    The full interview appears in the October 2013 issue of GQ magazine

    The actress, who has studied at Brown University in the US and as a visiting student at Worcester College, Oxford, also opened up about her hobby of meditating.
    She revealed: ‘I’d be jet-lagged, and I’d have a lot of different things to think about . . . 
    'I just needed something to stop the noise. I’m a very heady person; I’m in my head a lot. 
    ‘So I just needed something to slow down my thought process and so everything gets  a lot quieter. It’s really helped me.’
    Despite her fortune being valued at £27 million, she doesn’t own a place to live. 
    ‘It’s madness, I know. It’s really silly. I know, I really should do something about it,’ she said.
    ‘But it’s like my choices with everything. I just always have to be sure it’s really something I want!
    'Yeah, you can see, there’s a big thought process that goes behind everything... I guess it just seems really grown up.’
    The full interview with Emma appears in the October 2013 issue of GQ magazine.



    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2415295/Hermione-knows-cast-spell-Emma-Watson-photoshoot-proves-Potter-star-shed-geeky-image.html#ixzz2eKnjOnSv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook