Sunday 2 December 2012

Daily Mail EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Katherine Jenkins talks about her shape, her strict singing diet and David Beckham


EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'I'm not happy being that thin': Katherine Jenkins talks about her shape, her strict singing diet and tackling the false rumours about David Beckham 


In an exclusive interview with MailOnline the Welsh beauty describes how she didn’t like the feeling of being so slender and losing her curves, the highs of 2012, her hopes for the future and speaking out against the false rumours about David Beckham on Twitter. 
I’m waiting patiently in one of the vast sitting rooms of the largest penthouse in Europe at the Grosvenor apartments, when Katherine teeters in.
Wearing a little black dress by Zara and a pair of killer heels she greets me warmly before taking her seat and complementing me on my footwear. Katherine is a self-confessed shoe-a-holic.  She tells me her favourite designers include Mary Katrantzou, Herve Leger and Victoria Beckham but she mixes high end clothing with high street, citing Zara, Reiss and Topshop among her favourites.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO...
Finding a happy medium: Katherine Jenkins, seen at the St James Christmas light switch on, says she is starting to get her curves back after losing weight earlier in the year on Dancing With The Stars
Finding a happy medium: Katherine Jenkins, seen at the St James Christmas light switch on, says she is starting to get her curves back after losing weight earlier in the year on Dancing With The Stars
Speaking about her style she says she opts for: ‘Something smart but a fabulous heel’.
She’s perfectly preened with impeccable make-up and her blonde hair has been teased into loose curls. 
The 32-year-old star is slim, but she certainly doesn’t look emaciated or too tiny for her height and Katherine says she is on her way to getting back to the shape she likes best.
She says: ‘When I did Dancing with the stars I did lose an awful lot of weight and I think at the time everybody was sort of alarmed by it.’
Katherine explains her weight loss was down to gruelling 18 hour training sessions in the lead up to the final of the show.
She explains: ‘You can eat anything and it is still dropping off you when you are doing that amount of exercise.’
Too thin: Katherine says she didn't like being so thin, seen here in May 2012. The singer says she lives women who have curves
Too thin: Katherine says she didn't like being so thin, seen here in May 2012. The singer says she lives women who have curves
Working hard: The 32-year-old singer was training for up to 18 hours a day when she was on Dancing With The Stars earlier this year
Working hard: The 32-year-old singer was training for up to 18 hours a day when she was on Dancing With The Stars earlier this year
Her hard work paid off, Katherine and partner Marc Ballas came runners up to Derek Hough and Maria Menounos and the singer is still in close contact with the male dancers who she calls ‘friends for life’.
Katherine admits she wasn’t comfortable with her shape after finishing her stint on the show.
‘I’m not happy being that thin, I personally think it is nice when women are like real women and are curvy and feel feminine,’ she explains.
‘I feel I’m a little bit back more in my direction of my real weight.’
‘I’m happy with where I am right now.’
Chic and stylish: Katherine cites Mary Katrantzou, Herve Leger and Victoria Beckham among her favourite designers. Seen in 2009 in a dress by the Spice Girl
Chic and stylish: Katherine cites Mary Katrantzou, Herve Leger and Victoria Beckham among her favourite designers. Seen in 2009 in a dress by the Spice Girl
While Katherine reveals she has been trying to regain some of her curves since leaving the show, the experience left her bitten by the fitness bug and she is now is currently training for the London marathon.
Katherine labels herself ‘a big foodie’ and says she has a ‘big appetite’ but credits her trim physique to a healthy diet and treating herself in moderation. 
There are a lot of things she abstains from eating, meat is out and so is dairy and alcohol when she is singing.
Her vices include bread with oil and balsamic and pizza but admits she only eats these in moderation.
Katherine hasn’t also been so conscientious. In an interview in 2008 the former Royal Academy of Music scholar admitted to experimenting with cocaine and ecstasy. She says the reports were ‘exaggerated’ and adds: ‘I was young and that is so far away from how I live my life now.’
As well as appearing on Dancing With The Stars, Katherine cites being part of the Jubilee and being involved with the Olympics as the her highlights of 2012. 
Red hot: The singer cites 2012 as one of the best years of her life and she says she has 'laughed a lot'
Red hot: The singer cites 2012 as one of the best years of her life and she says she has 'laughed a lot'
Of course there have been lows too. At the start of the year the mezzo soprano was recovering from heartbreak after splitting from Gethin Jones. She remembers: ‘I was in a sad place.’
More recently Katherine has been faced with false rumours about an affair with David Beckham and after receiving abuse on Twitter she decided to put the record straight. 
In late August she tweeted: ‘Dear Twitter friends I’ve read some horrible rumours on here & want u 2 know I absolutely deny I’ve had an affair with David Beckham. The rumours are very hurtful, untrue & my lawyers tell me actionable. I’ve only met David twice: once at the Military Awards in 2010 & on a night out in the West End in Feb 2012. We were out in a group of friends & it was just a normal fun evening out. Just so we are clear I have never been on my own with him and never arranged to meet up.’
When I broach her about the subject Katherine’s gaze doesn’t falter, but it’s clear that she is getting bored with going over the same ground.
No regrets: Katherine posted messages on Twitter to slam the false rumours that she had an affair with David Beckham. Although she got stick for doing so she has said she would do it again
No regrets: Katherine posted messages on Twitter to slam the false rumours that she had an affair with David Beckham. Although she got stick for doing so she has said she would do it again
She says: ‘I feel like I have talked actually quite a lot about the whole Twitter David Beckham thing and I haven’t got anything new or more to say other than I was put in a position I wish I had never been put in.
‘It was on a massive scale despite what people think.’
Katherine admits that she was criticised for speaking out to deny the rumours but asserts that she would do it again, if put in the same position.
Favourite venues: The star, seen here performing with Placido Domingo at the Royal Variety Performance will be returning to the Royal Albert Hall in December
Favourite venues: The star, seen here performing with Placido Domingo at the Royal Variety Performance will be returning to the Royal Albert Hall in December
While her view of Twitter has been ‘tainted’ following her recent experiences she is still active on the social networking site.
She tells me: ‘I think it would be a shame to stop it, to stop the good parts because of a couple of negative things.’
Despite the negatives Katherine says this year has been one of her ‘favourite years’ and she has ‘laughed a lot’.
To finish off 2012 she is touring around the UK and says she cannot wait to sing at the Royal Albert Hall because it is one of her favourite venues. On top of that she has a new album and hints that her next collaboration may be something a little different, perhaps a duet with someone outside of the world of classical music.
When I ask if she hopes to find love in 2013 she says: ‘I think next year I will be in a better place to consider that. I want to have kids I want to get married. That is still very important to me.’
Katherine’s new album ‘This Is Christmas’ is on sale now. For concert dates, visit katherinejenkins.co.uk. ‘Steppin’ Out with Katherine Jenkins’ is on ITV1, 9pm, December 2.




Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2241108/Katherine-Jenkins-talks-shape-strict-singing-diet-tackling-false-rumours-David-Beckham.html#ixzz2Doq0o2F1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook