Monday 17 March 2014

Shailene Woodley reveals why she's single as she poses in playful prints

'I don't know if humans are made to be with one person forever': Shailene Woodley reveals why she's single as she poses in playful prints


She is about to become one of the most famous young stars around thanks to the hotly anticipated movie Divergent, which is coming out later this week.
And while you’d think Shailene Woodley has potential suitors queuing up around the block, the actress is single and happily so.
Shailene, who has previously said she doesn’t pick romantic partners based on their gender, revealed why she’s in no rush to settle down in a new interview.
Scroll down for video
It girl: Shailene Woodley stars in a fun photo shoot and interview for the new issue of Marie Claire magazine
It girl: Shailene Woodley stars in a fun photo shoot and interview for the new issue of Marie Claire magazine
‘I just haven’t met anyone where I was like, “Wow I could definitely see myself spending a season of my life with you,”’ the 22-year-old told Marie Claire
‘I don’t even know if humans are genetically made to be with one person forever.’
Shailene also admitted that she was ‘the latest bloomer there ever was.
‘I was still playing with Barbies at 14 and didn’t have my first kiss until 15-and-a-half. He had big, beautiful lips, and I was like, “I don’t know what I’m going to do with those.”’
Happily single: The actress admitted she doesn't know if humans are supposed 'to be with one person forever'
Happily single: The actress admitted she doesn't know if humans are supposed 'to be with one person forever'
But Shailene, who is famous for being a free-spirit, said that she has shed her insecurities and embraced her unique look.
‘My whole life I’ve been so self-conscious about being skinny,’ the rising star revealed. ‘And just recently I don’t care anymore.
‘All insecurities are projected because of what you think others are saying about you, but they don’t really matter at all. My only real insecurities in high school were having such long legs and thick hair – things I’m so very grateful for now.’
Shailene had scoliosis and had to wear a brace for 18 hours a day for two years, but the actress took it all in her stride and happily jokes about it now.
Super stardom: Shailene, pictured at LAX on Friday, is about to become a household name thanks to her role in Divergent
Super stardom: Shailene, pictured at LAX on Friday, is about to become a household name thanks to her role in Divergent
‘It didn’t faze me. I was like, “Some people have crooked teeth, some people have broken fingers, and I’ve got a back that has my initial on it,”’ she said with a laugh.
Shailene, who makes her own raw chocolate and does yoga, told the publication that she is often asked how she stays grounded but there was ‘no choice’ in the matter for the daughter of two psychologists.
‘It’s funny being in this industry, because everyone I talk to is like, “What diet are you on? What thing do you subscribe to?” It’s like, “Dude, diets are not the healthiest things in the world,”’ Shailene said.
The California born beauty also starred in a photo shoot for the magazine’s April issue, which hits newsstands on March 25.
Action-packed: The 22-year-old is pictured in a scene from the movie alongside co-star Zoe Kravitz
Action-packed: The 22-year-old is pictured in a scene from the movie alongside co-star Zoe Kravitz
Shailene can be seen sporting a series of cute printed outfits including a cut-out leotard under a pair of bright trousers.
The brunette started acting at a young age and she said she feels like now is the golden age for teenagers in entertainment.
‘I think there’s this big rise right now in giving teenagers the worth they have,’ she said. ‘For so long they were – and still are – depicted in movies and TV shows as codependent whiners or rich, beautiful, diamond-clad daughters or dumb cheerleader types.
‘But teenagers are so smart. I was probably smarter as a 16-year-old than I am today. There is a zest for life that you have at that age that is so beautiful.’
'One of my favourite human beings': Shailene gushed about her The Descendants co-star George Clooney
'One of my favourite human beings': Shailene gushed about her The Descendants co-star George Clooney
Admittedly though, Shailene is excited to have put her teenage years behind her and embrace adulthood.
Cover girl: The April issue of Marie Claire is out March 25
Cover girl: The April issue of Marie Claire is out March 25
‘For the first time, I feel like I’m entering my womanhood. I’ve decided to take a few months off, just to see who I am as that woman in the world, because I’ve never been able to experience it outside of this industry,’ she said.
Shailene became well-known thanks to her role as the daughter of George Clooney’s character in 2011 movie The Descendants, and she revealed in the interview that the A-lister is ‘still one of my favourite human beings.’
She explained: ‘The things he talks about in the press, like going to Africa, are about one-thirtieth of the things he does. My mom and George are probably the only two people I’ve ever met who are truly genuine givers.’
While she will soon have to get used to superstardom, you shouldn’t expect Shailene to change her down-to-earth nature, as the actress doesn’t get caught up in the hype, even from her fans.
‘I don’t pay any attention to the fan thing, because I think it’s a very strange culture nowadays,’ Shailene said. ‘People have always been fans of people, but I can’t relate to any of these girls or boys who scream.’
She added: ‘It’s idolizing someone you don’t know. None of these people know me…’


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2582718/Shailene-Woodley-reveals-shes-single-poses-playful-prints.html#ixzz2wGRTYTu0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook