Tuesday 11 December 2012

Golden girl Victoria Pendleton opens up on post-cycling life


'I would like a family one day... I've started feeling broody': Golden girl Victoria Pendleton opens up on post-cycling life


She bowed out of her career as an Olympic medal-winning cyclist this summer following a gold and silver medal at the London 2012 Games. 
And Victoria Pendleton has now opened up on life after retiring from sport earlier this year, admitting she is now focusing on starting a family with her former trainer fiance, Scott Gardner. 
The 32-year-old cyclist explained she has started feeling 'more broody' in recent months, and is looking forward to becoming a mother once her and Scott tie the knot next year. 
Scroll down for video
Golden girl: Victoria Pendleton admitted she has been feeling 'more broody' in recent months, and is looking forward to starting a family of her own
Golden girl: Victoria Pendleton admitted she has been feeling 'more broody' in recent months, and is looking forward to starting a family of her own
She told LOOK magazine: 'My priority now is my family and Scott. I would like a family one day and I’ve started feeling more broody recently, but I have a lot to do first.'
    The Strictly Come Dancing star explained she is looking forward to getting married in 2013, and has already found a designer who will be creating a bespoke gown for her. 
    When asked what she is looking forward to now her sporting career has taken a backseat, Victoria said: 'Getting married! I found my dress in September. I met a designer – but I can’t tell you who – and found just what I wanted. 
    Moving on: The 32-year-old Olympic gold medallist admitted retiring from cycling earlier this year will take 'a lot of getting used to'
    Moving on: The 32-year-old Olympic gold medallist admitted retiring from cycling earlier this year will take 'a lot of getting used to'
    'It’ll be made to measure next year as I lost 11lb doing Strictly. I can’t wait to get in the gym and get toned!'
    Although she admitted retiring will certainly take 'a lot of getting used to', the Olympic champion explained achieving her goals at London 2012 was one of the highlights of her career.
    She added to LOOK: 'Halfway through 2012, I stopped doing the one thing I’ve done my whole life – cycling. Retiring will take a lot of getting used to, but I need to move on.
    'Reaching my Olympic goals mattered to me so much. I could barely believe it when I won gold, I was so happy after working so hard for it.'
    Loved-up: Victoria and her former coach, Scott Gardner, will tie the knot next year
    Loved-up: Victoria and her former coach, Scott Gardner, will tie the knot next year
    Champion: The sports star explained achieving her goals at the London 2012 Olympic Games was one of the highlights of her career
    Champion: The sports star explained achieving her goals at the London 2012 Olympic Games was one of the highlights of her career
    Read the full interview with Victoria Pendleton in this week's LOOK magazine, out now
    Read the full interview with Victoria Pendleton in this week's LOOK magazine, out now
    And the sportswoman explained meeting Prince William, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cambridge, as well as pop princess Kylie Minogue, has been one of the highlights of her year.
    Victoria said: 'When I met Harry, Wills and Kate. I was with Jess [Ennis] in the Olympic village. It was amazing that they knew who we were! Kate is so beautiful. I would love to have a blow-dry like that! 
    'Also, at a party recently, Kylie held my medals while I went on stage. That was odd!'
    The brunette beauty, who sizzled in a gold-themed fashion shoot for the magazine, also opened up about her time on Strictly Come Dancing alongside professional partner Brendan Cole, admitting she never envisaged she would be winning the competition. 
    Victoria explained: 'The outcome was never that important to me, but it was fun to do something totally new. I got partnered with the best dancer on the show [Brendan] and every week was a bonus – I never expected to be lifting that glitter ball!'
    Read the full interview with Victoria Pendleton in this week's LOOK magazine, out now.



    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2246259/Victoria-Pendleton-says-feeling-broody-like-children-fiancee-Scott.html#ixzz2ElvFndp5
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook