Saturday 14 September 2013

Emma Willis announced as new presenter of The Voice UK

Emma Willis
Date: 14.09.2013Last updated: 14.09.2013 at 17.02
Category: BBC OneEntertainment
The third series of The Voice UK is to feature a brand-new hosting line-up when it returns to BBC One in January 2014. Heart Radio DJ and Big Brother presenter Emma Willis is to be the show’s presenter alongside a new co-presenter who will be announced next week.
Emma and her co-presenter will replace Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates, who are leaving for pastures new.
Emma said: “The Voice is an absolutely brilliant TV show with the unique ability to showcase and nurture amazing raw talent. I couldn't be more excited to a part of it and I cannot wait to get started."
Holly said: “After much consideration, I will not be returning for series three of The Voice UK. I’ve had two wonderful years on the show, and I feel very privileged to have been a part of it. Finding the right balance between my work and family life is my priority and this has contributed to my decision. I look forward to watching the next series from my sofa, and I wish the whole team the best of luck.”
Reggie said: "I've had a fantastic time on the last two series of The Voice UK and I wish all the team the best of luck for the new series."
Emma’s presenting career was launched in 2002 on MTV and she has since gone on to present slots on ITV’s This Morning and Loose Women and to host Big Brother on Channel 5. Emma also hosts the Sunday morning breakfast show on Heart FM alongside Stephen Mulhern.
Mark Linsey, BBC Controller of Entertainment Commissioning, said: “I’d like to thank Holly and Reggie for the fantastic job they’ve done on the first two series of The Voice UK but understand their reasons for leaving and wish them all the very best. With two new coaches on board and our two new presenters it’s going to really mix things up.”
Moira Ross, Head of Entertainment at Wall to Wall, said: “I’m looking forward to this exciting new chapter for the show. I have no doubt Emma will be fun, firm and fair in her role and I can’t wait to start working with her.”
Charlotte Moore, Controller of BBC One, said: "I'm thrilled to welcome Emma Willis to BBC One, she's a brilliant live TV presenter and forms part of our new presenting line-up on The Voice UK next year."
The new co-presenter will be announced next week.
HR