Wednesday 3 February 2016

Zendaya talks dealing with haters as she smolders in metallic dresses for New You magazine

'I was made fun of in school': Zendaya talks dealing with haters as she smolders in metallic dresses for New You magazine 

At the age of 19, she already has an incredible career that includes the TV show Shake It Up as well as new music with Chris Brown.
But Zendaya has had her fair share of being hated on, as she tells the upcoming issue of New You.
The Disney star revealed that she was picked on in school. 'I was made fun of but it didn’t bother me very much because I was very comfortable in who I was,' she said, pointing out that it is just too tiring to fake it.
She has had her share of challenges: In an interview with New You magazine  Zendaya arevealed she was made fun of in school
She has had her share of challenges: In an interview with New You magazine Zendaya arevealed she was made fun of in school
In with the new: The singer/actress graces the cover of the latest New You in a Jean Louis Sabaji mini feathered dress
In with the new: The singer/actress graces the cover of the latest New You in a Jean Louis Sabaji mini feathered dress
'It’s so much harder and more draining and so much more exhausting to be constantly pretending to be something that you’re not,' she continued. 'It’s very freeing when you’re just like, "Yo, I’m just going to do me!" It’s so important.'
Although she admitted at the time she was hurt by Giuliana Rancic's infamous dreadlock comments - when the Fashion Police officer snarked that she 'smelled of weed' during an Oscar red carpet episode - Zendaya insisted she doesn't care what people think of her appearance. 
'You can tell that when I go out on the red that I am not trying to look like I’m dressing for the reviews the next day,' she said. 'I mean, it’s nice for people to be like, "oh, we liked your outfit; that’s cool", but that’s not why I’m going out.
'I’m going out and dressing in this because it’s awesome and I love it. I really just don’t care if somebody doesn’t like my hair or my wig or my makeup that day or what I choose to wear or put on my feet. Everyone has opinions.'
Tough: The Disney star revealed that she was picked on in school, but her self-confidence prevented it from getting the better of her
Tough: The Disney star revealed that she was picked on in school, but her self-confidence prevented it from getting the better of her
She also spoke about the recent controversy in which she forced her November cover issue of Modeliste to be pulled when she publicly called them out for retouching her photos.
'There is no such thing as ugly. That’s a word that doesn’t really enter my vocabulary. If there’s any definition to being perfect, you’re perfect at being yourself, she said. 'Whether it is through my social media or whatever, I want anyone who looks up to me to know that I go through the same problems. I have to be confident in who I am.
Without naming names in the very positivity-themed interview, the singer/actress revealed she isn't a fan of artists who use NSFW lyrics to sell their records, or those who use their platforms just for sales.
Am I bothered? Although she admitted at the time she was hurt by Giuliana Rancic's infamous dreadlock comments - when the Fashion Police officer snarked that she 'smelled of weed' during an Oscar red carpet episode - Zendaya insisted she doesn't care what people think of her appearance
Am I bothered? Although she admitted at the time she was hurt by Giuliana Rancic's infamous dreadlock comments - when the Fashion Police officer snarked that she 'smelled of weed' during an Oscar red carpet episode - Zendaya insisted she doesn't care what people think of her appearance
She praised Michael Jackson for his ability 'to make music without cursing or being profane', while insisting that when modern artists release material, 'you have to do something more than just promote your new single or your next photo shoot.'
Zendaya - full name Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman - also revealed that her only fear is 'not being perfect'. 
'That’s a constant battle that I have with myself because I hold myself to really high standards and I want to be so good,' she said. 'Sometimes I’m like "dude, you’re only 19! Relax, stop overdoing it, and just breathe for a second. You’re doing really good, you’re on a roll here, stop stressing yourself out!"
Not impressed: Zendaya, 19, took to Instagram in October to express her 'shock' over being heavily edited (left) in the new issue of Modeliste magazine, while sharing the original, natural photo (right)
Not impressed: Zendaya, 19, took to Instagram in October to express her 'shock' over being heavily edited (left) in the new issue of Modeliste magazine, while sharing the original, natural photo (right)
Not impressed: Zendaya, 19, took to Instagram in October to express her 'shock' over being heavily edited (left) in the new issue of Modeliste magazine, while sharing the original, natural photo (right)
And while she decreed one has to be 'pretty awesome' to have a wax figure Madame Tussauds - of which she has two - she insisted she will always remain grounded.
'I have parents and family who will never allow me not to be grounded,' she claimed. 'If I thought for a second that I could possibly lift off the ground, I have a thousand people who will grab my ankles.'
The star also told magazine that parents should not shield their kids from the harsh realities of the world, lest they not be prepared when they face them alone.
Making a statement: The teen star said she shared the unretouched image because she stands for 'honest and pure self love' 
'I was always very aware of the world and I was never sheltered from the negative things that were out there,' she said.
'I feel that if you shelter your kids from everything, one day they are going to be out in the world on their own and they are going to have to figure it out. You can’t give them a test if you never taught them anything that’s on the test. They’re going to fail. 
'You have to prepare people and sometimes that’s just being honest with them and letting them know things sooner,' she divulged.  




Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3430205/Zendaya-talks-dealing-haters-smolders-metallic-dresses-New-magazine.html#ixzz3z8VbUizx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook