Monday 6 April 2015

Kylie Jenner defends herself after neon photos spark accusations she's used 'blackface'

'Lets all calm down!' Kylie Jenner defends herself after neon photos spark accusations she's used 'blackface'

Kylie Jenner was forced to defend herself against accusations of racism when she posted a series of Instagram pictures showing herself with dark skin.
The reality star was photographed with fuschia hair, blue contact lenses and glittered skin under neon lights to create the out-of-this-world pictures, but found herself accused of donning 'blackface' when she shared a sneak peek with fans.
As Twitter users rushed to attack her, the 17-year-old wrote: 'so just got the time to head on social media lol. The photographer used a black light & neon lights for those photos.'
And she explained: 'Yes, In another world I wish I could have pink hair & blue eyes & covered in sparkles. 
'But in this world I'm happy w the way God created me. Happy Easter everybody.'
The first picture shared from the shoot had seen Kylie write: 'What I wish I looked like all the time.'
But amid the backlash she deleted her comment, writing instead: 'This is a black light and neon lights people lets all calm down.'
The photo shows the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star's signature inflated lips - which she has claimed is a makeup trick - cracked open as her eyes are fixed ahead.
In another image from the set, shared by celebrity makeup artist Joyce Bonelli, it shows the reality star stroking her neck and looking off into the distance. She added the hashtag: 'secretproject.' 
Kylie's Instagram page shows the darkened teen from a closely cropped angle and was captioned with credits of her glamour squad.
Citing her photographer, makeup artist, hair stylist and the portrait studio, Kylie wrote: '@marcelocantuphoto, @joycebonelli, @chrisdylanhair @hubblestudio.' 
A Twitter user ‏remarked, 'How is kylie jenner dumb enough to do blackface, post it on IG, with the caption "what i wish i looked like all the time."'
'How do you not see the blatant racism associated with this photo,' an Instagram fan questioned.  
Disney star Zendaya praised the photos, only to recoil after some Twitter fans challenged her reasoning.
'Eff it up,' the 18-year-old commented on the photo, adding emojii images of applauding hands. However, her artistic opinion quickly shifted after a barrage of criticism from her followers who blasted her for supporting 'blackface.'
Backtracking, she wrote: 'I didn't see it like that at fist…that's crazy. My baaaaadddd.'

View image on Twitter
@Zendaya I need you to explain why you support Kylie Jenner's decision to publicly display blackface.

The intriguing photos will likely come as a surprise to Kylie's famous family, who she revealed recently in an interview last month that her whereabouts remain a mystery to them.
‘My family always jokes that I’m always off doing my own thing and they never know where I am,’ the teen explained to Remix magazine.
'I'm about to turn 18, so I'm starting to do more of my own stuff, like acting and other stuff I'm interested in. Kendall hangs out with my family a lot, I hang out with my friends a lot.' 
'Natural' look: Kylie Jenner at her NIP+FAB tea party in London last month
'Natural' look: Kylie Jenner at her NIP+FAB tea party in London last month
 Read more:



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3026107/What-wish-looked-like-Kylie-Jenner-dons-shimmery-dark-skin-blue-eyes-fuchsia-hair-secret-photo-shoot.html#ixzz3WVlga5Dr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook