Tuesday 11 October 2016

Will Young QUITS Strictly as he cites 'personal reasons' for shock exit

I think I better leave right now: Will Young QUITS Strictly as he cites 'personal reasons' for shock exit

He was an instant fan favourite when he was first announced as part of this year's Strictly line-up.
But Will Young made the shocking announcement that he has quit the much-loved BBC series on Tuesday.
Releasing a statement, the famed 37-year-old singer revealed he is leaving the ballroom for 'personal reasons' but leaves with 'joy' in his heart.
Scroll down for video  
Quit: Will Young announced he has quit Strictly Come Dancing 
Quit: Will Young announced he has quit Strictly Come Dancing 
He said: 'To be a part of Strictly has been a long time ambition of mine. As a performer, a viewer, and a fan of the show, to dance as a contestant was an experience I always hoped for.
'I have made some great friends, and am in awe of their performances week in, week out.
Before adding: 'I have found a creative partnership with Karen that has been the most wonderful thing to experience.
'I will be eternally grateful to her for her direction, talent and guiding me through three wonderful dances that I will be able to show my grandkids in years to come.
'Unfortunately, I am leaving the show for personal reasons. I leave with joy in my heart that I have been able to take part in one of the most loved shows on British television. 
Strictly no more: The famed singer has cited 'personal reasons' for leaving the competition
Strictly no more: The famed singer has cited 'personal reasons' for leaving the competition
'I am so grateful to everyone who works on Strictly from the lighting designer to catering to the production team.' 
The star thanked everyone on the show and described them all as a 'unique family'. 
He continued: 'Strictly truly is the most unique family and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
'And finally thank you to the BBC for supporting me throughout my journey. I wish my compatriots so much luck, and although I am back to being a viewer again, I’m certainly going to "keeeep dancing"!'
Moving on: Will thanked the show for their 'support' 
Moving on: Will thanked the show for their 'support' 
The BBC also confirmed Will's departure on their official Twitter page this evening, tagging the star in the tweet which read: 'Sadly due to personal reasons @willyoung is leaving #Strictly'.
BBC's statement continued: 'Due to personal reasons, Will Young has decided to withdraw from Strictly Come Dancing. 
'The show fully respects his decision and wishes him all the best for the future.'
Despite Will's shock departure, the Saturday night stalwart has confirmed their will still be an elimination this weekend.
Confirmed: BBC's Strictly have also shared the shock news on their official Twitter
Confirmed: BBC's Strictly have also shared the shock news on their official Twitter
A spokesperson for the show told the MailOnline: 'Yes there will be an elimination at the weekend. The show will continue as normal.' 
Will's pro partner Karen Clifton meanwhile tweeted after Will confirmed his departure, writing: 'I'm so sad that Will has decided to quit the show and I know it wasn't an easy decision for him.'
'It was great dancing with him, he was such fun to work with and I wish him all the very best for the future.'
Will's brief stint on Strictly has been drama plagued following his need for a medic in Week Two after he pulled a muscle in his leg during an energetic dance.
After his Fifties inspired routine he hobbled over to host Tess Daly and explained that he was injured yet awaited the judges' comments all the same.
On Saturday he performed a Bollywood-inspired Salsa to Jai Ho as part of Movie Week, inspired by the film Slumdog Millionaire, which landed him fourth on the coveted leaderboard with 31 points.
Candid: Will shared a candid snap on his Instagram earlier today before the announcement was made
Candid: Will shared a candid snap on his Instagram earlier today before the announcement was made


Will Young Jives to 'Rock Around The Clock' on Strictly

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:24
Fullscreen
Need Text
He hit headlines following Saturday night's dance when he hit out at Len Goodman's critique over his routine which he said lacked traditional moves - and Will disagreed, pointing out it had plenty.
He said: 'For me, not enough Salsa. I loved the dance it was entertaining it was fun... but it's a Salsa, and I would have liked more', while Will hit back: 'There are 24 counts of Salsa in the routine.'
Raising his eyebrows, Len replied: 'Well I must say, most of them I didn't recognise.'
Will originally shot to fame after beating Gareth Gates to the Pop Idol crown in 2002. He bravely stood up to Simon Cowell after the music mogul called one of his performances 'distinctly average'.
Bidding farewell: Will's brief stint on Strictly has been drama plagued following his need for a medic in Week Two after he pulled a muscle in his leg during an energetic dance
Bidding farewell: Will's brief stint on Strictly has been drama plagued following his need for a medic in Week Two after he pulled a muscle in his leg during an energetic dance
The then aspiring singer hit back: 'All of us have been dying to say things to you – I've written about ten things to say to you. I think it's nice that you have given opinions on this show.
'I think in previous shows you haven't, you've just projected insults and it has been terrible to watch. I think, this show, I think you have been better, and I think you have given opinions and you've backed up your opinions.'
'It is your opinion. I don't agree with it. I don't think it was average. I don't think you could ever call that average. But it is your opinion and I respect that.'  
Shock: On Saturday he performed a Bollywood-inspired Salsa to Jai Ho as part of Movie Week, inspired by the film Slumdog Millionaire, where it landed him fourth on the coveted leader board
Shock: On Saturday he performed a Bollywood-inspired Salsa to Jai Ho as part of Movie Week, inspired by the film Slumdog Millionaire, where it landed him fourth on the coveted leader board


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3833092/Strictly-no-Young-QUITS-BBC-cites-personal-reasons-shock-exit.html#ixzz4Mo4A9pUo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook