Friday 15 April 2016

Jane The Virgin's Gina Rodriguez models plunging bathing suit as she talks coping with thyroid disorder

'You have to believe you can win': Jane The Virgin's Gina Rodriguez models plunging bathing suit as she talks coping with thyroid disorder

Gina Rodriguez graced the cover of the upcoming issue of Women's Health magazine as she continues to cope with Hashimoto's disease.
The 31-year-old channeled her inner fighter as she modeled for the publication, sinking her teeth into the laces of her gold boxing gloves while posing on a rooftop in Los Angeles.
The Jane The Virgin star looked ready to strike as she assumed a boxing stance in her tiny grey shorts and a black tank top.
Scroll down for video 
Red hot: The Jane The Virgin star Gina Rodriguez posed in a plunging one piece for Women's Health where she talked about her battle with a thyroid disorder
Red hot: The Jane The Virgin star Gina Rodriguez posed in a plunging one piece for Women's Health where she talked about her battle with a thyroid disorder
Girl power:  Rodriguez sunk her teeth into the laces of her gold boxing gloves as she modeled away
Girl power: Rodriguez sunk her teeth into the laces of her gold boxing gloves as she modeled away
The actress also put her fantastic figure on display in a plunging red bathing suit which also gave a glimpse of her cleavage. 
Gina told the magazine about recently taking up boxing while living with the thyroid condition that causes chronic fatigue and weight gain. 
'I feel like boxing is very much like acting, except you're just fighting yourself. You're not allowing yourself to be defeated, you're getting up after you've been knocked down, and you have to believe that you can win,' she said. 
Gina also described using social media as a means to spread a positive message about body empowerment.
Packing a punch: Gina grinned playfully as she assumed a boxing stance
Packing a punch: Gina grinned playfully as she assumed a boxing stance
'I'm trying to use my social media as a way to communicate that I'm flawed and that I'm okay with it...It's a very strange feeling to be okay with a little cellulite or a little extra anything. I don't look at it and feel terrified anymore, and my confidence changed because of that. I carry myself differently.' 
The actress also said her journey to fame 'hasn't been easy'.
Gina admitted there have been many 'challenges and obstacles' in her life and whilst she is enjoying international fame now, she understands every chapter must come to an end.
Rolling up her sleeves: The star looked in bliss as she wrapped up her hands
Rolling up her sleeves: The star looked in bliss as she wrapped up her hands
She said: 'I know that this journey hasn’t been easy or quick. It seems to almost get harder because my dreams get bigger and I desire more.
'The idea of staying grounded is so crazy to me because I remember what it was before those dreams came true. I remember all the challenges and obstacles and I see the new challenges and obstacles as I go along. 
'Everything comes to an end. Every chapter has an end. I'm not going to be Jane the Virgin forever. I’m going to do movies that fail; hopefully I’ll do movies that succeed."
The actress is keen to branch into theatre and play different characters but is incredibly grateful for her success so far.
Gina Rodriguez wears midnight blue gown to 2016 Golden Globes
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:41
Fullscreen
Need Text
Cover girl: Rodriguez graced the cover of the May edition of Women's Health
Cover girl: Rodriguez graced the cover of the May edition of Women's Health
She told the magazine: 'I want to do theatre, I want to play different characters and I want to transform, so I need to remember that the reason that I got there was because of hard work, was because of the fact I know that it could be taken away from me at any minute, because I know that there are millions of people that would love to be in my shoes.
'I'm not going to take that for granted. I’m definitely pushed by God's grace and there’s not a second that goes by that I don't thank everything and everyone and everything around me for it.'
Gina certainly was a winner on Thursday night as she took home the Female Star of Tomorrow Award at the CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards in Las Vegas.
Gina Rodriguez is pretty in peach at Critics' Choice Awards
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:56
Fullscreen
Need Text
She's a winner: The actress took home the Female Star Of Tomorrow Award on Thursday at CinemaCon
She's a winner: The actress took home the Female Star Of Tomorrow Award on Thursday at CinemaCon
The Golden Globe-winning actress wore an off the shoulder knee-length red dress as she accepted her award onstage at Caesars Palace.
The star earlier was one of the speakers at the Experience The Magic Of Lionsgate presentation at CinemaCon.
She stole the limelight in a white slip dress patterned with cascades of colorful flowers.
Lady in red: Gina sizzled in a red off the shoulder dress at the Big Screen Achievement Awards
Lady in red: Gina sizzled in a red off the shoulder dress at the Big Screen Achievement Awards
Gina teamed her knee-length frock with nude high-heeled pumps to give her some extra height.
She took part in the presentation as one of the stars of the upcoming film Deepwater Horizon that's being distributed by Lionsgate.
'I'm not going to say its biographical to a tee, but it's one person's account of the incident, and you're really just looking at the day of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico which happened back in 2010,' Gina told Women's Health.
Deepwater Horizon is due out in cinemas on September 30. 
'Jane the Virgin' Gina Rodriguez reveals she wants to adopt
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time1:11
Fullscreen
Need Text
Busty star: The Jane The Virgin star earlier on Thursday participated in a Lionsgate presentation at CinemaCon for her upcoming film Deepwater Horizon
Busty star: The Jane The Virgin star earlier on Thursday participated in a Lionsgate presentation at CinemaCon for her upcoming film Deepwater Horizon


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3541347/You-believe-win-Gina-Rodriguez-graces-cover-Women-s-Health-talks-coping-thyroid-disorder.html#ixzz45vlNCfWR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook