Tuesday 3 July 2012

Why Kate Beckinsale won't be going down the Hollywood surgery route


'I prefer to age normally instead of a wind- tunnel face': Why Kate Beckinsale won't be going down the Hollywood surgery route


With her long brunette locks and stunning good looks, Kate Beckinsale is the English rose of Hollywood.
But as she approaches her 39th birthday this month, The Aviator star insists she won't be turning to surgery to reverse the ageing process any time soon.
As she poses for a new magazine shoot, the mother-of-one admits she hopes to age gracefully like her mother Judy Loe, 65.
Natural beauty: Kate Beckinsale talks about ageing as she approaches her 39th birthday this month in the new issue of Glamour UK magazine
Natural beauty: Kate Beckinsale talks about ageing as she approaches her 39th birthday this month in the new issue of Glamour UK magazine
Having lived in Hollywood for nearly 10 years, Kate is frequently surrounded by surgically-enhanced men and women, which she admits has put her off.
The full interview is in the August issue of Glamour magazine, on sale now
The full interview is in the August issue of Glamour magazine, on sale now
She tells the August issue of Glamour magazine: 'I feel like beauty is a gift that you have for a while, and you enjoy the hell out of it while you have it.
'And if you’re lucky enough to have a daughter and you give it to her, you enjoy the fact she has it. My mother was always very, very beautiful – she still is, in her sixties.

    'I’m sure she feels, "Wouldn’t it be nice if my neck did this?" but not to the degree of cutting parts of herself odd and dragging them behind her ears. I feel very similar.
    'I much prefer how my mother looks to the people I see here [in Los Angeles] with wind-tunnel face.'
    She also hit out at the pressure on new mothers to lose weight after giving birth, insisting she was 'gigantic' after she gave birth to her daughter Lily in 1999.
    Kate tells the UK issue of the magazine: 'There’s an obsessional hatred of normal human processes. Pregnancy changes and woman’s body and should. It isn’t normal to not look like you’ve had a baby immediately after you’ve had a baby.
    'I was gigantic after I had Lily – I put on a good 3 ½ stone, and it didn’t go ‘til I stopped breast feeding... I was lucky that Britain wasn’t so paparazzi-orientated [then].
    'I was allowed to get on with it and enjoy my baby – and figure out what being a mother was all about instead of worrying about [fitting into] my f**king jeans.'
    The full interview is in the August issue of Glamour magazine, on sale now.
    Good genes: Kate hopes to follow her mother's example and age gracefully, unlike many of her Hollywood contemporaries
    Good genes: Kate hopes to follow her mother's example and age gracefully, unlike many of her Hollywood contemporaries


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2167902/Why-Kate-Beckinsale-wont-going-Hollywood-surgery-route.html#ixzz1zXyA51jI