GOLD

How they did it: Team GB clinch gold in the men's team sprint at the velodrome, setting a new world record of 42.600 seconds in the process.
What they said: "I've dug deeper than I've ever dug before. And I knew the importance of what it was. I didn't want to let the boys down -- they've been riding so well today. And it's just immense pride to be able to do it here in the UK, in front of this crowd who have been phenomenal." Sir Chris Hoy
"It is unbelievable, I can't believe we are Olympic champs. Dream come true." Phillip Hindes
"We just kept everything really tight and just went through the motions. It was incredible. I cannot believe how quick we have gone round today."Jason Kenny
Interesting fact: Sir Chris Hoy now has five Olympic golds to his name, equalling the achievements of Sir Steve Redgrave.
Peter Wilson celebrates gold
Peter Wilson celebrates gold
How he did it: The Dorset man finished two shots clear of Sweden's Hakan Dahlby. Russia's Vasily Mosin was third.
What he said: "I knew, come the competition, I would raise my game. That's what I'm here for and there's no bigger one than the Olympic Games in London so I really hoped everything would come together on the day.
"But those hours of training for years and years really came together today and that helped me through until the end."
Interesting fact: Peter Wilson is the world record holder in shooting's double trap. He scored 198 out of 200 at a World Cup event in Arizona in March, surpassing the previous record of 196 set in 2009.
Tim Baillie and Etienne Stott
Tim Baillie and Etienne Stott
"Great Britain have never before won an Olympic gold in this event before. I am almost speechless. Two medals. We always knew with two boats in this final that the odds were good. But the odds have proven to be very, very good."
How they did it: The Britons, who are ranked sixth in the world, produced an error-free run to take a shock win and claim Britain's first ever canoe slalom gold at the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
What they said: "It could have been a disaster and now it's a dream. We did feel the pressure but for me I thought we needed something to go right today. There is nothing taken for granted in this sport and getting to the final was amazing." Etienne Stott
"To win is mad. The run we had, I was hoping it might be good enough for a medal but I didn't expect that." Tim Baillie
Interesting fact: Etienne Stott was named Bedford Sports Personality of the Year in 2008.