Friday 26 February 2016

'I got boobs when I was young': Jessica Alba displays her cleavage in a plunging playsuit as she talks embracing femininity and being a 'sensual' person

'I got boobs when I was young': Jessica Alba displays her cleavage in a plunging playsuit as she talks embracing femininity and being a 'sensual' person

She's one of Hollywood's hottest actresses with a legion admirers.
But Jessica Alba has revealed she only finally came to terms with her feminine side when she entered her thirties because she was 'aggressive and super-masculine' throughout her younger years.
Posing in a plunging white playsuit on the cover of Cosmopolitan UK's April issue, the 34-year-old mother-of-two admitted not understanding the 'sensual' side to her personality held her back for a long time in her life. 
  
'Sensual person': Jessica Alba has revealed she only finally came to terms with her feminine side when she entered her thirties because she was 'aggressive and super-masculine' throughout her younger years
'Sensual person': Jessica Alba has revealed she only finally came to terms with her feminine side when she entered her thirties because she was 'aggressive and super-masculine' throughout her younger years
Jessica explained: 'Most of my life, I identified more with my masculine side. I was aggressive and super-masculine in my twenties. 
'I got boobs when I was young, and was like, "What do I do?" Even when I did Dark Angel, I was like [cartoon character] Daria – moody, slouching. I didn't feel comfortable and felt angry, like an imposter.
'I learnt to be cool with the feminine later. When I turned 30, I thought, "Oh, I’m feminine, I’m this sensual person and it's OK". 
'I didn’t understand it for so long and felt it held me back. I had to shed all the negativity. I was a glass half-empty girl – now I’m a glass half-full.'  
Cover girl: The 34-year-old mother-of-two admitted not understanding the 'sensual' side to her personality held her back for a long time in her life

Cover girl: The 34-year-old mother-of-two admitted not understanding the 'sensual' side to her personality held her back for a long time in her life

Jessica, who raises daughters Honor, seven, and Haven, four, with film producer Cash Warren, also weighed into the Hollywood gender pay gap, admitting it's a 'man's world' and 'girls should have an equal seat at the table'. 
She said: 'Women don’t get equal pay. There are not as many women in government positions or business positions. It’s just not equal. And until there is equality, you’re going to feel that, in any industry. But I was like, girls should have an equal seat at the table. 
'Take Jennifer Lawrence. I mean, she’s opening films – she’s the box-office draw just as much as any guy, if not more. She should be compensated for that.
'It’s a man’s world. From an early age I wanted to be stronger than the boys. It wasn’t enough that I was as good as the girls; I looked at the boys as standard. I was competitive with men. 
Happy family: Jessica raises daughters Honor, seven, and Haven, four, with film producer Cash Warren (pictured in Beverly Hills together last month)
Happy family: Jessica raises daughters Honor, seven, and Haven, four, with film producer Cash Warren (pictured in Beverly Hills together last month)
Read the full interview with Jessica Alba in the April issue of Cosmopolitan – on sale now
Read the full interview with Jessica Alba in the April issue of Cosmopolitan – on sale now
'I think it's because men dominated in so many ways in my life. I wanted to be the person who dictated how things were going to be and not have to answer to the man.'
Jessica has now carved out a successful niche as an entrepreneur thanks to her eco-friendly commerce organisation, The Honest Company.
Valued at at $1.7 billion as of August 2015, The Honest Company offers a collection of toxin-free household goods, diapers, and body care products.
And while the Sin City star has seen her company go from strength-to-strength since its inception back in 2012, she has explained 'no one in Hollywood' would help her with her venture.
Jessica told Cosmopolitan: 'No one would help me in Hollywood. The people I knew had no idea how to put together a business plan, execute day to day or manufacture from scratch. 
'I relied on my husband and his entrepreneurial spirit. He introduced me to my business partner, Christopher Gavigan, who built the business model on the idea. But it took a long time. 
'It’s about surrounding yourself with the right people, those who are smarter than you. You need executors, visionaries, experts, all of it.
Read the full interview with Jessica Alba in the April issue of Cosmopolitan – on sale now.  
Jessica Alba arrives to 2015 March Of Dimes December gala
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:40
Fullscreen
Need Text
Girl boss: Jessica has now carved out a successful niche as an entrepreneur thanks to her eco-friendly commerce organisation, The Honest Company
Girl boss: Jessica has now carved out a successful niche as an entrepreneur thanks to her eco-friendly commerce organisation, The Honest Company
   



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3465606/I-got-boobs-young-Jessica-Alba-displays-cleavage-plunging-playsuit-talks-embracing-femininity-sensual-person.html#ixzz41IsPdeg8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook