Thursday 18 August 2016

Poolside with Sophie Dalah - La Palme magazine

SOPHIACover

Poolside with Sophie Dalah

 
JULY 11, 2016
Stylist: Phillip Bloch Photographer: Darian Zahedi  Assistant Stylists: Jessie Muldrow and Adrell Makeup Artist: Heather Cvar Products Used: Chantecaille & Nars Cosmetics   Hairstylist: Michael Quinn using Sachajuan No. 4 The brunette beauty featured on our cover this week is film talent Sophie Dalah. Best known for her work in Angelina Jolie’s powerful film “Unbroken”, we chat... 
Stylist: Phillip Bloch
Photographer: Darian Zahedi
 Assistant Stylists: Jessie Muldrow and Adrell
Makeup Artist: Heather Cvar Products Used: Chantecaille & Nars Cosmetics  
Hairstylist: Michael Quinn using Sachajuan No. 4
SOPHIA9
The brunette beauty featured on our cover this week is film talent Sophie Dalah. Best known for her work in Angelina Jolie’s powerful film “Unbroken”, we chat with Sophie about her style, what keeps her busy and her upcoming projects.
Lapalme: How did acting come about for you? Who is your inspiration?
Sophie: Ever since I was little I loved to perform, I loved to dance and sing and that’s how I’d spend my spare time. Eventually, I discovered acting… I loved the idea of being another person, feeling and seeing things though Someone else eyes.
 Lapalme: What was it like working with Angelina Jolie in Unbroken?
Sophie: Working with Angelina was almost surreal at first. I could never have imagined the world’s most powerful and striking woman introducing herself to me as Angie. Here I am at 17 years old on my first movie set with one of my idols, an amazing experience. Working with Angie made me realize, to be successful in this industry there no sitting back, you’ve got to take charge in what you do and be proactive. She is one of the most hard working woman I’ve ever met and has truly influenced the way I live my life.
SOPHIA6
Lapalme: Describe your fashion style?
Sophie: Simple is best. My style is mostly influenced by new wave French films, and actress from the 60s like Anna Karina
SOPHIA8SOPHIA3
SOPHIA4
Lapalme: Tell us about your latest movie Satanic? What was it like filming it?
Sophie: Filming SATANIC was a lot of fun. It was so awesome to be working on my first indie film with an extremely talented cast and crew.
Lapalme: Who would you love to work with in future projects?
Sophie: I absolutely loved the film GREEN ROOM so working with Jeremy Saulnier (the director) would be a dream. 


SOPHIA7
SOPHIA2
SOPHIA5
Lapalme: What’s next for Sophie?
Sophie: I’m going to be working on a few fun projects the rest of the year and taking acting classes which is extremely important for me. I love being busy so when I’m not auditioning and filming class is where I’m at. Also, I just shot an awesome horror movie in Lake Tahoe. It’s a beautifully shot picture made by director and writer Brad Baruh. Everyone involved was extremely passionate about what they do, every detail in this film is creative and inspiring! Look out for it, it’s called APPLECART!