Wednesday 22 May 2013

Kimberley Walsh dazzles in panel cut leotard as she reveals how she finally fell in love with her curves


'I dieted a lot as a teenager... even doing Atkins': Kimberley Walsh dazzles in panel cut leotard as she reveals how she finally fell in love with her curves


She may look picture perfect these days but singer Kimberley Walsh has admitted it wasn't always so easy to accept her curvaceous figure.
The 31-year-old has revealed as a teenager she turned to quick fix diets to try and slim down after realising she had a different type of figure to her school-friends.
Speaking to Cosmopolitan’s spin-off health and fitness magazine, Cosmopolitan Body, Kimberley said: 'Like most women, I dieted a lot as a teenager… I remember doing Atkins a few times before a video shoot. 
Scroll down for video
How she finally fell in love with her body! Kimberley Walsh reveals her amazing post-dance body as she dazzles in a two piece
How she finally fell in love with her body! Kimberley Walsh reveals her amazing post-dance body as she dazzles in a two piece
'It worked, but it was always a quick fix. As soon as I stopped, I’d crave all the things I’d banned myself from and put the weight straight back on! I soon realised that I couldn’t keep it up… I stopped dieting altogether when I was in my early 20s.'
And the singer turned West End star, who smoulders in an accompanying shoot, said she has never felt better about her body - but it was a long journey.
'I was always aware that I had a rather large bottom. There weren’t many girls in my school who were the same shape so I was always like, ‘Oh, I’m not really the norm', Kimberley said.
Forget diets, it's all about dancing! Kimberley smoulders on the shoot and confesses quick fix diets may work in the short term - but it's exercise that helps the most
Forget diets, it's all about dancing! Kimberley smoulders on the shoot and confesses quick fix diets may work in the short term - but it's exercise that helps the most
Sassy: The former Girls Aloud singer put on a sexy display to Crazy In Love in last year's final of Strictly - which credits to helping her slim down
Sassy: The former Girls Aloud singer put on a sexy display to Crazy In Love in last year's final of Strictly - which credits to helping her slim down
Move over, Beyonce: Kimberley Walsh wowed with an eye-popping booty-shake in the Strictly Come Dancing final on Saturday night
Move over, Beyonce: Kimberley Walsh wowed with an eye-popping booty-shake in the Strictly Come Dancing final last year
 The full interview appears in the summer edition of Cosmopolitan Body, on sale now and available on Apple Newsstand
The full interview appears in the summer edition of Cosmopolitan Body, on sale now and available on Apple Newsstand
It was only after she discovered her body icon that the Shrek theatre actress felt more comfortable.
'It was only when people like J-Lo and BeyoncĂ© came on the scene when I was younger that I thought, "Well, if they’re considered attractive and sexy, then it can’t be that bad [to be curvy]!" It’s really handy because you can see what they’re wearing and get tips on what might suit you.'
And surprisingly, her advice to anyone wanting to tone up is dancing.
The runner-up of last year's Strictly gushed: 'The best piece of advice I could give anyone who wanted to lose weight and tone up would be… go on Strictly!
'Seriously, dancing is amazing for your body because you’re not trying to lose weight or tone up. It all just happens very naturally… I’ve spent many years putting myself under the spotlight but now, in my thirties, I’ve accepted my body. I feel comfortable with it and I’m pretty happy with the way I look.
'I’ve learnt that it’s all about making the best of what you’ve got.'
The full interview appears in the summer edition of Cosmopolitan Body, on sale now and available on Apple Newsstand. 



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2328778/Kimberley-Walsh-dazzles-panel-cut-leotard-reveals-finally-fell-love-curves.html#ixzz2U1Tww46b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook