Tuesday 10 September 2013

Vanessa Hudgens defends her new risque image 'I am so comfortable with myself'

'I am so comfortable with myself': Vanessa Hudgens defends her new risque image and dismisses those drug allegations


She's come a long way from squeaky clean Gabriella in High School Musical.Vanessa Hudgens may have made a name for herself as a singing and dancing Disney star, but she takes on a sultry demeanor in the October issue of Marie Claire.
The 24-year-old rocks the cover in a low-cut black top and even scantier 1970s-style attire in the inside pages, a sign that this sexier Vanessa is here to stay.
Scroll down to view trailer...
Likes what she sees: Vanessa Hudgens tells the new October issue of Marie Claire that she's comfortable with her sexier image
Likes what she sees: Vanessa Hudgens tells the new October issue of Marie Claire that she's comfortable with her sexier image
In one provocative photo, Vanessa is seen lounging while dressed in a plunging white crop top and shorts, and satiny ivory blazer, while checking out her reflection. 
'I am so comfortable with myself – honing in on what I love and what makes me powerful,' Vanessa tells the magazine. 'Things I’ve been doing lately, I’m super-proud of. So I don’t really care if someone doesn’t like it, because I love it.'
She further says: 'You have a choice whether you want to be happy or not. I choose to be happy. And it’s been working out pretty well.' 
'I'm only human': The 24-year-old actress laughs off cocaine allegations, saying she was eating white chocolate at Coachella in April 2011, adding: 'I am aware that there are people who look up to me'
'I'm only human': The 24-year-old actress laughs off cocaine allegations, saying she was eating white chocolate at Coachella in April 2011, adding: 'I am aware that there are people who look up to me'
Her mode of dress these days tends to be just as revealing - midriff-baring tops, cut-off shorts and low-slung skirts.
Vanessa had people buzzing after she was spotted at Coachella in April 2011 digging into small bag and licking a white substance off her fingers.
The Sucker Punch star addresses those drug allegations in the interview too, with a snicker, saying it was white chocolate and not cocaine.
'I couldn’t do anything but laugh,' Vanessa says. 'It’s amazing how people like to create something out of absolutely nothing. I am human like everyone else. 
'I am aware that there are people who look up to me. When mistakes are made, they aren’t intentional, and I constantly push myself to be a better person.'
Boho chic: Vanessa loves her wild, untamed image which she accentuated with cut-off shorts and polka dot top on August 25 and a midriff-baring top and skirt on August 27
Boho chic: Vanessa loves her wild, untamed image which she accentuated with cut-off shorts and polka dot top on August 25 and a midriff-baring top and skirt on August 27
Boho chic: Vanessa loves her wild, untamed image which she accentuated with cut-off shorts and polka dot top on August 25 and a midriff-baring top and skirt on August 27
The actress, soon to be seen the Robert Rodriguez action-exploitation film Machete Kills, due to hit US theatres on October 11, is happier taking on riskier roles.
'A sense of knowing I’m part of something bigger than myself has allowed me to enjoy life more,' Vanessa says. ' And not worry about the little things. Like paparazzi.' 
The star's close friend, Selena Gomez, describes Hudgens: 'She’s not jaded at all. The person you see and talk to is the same person I talk to.' 
Don't mess: Vanessa plays a gun-toting babe in the action-packed Machete Kills, due out in US theatres on October 11
Don't mess: Vanessa plays a gun-toting babe in the action-packed Machete Kills, due out in US theatres on October 11
Vanessa also discusses how her family struggled financially so she could become a star.
She tells Marie Claire: 'Money was a big thing. My parents drove me up to L.A., which cost a lot because of gas, and took out loans so that we could move from location to location to be close to L.A. 
'The family definitely struggled. They were very supportive of me. They gave up a lot so that I could get to where I am.'
As far as the future goes, Vanessa has her priorities in order as to what she wants: 'A vintage mustang, kids, and an Oscar.'



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2416104/Vanessa-Hudgens-defends-new-risque-image-dismisses-drug-allegations.html#ixzz2eQXMAzX3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook