Tuesday 5 January 2016

MEET GENGIRL LANA CONDOR

S16_LanaCondor_ShopHerStyle_Lookbook_loww
Q – How did you get into acting?A – I’ve danced all my life, so performing for others—and myself—is second nature to me. When we lived in New York City, my parents suggested I take an acting class because I would always do little standup routines for my family at home. When I moved to California, I joined the theater program at my high school and sought out other training outside of school. The theater program at my high school introduced me to musical theater and Shakespeare, both of which I love. 
S16_LanaCondor_ShopHerStyle_Lookbook_loww3
Q – How would you describe your personal style?A – My style changes constantly, just like my taste in music. I’m currently obsessed with jumpsuits and monochrome two-piece sets! Oh, and, of course, little dresses, especially if they have pockets. The jumpsuits and two-pieces are awesome when I’m feeling a little more adult-like and want to be put together and feel bold. However, on a slower day, I love just throwing on workout clothes. I think I feel most myself when I’m in some Nikes drinking coffee. 
Q – Whose closet would you love to raid?A – Emma Roberts. She’s really, really good at pairing feminine pieces with more grungy casual pieces and making it look straight out of Nylon. Like… seriously I would go so hard in her closet. 
S16_LanaCondor_ShopHerStyle_Lookbook_loww2
Q – You play Jubilee in the upcoming X-Men movie. What’s it like playing such an iconic and recognizable character?A – It is an unbelievable honor and I feel so blessed that I get to bring to life such an iconic character. I think Jubilee is such a positive role model, not only for myself, but for others. She’s a role model for two main reasons. The first reason is she never tries to be anyone but herself. She’s the definition of a cool girl who lives her life the way she wants to. It’s so easy to be self-conscious and worry about what people think of you, and in doing so sacrifice who you are. The second reason is that Jubilee gives a voice to those who have not always had the easiest time being accepted in society. I feel so proud to be given the opportunity to bring light to that. 
Q – If you had to choose your own superpower, what would it be and why?A – Oh, for sure, teleportation. Do you even know how many trips I’d take around the world?! Imagine being able to think to yourself, “Wow, I’d really like to get some pasta…” and just teleport to the south of Italy. And of course, you know, it would just be really handy in fighting the bad guys.
S16_LanaCondor_ShopHerStyle_Lookbook_loww4
Q – Favorite trend this season?A – I am such a fan of the whole suede two-piece or suede dress look. There is something so simple, but glamorous about it! And I love how bomber jackets are in. They just piece so well with my athletic-chic everyday look. 
Q – The song you can’t get out of your head?A – “Angel” by The Weeknd. 
 Q – One thing you won’t leave the house without?A – I can’t just do one thing, so lip balm, a jacket (because I’m always cold), and earbuds. 
S16_LanaCondor_ShopHerStyle_Lookbook_loww5
Q – What’s next for you?A – To find a project that I’m excited about and that fits me as well as Jubilee! 
- See more at: http://thegenerationnation.com/meet-gengirl-lana-condor/#sthash.zHhFFspK.dpuf