Saturday 23 January 2016

The Voice UK hopeful Irene Alano-Rhodes captures judges' hearts with emotional audition... as Will.i.am and Ricky Wilson clash

'That was simply wonderful': The Voice UK hopeful Irene Alano-Rhodes captures judges' hearts with emotional audition... as Will.i.am and Ricky Wilson clash

The third round of the blind auditions on The Voice UK drew to an emotional close on Saturday evening thanks to hopeful Irene Alano-Rhodes.
Capturing the hearts of the judges and viewers, the 42-year-old performed an emotional rendition of (Hero) Wind Beneath My Wings.
The singer's stunning vocals saw her win over both Will.i.am and Ricky Wilson after she shared her story of fighting through heartbreak.
Scroll Down For Video 
'That was simply wonderful': The Voice UK hopeful Irene Alano-Rhodes captures judges' hearts with emotional audition in Saturday's episode
'That was simply wonderful': The Voice UK hopeful Irene Alano-Rhodes captures judges' hearts with emotional audition in Saturday's episode
Ahead of her performance, Irene, who is originally from the Philippines, told of how she came to London to join the musical Miss Saigon.
While featuring in the production, she met a man named Lee and they fell in love, got married and had a son.
But in 2009 just two weeks after her father passed away from lung cancer, her husband also died. 
The Voice UK Blind Auditions with Philipino Irene Alano-Rhodes
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:31
Fullscreen
Need Text
Speaking about the impact the two death had on her career she explained: 'In 2009, I lost my dad to lung cancer, then two weeks later I lost my husband. It was the most painful year of my life. 
'When Lee passed away, the first thing I said to myself was "I'm never going to sing again", because singing would mean you would have emotions, you would feel, you know when you singe you have to feel the song, and I thought, "Well I'm not going to sing ever again".'
But persevering, Irene continued: 'It was a horrible time, but I guess it also taught me a lot of things in life - strength, faith, courage, hope; there is always hope.' 
Double take: The singer's stunning vocals saw her win over both Will.i.am and Ricky Wilson
Double take: The singer's stunning vocals saw her win over both Will.i.am and Ricky Wilson


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3413814/The-Voice-UK-hopeful-Irene-Alano-Rhodes-captures-judges-hearts-emotional-audition-Ricky-Wilson-clash.html#ixzz3y6vOnuka
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook