Wednesday 29 May 2013

Former X Factor contestant Ella Henderson shows off her slimmed-down bikini body as she sheds the pounds

Former X Factor contestant Ella Henderson shows off her slimmed-down bikini body as she sheds the pounds


Ella Henderson has shared pictures of her slimmed-down bikini body after shedding the pounds following her time on The X Factor.
The 17-year-old singer posted shots of herself wearing a printed triangle South Beach Swim bikini on her Twitter page, displaying her noticeably smaller frame.
Ella has been very vocal about her weight struggles in the past, admitting in an interview with MailOnline that she became underweight after dropping over two stone two years ago.
Slimmed down: Ella Henderson showed off her slimmer bikini body in a series of Twitter pictures
Slimmed down: Ella Henderson showed off her slimmer bikini body in a series of Twitter pictures
Bikini body: The 17-year-old wore a patterned two-piece as she posed up for the shots
Bikini body: The 17-year-old wore the Ella patterned two-piece from South Beach Swim as she posed up for the shots
However, Ella then regained her curves and insisted she is happy with the way she looks.
She said in 2012: 'There is pressure out there on young women. You look around you, in magazines and you think, “Should I be skinny? Do I need to go on a diet?” It’s easy to fall into that trap. Last year I was very body-conscious. I went completely the other way and I went underweight at a certain point.
'From the weight I am now, I lost about two-and-a-half stone. Now I’ve found the right balance and I’m happy. I’m a normal-sized girl. I’ll never be a size zero, that’s just not going to happen but I’m simply going to be myself and I hope people will accept me for who I am.'
As she was: Ella looked curvier during her first X Factor audition last year
As she was: Ella looked curvier during her first X Factor audition last year
Posing up: The teenager looked slimmer at the National Television Awards in January (left) than she did at a press event last year
Posing up: The teenager looked slimmer at the National Television Awards in January (left) than she did at a press event last year
Posing up: The teenager looked slimmer at the National Television Awards in January (left) than she did at a press event last year
The pictures of Ella's bikini body come as she works on her debut album in Los Angeles.
Ella recently caused a stir by releasing a demo of new track Waiting earlier this year, and was quickly bombarded with praise from fans after posting the Soundcloud link online.
One person who wasted no time in voicing his support was X Factor winner James Arthur, who tweeted after hearing the track: 'Love you to proud of ya Lil sis x.'
Earlier this week, Ella tweeted pictures of herself and James after they caught up in Los Angeles.
And Ella also admitted she was stunned at how much her life has changed, a year on from her first X Factor audition on 24th May 2012.
She tweeted: 'So it's a year ago today I did my first live audition on @TheXFactor !! Wow.. Crazy what life has in store.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2332598/Former-X-Factor-contestant-Ella-Henderson-shows-slimmed-bikini-body.html#ixzz2UgGH6fHE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook