Tuesday 14 May 2013

Jenna-Louise Coleman reveals she doesn't do dating because she is far too 'shy'


'I've never been on a date in my life': Jenna-Louise Coleman reveals she doesn't do dating because she is far too 'shy'


She's got the Time Lord wrapped round her finger in Doctor Who, but when it comes to dating, the real Jenna-Louise Coleman is far less confident.
The actress, admitted she finds being alone with another person scary, and that's why she's 'never been on a date'.
In a recent interview with Radio Times, Jenna-Louise, 27, said: I’d never been on a date in my life ever because the idea of just being sat with one person...'
Bashful: Jenna-Louise Coleman admits she has never been on a date as she is far too shy
Bashful: Jenna-Louise Coleman admits she has never been on a date as she is far too shy
Coleman puts her shyness down to her time as a 14-year old school kid, where she went from a class of just eight pupils to a bustling private school nearby.
She told the Radio Times: 'I think it was going from eight people in a tiny, tiny school to being surrounded by loads of people. I shrank away, surrounded myself with quite loud friends. 
'I’ve got a lot better as I’ve got older. If I’m with a group of people I’m okay, but actually I’m quite a nervous person if I’m just one-to-one with somebody.'
School days: Jenna-Louise blames her shyness on going from a tiny classroom to a bustling private school aged 14
School days: Jenna-Louise blames her shyness on going from a tiny classroom to a bustling private school aged 14
Exclusive: The full interview appears in this week's Radio Times
Exclusive: The full interview appears in this week's Radio Times
Clearly the bashfulness isn't too overwhelming as Jenna-Louise is currently dating Game Of Thrones actor Richard Madden.
And she doesn't take her shyness too seriously, telling the TV magazine: 'I’m making myself sound socially inept here and I’m absolutely fine in a group of people but I am quite shy.'
Now starring as the Doctor's companion Clara in the BBC Sci-Fi series, Coleman will have to overcome her social awkwardness with all the attention she has received.
Speaking of her new-found fame, the Blackpool-born actress said: 'I have a really cool job and get to do these crazy things and you do have so many ‘pinch me’ moments.
'I’ve just been sent emails with pics of the Clara doll.'
Talking about her character, Jenna-Louise says, 'Clara is probably the closest to me that I’ve ever played - especially over the last few years - and I find that hard. Doing an accent is much easier.'
And it's clear the series finale will be full of excitement: 'The Doctor’s greatest secret is revealed, all of his friends rally round to protect him and we finally understand why the Doctor has met Clara so many different times.'
But as the latest season draws to a close, Jenna has yet to determine her next project in the three-month hiatus: '[Matt Smith] said take your time and choose your next role carefully. I’ve read loads of scripts but nothing I’m really in love with.'
Read the full interview in the latest issue of the Radio Times out now
Coming up: Coleman says the Doctor's greatest secret is revealed in the season finale
Coming up: Coleman says the Doctor's greatest secret is revealed in the season finale


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2324099/Jenna-Louise-Coleman-reveals-doesnt-dating-far-shy.html#ixzz2TG0fTPtI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook