Thursday 20 August 2015

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with beautiful Musician Riva - justcelebritymagazine

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with beautiful Musician Riva

A year and thousands of auditionees later, Riva was chosen as the winning artist to record songs written by producer Tom Misner, the co-founder and former CEO of The SAE institute and is currently in the process of recording her EP at the famous Abbey Road Studios. This unique artist is also set to be performing at the Sundown festival’s main stage, along side Boy George’s musical director John Themis.
This beautiful artist won the competition Fame Music due to her unique, powerful, soulful tone with a depth and power that touches people’s soul. Tom Misner wanted an earthy, organic singer-songwriter to be the voice if his songs, and Riva’s pop/soul style fit the bill perfectly. Her inspiration comes from artists such as Stevie Nicks, Tracy Chapman, Dusty Springfield and Amy Winehouse.  Riva studied music at the Academy of Contemporary Music.
Screen Shot 2014-08-05 at 13.49.16
 Congratulations on winning the record deal, what do you think put you ahead of all the other thousands of auditionees?
Thank you! My manager, Tom Misner had a clear vision of the type of artist he was searching for, he wanted an singer with a distinctive voice with earthy and soulful tones and I guess I was lucky enough to fit the bill.
What is it like working with Tom Misner
I really enjoy working with Tom and it’s a great honour, he is very talented musically and has a huge amount of knowledge and experience within the music industry, I couldn’t wish for a better mentor. We work very well together and we are developing a close working relationship as he’s not only my manager/producer, we perform together as well.
 What made you want to pursue a career in music?
When I was seven I received a karaoke machine for Christmas and I sang my first song In front of my family and I loved it! My grandfather who grew up in musical theatre said to my parents  “that girl can really sing!” And arranged for me to have singing lessons. So from a very early age my talent was recognised and I knew that singing was all I ever wanted to do. Growing up I couldn’t think of anything better than pursuing a career doing what I love so much.
I was lucky enough to fit the bill
What was it like performing at the Sundown festival in Norfolk, where you joined a great line up of stars including Neon Jungle, Chase and Status, Ellie Goulding and Tinie Tempah?
I have always loved going to festivals and imagined what it must be like to be on the big stage, so performing at the Sundown Festival was a dream come true! As it was my first festival I was both excited and nervous at the same time but I was so lucky to have such a talented team of people supporting me from musicians, stylists and make-up artists, producers and publicists, I couldn’t believe all these people were there to support me, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming! I enjoyed being backstage with the other artists who were all very friendly and supportive. It was a great atmosphere. From the moment I walked on stage I loved every minute of it and the crowd was so supportive, the atmosphere generated from them was amazing. Also knowing I was sharing the stage with such talented acts was both inspiring and humbling. I can’t wait to do more festivals next year, it is so much fun.
Is that the biggest performance you’ve done?
Yes it is definitely the biggest outdoor performance I’ve done so far.
Who is the number one singer/songwriter you would like to collaborate with in the future?
Ed Sheeran, I remember when he first came out and I immediately loved his style and talent, we also share in common that we both went to the same music Academy although not at the same time. Working with him would be awesome!
Performing at the Sundown Festival was a dream come true!
What music artists inspire you?
I am inspired by so many artists and I love listening to all styles of music but if I had to choose a few it would be Shakira, Beyoncé, Adele, and Ed Sheehan.
What advice would you give to youths who have a desire to get into the music industry?
First of all my advice would be practice, practice, practice!  You have to be very passionate and dedicated if it’s something you want to pursue for your career, be prepared to work very hard and don’t give up. It’s important to surround yourself with good and positive people and be prepared to take advice when given. You have to really believe in yourself and not let anything get in the way of your dreams.
What can we expect off you in the near future?
Next year is going to be very exciting as my first single will be released early in the year followed by my album that we are currently working on and recording at Abbey Road, We are currently planning more live performances, further dates and information will be available soon!
My advice would be practice, practice, practice!
You can follow this talented artist on Twitter @_Riva_Music