Friday 29 May 2015

Emmerdale's Eden Taylor-Draper: 'I'm the biggest hoarder'


Emmerdale's Eden Taylor-Draper: 'I'm the biggest hoarder'

THE EMMERDALE actress keeps going back to black but loves to brighten her look with a splash of colour.



Emmerdale, actress, Eden Taylor-Draper, fashion, beauty, secret, Sarah Smith

S MAG
Eden wears a plum, pelmet-bottom dress, which she bought for a ball
Eden, 17, has played tearaway Belle Dingle in the ITV soap Emmerdale since she was six years old. She lives with her parents, sisters and brother in Selby, North Yorkshire.
How would you describe your style?
I always keep my look casual. I tend to stay on trend but then add something of my own style, too. 
Which colours and shapes suit you best?
I really like black but I’ve recently discovered yellow. I vary my shapes, so it can be anything from tight jeans with a baggy shirt to fitted vest tops and 1950s-shaped skirts. 
Always be a bit quirky and don’t just follow a trend because you think it is cool. Give it your own take
Eden Taylor-Draper
What is your favourite fashion era? 
I like the 1950s but also the 1970s vibe, so I will try to add an element of that to an outfit. 
Who are your style icons? 
I like Kylie Jenner but I would never go with her daytime look. I prefer Sofia Richie’s, which is cool and chilled, with big boots, oversized shirts and coats. That tomboyish look appeals to me. 
Which are your favourite high-street stores?
Topshop, because they have good on-trend collections, but they also sell unique little pieces in their in-store boutiques. As Topshop is quite mainstream, I also shop on Asos, because they stock really random stuff. The fact Asos are global is really cool. 
What is your best beauty secret?
Always moisturise. All my skincare is from Lush because it is so natural, gentle and light. Their Vanishing Cream is great. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel works well on my oily T-zone.
How much do you spend on clothes each month?
It fluctuates, so sometimes I won’t buy anything, but other times, I’ll go all out. It’s not a ridiculous amount. I tend to stick to my staples and build on those. I’m not a big spender – I like my bargains.
closet

S MAG
The actress wears a favourite all-black outfit
From left:
The actress wears a favourite all-black outfit. It’s the kind of look Eden opts for if she is going out for meal or shopping with friends. The biker jacket, top and embellished trousers are all from Topshop, with a coin necklace from River Island. “I like an all-black outfit. I feel it looks cool and effortless,” she says
This leather jacket and pleated skirt are both from Topshop, with electric-blue Zara heels. “These are the favourite things in my wardrobe,” says Eden
closet
S MAG
Eden models a Topshop vest top with a flirty Ted Baker skirt
From left: Eden models a Topshop vest top with a flirty Ted Baker skirt, which she says is such a versatile addition to her wardrobe. Her statement necklace is from Zara
Eden adores these bright Topshop trousers: “I’m not a great risk taker. I will normally wear skinny jeans, and these are baggy and floral, but I justwent for it. I’ve enjoyed being a bit out there with a print.” The canary- yellow crochet top was a £3 bargain from Primark
Eden wore this BCBG Max Azria dress from Harvey Nichols to last year’s British Soap Awards.“I love the fit of this dress. The back is cut away, but tastefully done. It doesn’t show too much skin, either, which is important as I’m only 17 years old 
closet
S MAG
'This dress is very easy to wear'
Eden wears a plum, pelmet-bottom dress, which she bought for a ball, with satin heels, both from Asos. She says, “This dress is very easy to wear” 
Are you a hoarder or do you clear out your wardrobe each season?
I’m the biggest hoarder. I don’t think I’ve ever thrown anything out. I tend to go back and rediscover things, especially when I’m going on holiday. I’ll be searching through my wardrobe, then I’ll dig out a random little top, which is perfect. 
How many shoes and handbags do you own?
I’m not a handbag kind of girl. I have two staple bags, one of which is a rucksack. But I’m a massive trainer freak – I’ve about nine pairs. Because I’m only a size four, I can still buy things in kids’ sizes. But I also love a heel, especially unusual ones, which I’ve now become used to walking in. 
What is the best piece of fashion advice you have ever been given?
Always be a bit quirky and don’t just follow a trend because you think it is cool. Give it your own take. When you go into school everyone wears the same thing, which is a leather jacket and high-waisted jeans. When I left school I thought, ‘Right, I’m going to add this, this and this.’ 
How do you feel about your character Belle’s clothes? 
Belle just wears jeans and a hoodie pretty much every day, but she does have a pair of cool snakeskin Converse, which I’m a fan of. She also has a great camel-coloured trench coat from Marks & Spencer, which I’m quite jealous of. She has been through a hard time in the last year or so, so most of her clothes have been black. But there was a flash of pink in there the other day, so maybe her style might even be going to change. 
Emmerdale is on ITV from Monday to Friday at 7pm.
closet

A selection of Eden’s jewellery
From left:
The soap star likes a clutch bag that clashes with her outfit. She took this Asos graphic clutch to a ball to add a fun element. Her metallic bag is from Primark Atmosphere
A selection of Eden’s jewellery. Her pearl-detail necklace is from Topshop and the black-stone necklace is from Zara. “I tend to wear the same jewellery for day and night. I’ve found some quirky stuff in Urban Outfitters, including this chunky stone bracelet,” she says. The Olivia Burton watch was a 16th birthday gift from her Emmerdale tutor Anne, who taught Eden how to tell the time