Wednesday 9 May 2012

19-year-old singer Sam Kelly wins the public's votes and hearts on Britain's Got Talent


Crooned his way to the final! 19-year-old singer Sam Kelly wins the public's votes and hearts on Britain's Got Talent 


He was Simon Cowell's clear favourite and it seems that the Syco mogul has a very accurate idea of what the female voting contingent like to see on their screens.
Singer Sam Kelly crooned his way to the Britain's Got Talent final tonight, securing first place from the acts on tonight's show after the public vote.
He will be joined on Saturday's live final by Dance troupe Nu Sxool, who were voted in by the judges over nine-year-old singer Malaki Paul.
Scroll down for video...
Couldn't believe his luck: Singer and guitarist Sam Kelly won the public vote on tonight's Britain's Got Talent semi-final
Couldn't believe his luck: Singer and guitarist Sam Kelly won the public vote on tonight's Britain's Got Talent semi-final
Couldn't believe his luck: Singer and guitarist Sam Kelly won the public vote on tonight's Britain's Got Talent semi-final
Won their hearts: Crooner Sam Kelly, 19, who sang Iris by Goo Goo Dolls, accompanying himself on the guitar, was a sure bet
Won their hearts: Sam, who sang Iris by Goo Goo Dolls, accompanying himself on the guitar, was a sure bet
Sam took command of the audience as he sang Iris by Goo Goo Dolls, accompanying himself on the guitar. 
David enthused: 'It's really interesting judging. Some acts have fireworks, but they have nowhere near as much impact as you standing on the stage alone with a guitar.'
'I think you're the one to watch tonight.'
Alesha continued: 'There's a lovely sensitivity to what you did. Girls are going to love you, I loved you.'
Close-run thing: It was between dance group Nu Sxool and nine-year-old Malaki Paul for the second spot in the final- which Nu Sxool snapped up after the judge's vote
Close-run thing: It was between dance group Nu Sxool and nine-year-old Malaki Paul for the second spot in the final- which Nu Sxool snapped up after the judge's vote
Distinct talent: Simon said that he heard something new in Sam's voice tonight
Distinct talent: Simon said that he heard something new in Sam's voice tonight
Amanda said: 'You have the most soulful quality to your voice. That's the second time you've done something beautiful, but I'd like to hear you do something rockier because I think you've got it in you.'
Simon added: 'I completely disagree with Amanda, this is exactly what you should be doing.' 
'What I really liked about tonight is I heard something distinct in your voice I didn't hear the first time round. You sound like a recording artist. Perfect song choice.
Hot favourites: All were impressed by Kid dance troupe Nu Sxool, performing to a mash up of pop including Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson
Hot favourites: All were impressed by Kid dance troupe Nu Sxool, performing to a mash up of pop including Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson
Kid dance troupe Nu Sxool were next, performing to a mash up of pop including Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson. 
David started: 'You are not just the youngest dance group on this show, in my opinion you are the best dance group. What you can do is absolutely mind-blowing! You really deservet to go through
Alesha was also enthusiastic, saying: 'I love the outfits, the music choices, but I have to be honest we've seen some big dance acts go out, I really hope people vote.'
Thrilled: One dancer was delighted when the group were told they were better than Twist and Pulse
Thrilled: One dancer was delighted when the group were told they were better than Twist and Pulse
The dance group to beat: Despite their youth Nu Sxool managed what even impressive Twist and Pulse Company didn't
The dance group to beat: Despite their youth Nu Sxool managed what even impressive Twist and Pulse Company didn't
Amanda continued: 'You were so fierce. I must admit I was disappointed that Twist and Pulse didn't go through, but I think you are better.'
And Simon added: 'You were better tonight, without question, best act we've seen tonight so far.'
Ant joked: No more comments before bed!
Cheeky Latina! Hairdresser Chica Latina was the first to perform, and gave a sexy rendition of Jennifer Lopez's hit On the Floor
Cheeky Latina! Hairdresser Chica Latina was the first to perform, and gave a sexy rendition of Jennifer Lopez's hit On the Floor
Hairdresser Chica Latina was the first to perform, and gave a sexy rendition of Jennifer Lopez's hit On the Floor.
Laughing, David opened: 'What an incredible start to the show, like being in a Brazilian carnival! You ooze sex! Fantastic start, I hope you do well.'
'You've definitely polished up your act, and I think Simon should sign you to Syco no matter what,' said Alesha.
Working her audience: Chica maintained eye-contact with Simon throughout
Working her audience: Chica maintained eye-contact with Simon throughout
Amanda continued: 'Can Simon come to you to get his ends chopped off? I love your outfit, more sophisticated than the first time round.'
Simon finished: 'There is a wildcard spot, so there is a chance I will give you one. You're very very naughty, aren't you. It was an improvement on the first performance.'
Next up were Peter and Jonas, aka magic act Brynolf and Ljung.
Rare pleasure: Peter and Jonas, aka magic act Brynolf and Ljung, were deemed the most successful magic act ever on BGT
Rare pleasure: Peter and Jonas, aka magic act Brynolf and Ljung, were deemed the most successful magic act ever on BGT
The pair started their act by asking Alesha to choose a DVD from their bag to base their act on. Alesha chose Harry Potter, and the twosome immediately launched into several complicated wizard-themed tricks.
David kicked off the commentary, saying: 'None of us have a clue how you did that. I don't normally like magic but I loved you two.'
Alesha added: 'That was amazing, from start to finish that was much more interesting and shockingly good.' 
Apt: The magical pair gave a Harry Potter-themed show
Apt: The magical pair gave an apparently spontaneous Harry Potter-themed show
Shockingly good: None of the judges had any idea how the pair pulled off their tricks
Shockingly good: None of the judges had any idea how the pair pulled off their tricks
Amanda continued: 'I have no idea how you did that, but I'm going to leave it to Voldemort to wrap this up...'
And Simon said: 'I love magical acts... I have no idea how you did that. I have to applaud you, that was absolutely amazing.'
Next up was nine-year-old Malaki Paul, whose emotional first audition made a tremendous impact on the audience and panel.
Got soul: Nine-year-old Malaki Paul, whose emotional first audition made a tremendous impact on the audience and panel, performed Noone by Alicia Keys
Got soul: Nine-year-old Malaki Paul, whose emotional first audition made a tremendous impact on the audience and panel, performed Noone by Alicia Keys
Malaki promised before performing: 'When I get on stage today I'm going to be the bravest I've ever been.'
He sang Alicia Keys Noone, after which David gushed: 'That is the greatest comeback of all time. Three weeks ago the nation saw you cry, and you just rocked the joint.'
Alesha continued: 'We all fell in love with you at the first audition. You sing as if you live a thousand lives. Such maturity- little shaky but such a raw talent.'
Grown in confidence: Malaki certainly looked more comfortable on stage than he had the first time around
Grown in confidence: Malaki certainly looked more comfortable on stage than he had the first time around
Amanda added: 'Huge improvement, quite  a few pitching issues. But you should be proud of yourself.'
A smiling Simon finished: 'Were you blowing a kiss at Alesha? You've become very confident. If you can do what you've done tonight you're going to be very successful going forward.'
Latvian comedian Gatis Kandis took to the stage next with his unique brand of awkward 'un-funny' humour. 
Young charmer: Malaki blew Alesha a kiss at the end of his performance
Young charmer: Malaki blew Alesha a kiss at the end of his performance
David started the commentary enthusiastically: 'I know you've been writing Ant and Dec's material for a long time. For me, you are the funniest Latvian comedian in the world.'
Alesha continued: 'It's true, you are the funniest unfunny person in the world. You are hysterical! I love you!' 
'I can't think of anything to say, except it was funny, in a really bizarre way,' said Amanda.
Made them giggle: Latvian comedian Gatis Kandis took to the stage next with his unique brand of awkward 'un-funny' humour
Made them giggle: Latvian comedian Gatis Kandis took to the stage next with his unique brand of awkward 'un-funny' humour
Simon finished: 'It's so terrible it's fantastic. Your jokes are like something you get out of a Latvian cracker. You really made me laugh, and I like you as well.'
Dancing couple The Sugar Dandies were up next, showing off their ballroom moves in matching baby blue suits. 
David gushed: 'You actually remind me a lot of me and my Simon when we first met. So much joy and chemistry between the two of you. My favourite act of the night, it was pure joy.'
Tickled pink: Even Simon couldn't resist the off-piste comedy
Tickled pink: Even Simon couldn't resist the off-piste comedy
A slightly more restrained Alesha added: Clearly you love each other, and you are great dancers. I don't know if you can win the final, but I love you two.
Amanda added: 'I agree completely with David. I am a gay man in a straight woman's body. I really appreciate the massive bravery which brought this to the public, and I really hope people pick up their phones and vote for you.' 
Simon finished: 'I like you two, but if I were flicking through the channels and I saw you two, I'd carry on flicking. It wasn't great.'
Feel the love: Dancing couple The Sugar Dandies were up next, showing off their ballroom moves in matching baby blue suits
Feel the love: Dancing couple The Sugar Dandies were up next, showing off their ballroom moves in matching baby blue suits

A lot to be proud of: The Sugar Dandies chatted about the public support they have received
A lot to be proud of: The Sugar Dandies chatted about the public support they have received
Buresque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon followed, performing to Fever.
David started off the critique saying: 'When I first saw you, I must say I didn't get it, I thought it was like stripping without the really good bit at the end. Tonight I saw the artistry in what you do.'
Alesha continued: 'When I first saw you I wanted to see more, but you are a class act, and I like the way you present yourself. But there I was bored, I wanted to be wowed.'
Steamy: Buresque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon followed, performing to Fever
Steamy: Buresque dancer Beatrix Von Bourbon followed, performing to Fever
Agreeing, Amanda said: 'I wanted to see more of you, so I was a little disappointed.'
Simon finished: 'This is so uncomfortable, but you've put a smile on little Dec's face. I don't know much about this area, but I thought that was good. I don't think you'll make it to the final though.'
Should have taken it further? Amanda said 'I wanted to see more of you, so I was a little disappointed
Should have taken it further? Amanda said 'I wanted to see more of you, so I was a little disappointed
Girl group Be Minor, aged 13-15, sang a mash-up of Shirly Ellis The Clapping Song, and These Boots Are Made For Walking.
Simon said: 'How old are you girls? 13 and 15? For you age, incredible. The songs were a little bit old-fashioned, but I see great potential. I really hope to see you in the final on Saturday. '
Amanda commented: 'I thought the two songs were cute. I think you did a great job tonight, but the rest need to catch up a bit.'
Girl group Be Minor, aged 13-15, sang a mash-up of Shirly Ellis The Clapping Song, and These Boots Are Made For Walking.
Female One Direction? Girl group Be Minor, aged 13-15, sang a mash-up of Shirly Ellis The Clapping Song, and These Boots Are Made For Walking.
Alesha said: 'I didn't like the song at all, but I love you, the vocals were fantastic. I like you as a group.'
David said: 'That was a brilliant performance, you have the potential to be the female one Direction, vocals were fantastic, I wouldn't be surprised if my Simon got you to sign a record contract tonight.'
Mixed response: While the judges were all impressed by the group's vocals, not all approved of the song choice
Mixed response: While the judges were all impressed by the group's vocals, not all approved of the song choice



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2142043/Britains-Got-Talent-2012--Sam-Kelly-wins-publics-vote.html#ixzz1uQ7EnUuG