Former The Wanted star Jay McGuiness confirmed as the tenth celebrity contestant on Strictly Come Dancing
The latest Strictly Come Dancing recruit for the upcoming series has been revealed as former The Wanted singer Jay McGuiness.
The ex-boyband star - the tenth contestant on the BBC's landmark celebrity dancing programme - was confirmed to be joining the star-studded line-up on Monday.
Speaking of his new challenge, the 25-year-old gushed: 'My family are such huge Strictly fans, I know I've made them very happy by taking part - I can't wait to get started!
Scroll down for video
Next up on the dancefloor...: Jay McGuiness has been unveiled as the tenth person to join this year's Strictly Come Dancing line-up
'I love to dance but this is going to be so different from anything I have done before, I'm up for it!' he added.
The singer, who rose to fame with hit UK boyband The Wanted in 2010 - alongside Max George, Nathan Sykes, Siva Kaneswaran and Tom Parker - will be preparing his best tango and foxtrot moves ahead of the series opener in September.
Last year, the All Time Low hitmakers chose to go their separate ways, after also enjoying small screen success, appearing in their own reality series on E! entitled The Wanted Life.
They also enjoyed a great chart run, amassing ten Top 10 singles over the years.
Claim to fame: The newest Strictly recruit rose to fame in 2010 along with his The Wanted co-stars, L-R: Tom Parker, Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay and Nathan Sykes
Jay has since been under the radar, but is no doubt keen to make a huge impact on the dance floor on Strictly.
However, he isn't too sure of his chances, as he admitted on a BBC Radio 1 interview on Monday: 'In the group we were about as coordinated as a sack of frogs, so they gave up and made us stand in different positions and walk around a bit, and we struggled with that.'
And Jay - who is hoping he 'gets past halfway' in the competition - is worried about the first steps he takes on the dance floor.
He added: 'That I completely blank. I don't think I've ever seen someone just stand there for the entire duration of the song, and I really don't want to be the first.'
Jay faces tough competition, as there is thus far a vertiable mix of famous faces getting ready to hit the Strictly stage for 2015.
And his chances of taking home the Glitterball trophy are, at this early stage, slim, according to bookmakers William Hill.
'The Wanted were never known for their intricate dance routines and as a result Jay is a 10/1 shot giving him the same chance of winning as Ainsley and Anthony Ogogo,' said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly of the singer's odds.
Last week, it was revealed that Olympic boxer Anthony Ogogo had signed up for the TV talent show.
He'll be a knockout: Olympic boxer Anthony Ogogo was the ninth celebrity to be confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing
He was the ninth celebrity to be confirmed for the BBC One show and, revealed he hopes to make his mother proud as she is a huge fan of the programme.
He said: 'I've faced a lot of tough opposition in the past, but I've never faced anyone as tough as the Strictly judges before! My mum is a massive fan of the show so I will be trying my hardest to make her proud.'
The 26-year-old sportsman also took to Twitter to defend his decision to appear on the show.
In a series of posts, he wrote: 'Lots of people asking why I'm doing #Strictly this year. In my last fight I suffered a shoulder injury which required a small op 3 weeks [ago]. I am unable to box until December at the earliest, I cannot put through through my shoulder so punching for 16 weeks is impossible.
'So this amazing opportunity has presented itself whilst I'm recovering from my shoulder operation. My choices were - sulk & sit on my backside whilst rehabbing my shoulder OR whilst I'm unable to box make the most of this amazing opportunity.
'Besides, Floyd Mayweather did the US version of Strictly whilst training for his fight vs Hatton, he's gone on to be an international star! (sic)'
Defensive: The 26-year-old sportsman also took to Twitter to defend his decision to appear on the show saying he has a shoulder injury which will prevent him from boxing until December
Proud: The Olympic boxer is the ninth celebrity to be confirmed for the BBC One show and he has revealed he hopes to make his mother proud as she is a huge fan of the programme
Anthony's announcement came after international singing sensation Daniel O'Donnell issued a warning to his future dance partner after being named the eighth contestant confirmed for the show.
The 53-year-old Irish entertainer shared his enthusiasm at taking part in the BBC One competition when the news was revealed during Steve Wright In The Afternoon on BBC Radio 2 on Thursday.
Daniel, who became a household name in Ireland and the UK in 1983, certainly isn't lacking a passion for dance, though the bookies have already made him the 50/1 outsider.
Defensive: Anthony hit back when people questioned his decision to take part in the reality TV show
Bookmakers William Hill are convinced the luck of the Irish will not be on crooner's side, with a spokesperson saying they expect him to have 'as much rhythm as the Blarney Stone'.
Nevertheless, Daniel is determined to be 'the best he can be,' insisting: 'I can dance but don't ask me to be in a certain place at a certain time so this is going to be very challenging for me.
'I'll be very hard to tie down so God help whoever gets me.
'It's exciting and I think it's quite an honour to be asked because there's so many people who could be asked to do it and here I am and I'm looking forward to it.'
Passionate: On Thursday Daniel O'Donnell issued a warning to his future dance partner after being named the eighth contestant confirmed for 2015's Strictly Come Dancing
Persuaded: The Irish crooner admitted that his wife Majella persuaded him to take part this year
The country and Irish folk singer has over 10 million record sales to his name and has previously enjoyed 20 albums and 15 singles in the UK Top 40 charts.
But he confessed that he couldn't think of anything more exciting that Strictly after taking a short break from touring earlier this year and being persuaded into signing up by his wife Majella.
Daniel's competition is strong this year, with stars including young and energetic performers Peter Andre and Georgia May Foote announced among the competitors.
Jeremy Vine, Ainsley Harriott, Kellie Bright, Katie Derham and Carol Kirkwood have also been announced as celebrity contestants this year.
As a big fan of EastEnders and Coronation Street, Daniel is already looking forward to meeting the other contestants.
He added: 'I mean I never really would've met Peter Andre and Ainsley Harriott. I just think that even though you're doing what you're doing, you might never run into these people so it's nice for me to get to meet other people like that.'
Twinkle toes: Peter Andre is the latest celebrity to be confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing
Family man: Peter - who recently married Emily MacDonagh - has signed up to take part in the upcoming series of the BBC One dance contest following months of speculation
Mysterious Girl singer Peter, 42, hinted at his nerves when he became the seventh star in the line-up on Wednesday.
He said: 'To be honest I'm flattered to have been asked to take part before, but due to certain work commitments was unable to.
'I now just feel the time is right to give it a go - everything has just clicked into place to do it this year. Wish me luck please...argh!'
He on the other hand, is already the favourite with bookmakers William Hill immediately making him their 9/2 favourite to win the show followed by Georgia May Foote at 11/2 and Ainsley Harriott at 10/1.
'Peter Andre will no doubt appeal to many of the viewers, given his reality TV history and should go far,' said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly. 'We are convinced he will reach the latter stages of the show.'
Peter - who recently tied the knot with medical student Emily MacDonagh, 24, and was previously married to Katie Price - is no stranger to reality TV having appeared on 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!' as well as his own shows.
Getting into the spirit: BBC weather presenter Carol Kirkwood, 53, will be swapping the weather for the waltz as she's been announced as the sixth contestant to join Strictly Come Dancing 2015
Sophisticated: Her blonde locks were styled into an elegant chignon with her make-up looking fresh and flawless
Tuesday was the turn of 53-year-old BBC Breakfast Carol and to get into the spirit, the Scot shared a few moves with TV host - and former Strictly contestant - Bill Turnbull outside the offices of MediaCityUK in Salford, Manchester.
Carol looked a far cry from her regular early morning appearance as she stunned in a form-fitting purple dress, teamed with classic nude court shoes.
In a statement, Carol said she's looking forward to learning the ropes on the forthcoming dance contest.
Speaking on BBC Breakfast, she later confessed of her talents: 'I can't believe this at all. It's been a dream for so long that I can't believe that it is finally happening. I can't even Waltz, I'm useless!'
'Can't wait to learn to dance!': The Met Office trained weather host certainly looked like she was getting into the swing of things as she strutted her stuff with the 59-year-old, accompanied by a host of young dancers
Rival: Carol joins BBC Proms presenter Katie Derham, 45, and Coronation Street's Georgia May Foote on the 13th series of the BBC One dance contest
Although Carol is brand new to the world of Latin and ballroom, she previously appeared as part of the Newsreader's Rocky Horror Show routine for Children In Need.
EastEnders' Kellie is looking forward to seeing what she's capable of, while Coronation Street's Georgia is hoping for a contestant who will push her on the dancefloor.
British Broadcaster Jeremy was the first star to be announced, while TV chef Ainsley came second last week.
The 13th series of Strictly Come Dancing returns in September 2015.
Shining bright: Eastenders actress Kellie Bright, 39, is set to appear on Strictly when it returns next month
Potential winner? 58-year-old TV chef Ainsley Harriot is confirmed to appear on Strictly Come Dancing 2015
From radio to TV: BBC Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine was the first celebrity announced to be joining the show
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3209067/Former-Wanted-star-Jay-McGuiness-confirmed-tenth-celebrity-contestant-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html#ixzz3jkg73Pt0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook