Monday 16 July 2012

Blonde bombshell Kate Upton refuses to starve to fit in with the fashion industry


'I want to enjoy life and I can’t enjoying it if I’m not eating and miserable.' Blonde bombshell Kate Upton refuses to starve to fit in with the fashion industry that labelled her fat


She has been called fat, vulgar and lardy.
Victoria’s Secret slammed her as an ‘obvious' glamour girl.
But 20-year-old model Kate Upton is defying the critics and the size-obsessed fashion industry and carving a multi-million pound career from spilling out of bikinis.

Scroll down for video

Beach bunny: Blonde Kate makes waves at a New York Fashion Week swimwear show
Beach bunny: Blonde Kate makes waves at a New York Fashion Week swimwear show
A not so blushing bride: Kate struts the 34-25-35 statistics that are making waves in the fashion industry
A not so blushing bride: Kate struts the 34-25-35 statistics that are making waves in the fashion industry
The 'self-made' supermodel who used social networking to create a buzz around herself without the help of the typical model agencies isn't about to lose those curves to conform to anyone's idea of what she should look like.
‘It was hard when I was first in the industry and people were like: “No, you are fat.” she says.
‘But my body is something that you have to work out and eat healthily for. 
    ‘I’m not doing drugs or not eating. I want to enjoy life and I can’t be enjoying life if I’m not eating and miserable.
    'Young models – these agents are horrible to them they treat them so badly. I went to Australia and my agent there said don’t call me if you need anything, just show up on these castings.
    'Some models don’t say anything [about being sleazed] on but I’m very verbal I always said something.”
    In a scathing interview earlier this year Victoria’s Secret uber booker Sophia Neophitou told the New York Times she would never book Kate as a model: “She is too obvious. She’s like a page 3 girl.' she said
    'She’s like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and the kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.'
    But it’s exactly that ‘too-blond’ hair and rather obvious sex appeal that is now landing the buxom blonde deal after lucrative deal and making her America’s favourite new pin-up.
    Curvy Kate shot to fame as ‘Rookie of the Year’ in a painted on bikini in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue last year. 
    Now she’s a regular cover star for glossy men’s magazines, the newest Guess girl following in the footsteps of Anna Beatriz Barros, Victoria Silvstedt and Claudia Schiffer and her infamous Cat Daddy youtube dance has received over 8 million hits. 
    Cat woman: Photographer Terry Richardson directed model Kate in the Cat Daddy video that has received over 8 million hits
    Cat woman: Photographer Terry Richardson directed model Kate in the Cat Daddy video that has received over 8 million hits
    Crucially, she has already made the leap from vamp to Vogue star being profiled in the notoriously body-fascist magazine’s July issue wearing a whole lot more than a string bikini.
    Talking about the shoot she said:
    'I enjoy fashion so much but I don't think people realise it because I'm always in a bikini.'
    Clearly though it IS the 34-25-35 bikini body that is going to be her ticket to supermodel riches.
    And the buxom blonde offers some frank styling advice to Style readers in her interview this weekend.
    “Honestly to be very open about it, I feel like my boobs can be too much if I’m wearing a bra.
    ‘Sometimes I want them to be a little more downplayed so braless is better.’




    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2174281/Kate-Upton-refuses-starve-fit-fashion-industry-labelled-fat.html#ixzz20oALonlp