Sunday 8 December 2013

King of the jungle! Kian Egan wins I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! 2013

King of the jungle! Kian Egan wins I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! 2013

Kian Egan has been declared the king of the jungle in I’m A Celebrity 2013.
On leaving the jungle after an all-boys final with David Emanuel, Kian said: 'It was the best three weeks of my life.'
He told the show's hosts Ant and Dec that he made 'amazing friends', adding 'it is genuinely something you'll never forget - I recommend it even to you two!'
He did it! Kian Egan poses with jungle regalia as he is declared winner of I'm A Celebrity
He did it! Kian Egan poses with jungle regalia as he is declared winner of I'm A Celebrity
He said one of the most challenging moments of the show was taking part in the Bushtucker final feast, in which he ate a fish eyeball.
He said 'I had never gagged until yesterday - all the other trials I was mentally prepared for. 
'I think the fish eye was the worst thing I'd ever encountered. It was like thousand-year-old fish but thick and slimy.' 
Reunion: Kian embraces his wife Jodi Albert as he emerges from the jungle as the winner
Reunion: Kian embraces his wife Jodi Albert as he emerges from the jungle as the winner
Reunion: Kian embraces his wife Jodi Albert as he emerges from the jungle as the winner
Going home: The final two contestants Kian and David say goodbye to the jungle
Going home: The final two contestants Kian and David say goodbye to the jungle
Emotional: A delighted Jodi strokes her husband's face as he leaves the jungle
Emotional: A delighted Jodi strokes her husband's face as he leaves the jungle
Crowned: Kian wears a wreath of jungle leaves as he celebrates his victory on the show
Crowned: Kian wears a wreath of jungle leaves as he celebrates his victory on the show

Kian also commented on being the camp chef, saying that cooking wasn't a particular forte of his.

He said: I went in there with no intentions about being the cook. It started naturally and escalated.'

He explained that his biggest difficulty as the cook was 'chopping up the possum and trying to make the most of it'.
Winner: Kian Egan is crowned king of the I'm A Celebrity jungle
Winner: Kian Egan is crowned king of the I'm A Celebrity jungle All hail: Kian sits on his throne as he is declared I'm A Celebrity king of the jungle
All hail: Kian sits on his throne as he is declared I'm A Celebrity king of the jungle
He added: 'it stank...trying to get the smell out of my nails took days.'

But he said he didn't mind doing his best for the camp, saying 'the big thing was making people happy.'
Runner-up David described coming out of the jungle as 'bizarre'. 
Joy: The former Westlife singer was emotional at the news he had won
Joy: The former Westlife singer was emotional at the news he had won
Welcome back: Kian's wife Jodi Albert looked overjoyed to see her husband again
Welcome back: Kian's wife Jodi Albert looked overjoyed to see her husband again
Reunited: A tired and happy Kian is joined by his wife Jodi Albert
Reunited: A tired and happy Kian is joined by his wife Jodi Albert
He said: 'It's a dream. The dream is now reality. I didn't really think i could hack it.'
He explained that he thought the celebrities would have had access to luxuries once the cameras were off.  
He said: 'I thought we could do a little then we go off and have a bacon sandwich.'
A kiss for the winner: Kian's wife joins him on the red carpeted walkway
A kiss for the winner: Kian's wife joins him on the red carpeted walkway
The fashion designer also joked that he was unaccustomed to living it rough, saying: 'I like beautiful things - beautiful women and beautiful fabrics, but I didn't see any of that in the show!' 
He also said he thought about yelling 'I'm a celebrity...get me out of here!' when a snake ventured underneath his trousers in a Bushtucker trail.

He said: 'That snake went to parts it shouldn't go to. It proceeded to wrap itself around my waist. I thought "how could I be killed on national television!"'
The finalists: Winner Kian and runner-up David share a warm hug as I'm A Celebrity comes to a close
The finalists: Winner Kian and runner-up David share a warm hug as I'm A Celebrity comes to a close
He added that appearing on the show had been a personal accomplishment and had helped him lose weight after surgery for prostate cancer. 
He said: 'I was - dare I say - impressed with myself. This time last year I had overcome surgery for prostate cancer.
It was a severe blow and I thought if I could conquer cancer I could conquer the jungle and I think I have.' Enlarge The finalists: David Emanuel and Kian Egan compete in I'm A Celebrity
The finalists: David Emanuel and Kian Egan compete in I'm A Celebrity
'You can survive - I needed to lose weight after the operation and I managed it.' He added that his daughter advised him to 'show the real you.' 
On the last show of the series, both stars couldn’t quite believe how they had survived until the finale.
Kian told David: ‘You’ve come in here and outlasted everyone else and that’s because you are a good guy and people vote for nice people. 
‘I have a fan base of Westlife fans but nothing like what Joey has – he has over 2 million followers on twitter, I have 250k. 
Tucking in: David Emanuel and Kian Egan take on Bushtucker final feast in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
Tucking in: David Emanuel and Kian Egan take on Bushtucker final feast in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
Cheers: Ant and Dec encourage David Emanuel and Kian Egan as they take part in the Bushtucker trial final feas
Cheers: Ant and Dec encourage David Emanuel and Kian Egan as they take part in the Bushtucker trial final feast
‘That’s still a lot but even so he has 1.75m more than me so it’s like, what has happened? It’s way beyond my expectations. I never expected to be here in the final. I’m absolutely gobsmacked.’
David agreed: ‘I’m deeply honoured, I can’t quite understand this whole thing, and all I know is that I’ve had the most amazing time in here.’ 
Kian and David had to do a final Bush Tucker Trial to win their final evening meal. They would each be given four gruesome courses and would earn an evening meal for each one they managed to eat.
Savouring: David Emanuel pulls a face as he tastes some gruesome tucker in the final trial
Savouring: David Emanuel pulls a face as he tastes some gruesome tucker in the final trial
Before the trial, Kian said: ‘It’s the one I’ve been dreading the most, I’m not going to lie.  Put me in a cage with any animal, hang me out of a helicopter, no problem, but this is the one I feared the most.  But that’s why we’re here, to be challenged.’ 
David was given Cheese Fruit Fondue for starter – a bowl of blended cheese fruit with King Cricket on the side. 'Do this for my country,' he said as he took his first bite.  ‘It’s bitter,’ he said as he screwed up his face.
Kian was given Tap-ass for starter – Ostrich anus in a tapas dish with some dressing. ‘It looks like chicken, tastes like chicken.  It’s alright,’ he said as he ate it without too much difficulty.
Unappetising: Kian Egan struggles as he takes on the final Bushtucker trial
Unappetising: Kian Egan struggles as he takes on the final Bushtucker trial
Next David was given Cock Au Van for his main course – A pig’s penis floating in a casserole.  ‘He’s a big boy,’ said David.  ‘It’s like rubber,’ he said as he put it in his mouth.
Kian was given Fish and Nips for his main course – Fish and cows udder.  As Kian tried to eat it he gagged.  ‘I’ve never gagged before.  That’s the first time in my life,’ he said.
David was given Seaworm Sundae for dessert – Sundae glass filled with live beach worms.  He gagged but after he finished it he said: ‘Totes amazeballs. I’ve learnt that since I’ve been here.’
Disgust: Kian Egan struggles to swallow his food in the Bushtucker trial
Disgust: Kian Egan struggles to swallow his food in the Bushtucker trial
Kian had Cock –olate Eye Scream – a fish eye and a cockroach.  ‘Oh my god. Disgusting,’ he said as he ate the cockroach.  
He ate the eyeball extremely quickly leading Ant and Dec to tell him that he had topped the record as nobody in the history of the series had ever eaten an eyeball so quickly.
Finally they were given drinks.  David had Cham-pain – blended cockroach, cricket and mealworm.  Kian advised David to ‘Go back to your college days when you were downing drinks in a bar.’  David replied, ‘One didn’t do  that.’  He downed the drink and said, ‘Truly disgusting.’
Feasting: David Emanuel and Kian Egan enjoy an emotional last meal together on I'm A Celebrity
Feasting: David Emanuel and Kian Egan enjoy an emotional last meal together on I'm A Celebrity
Kian was given an Eggspresso – a mug containing blended fermented duck egg, and said: ‘Have you ever vomited into your own mouth?  Multiply that by a million and put really sour eggs in the middle.’
David and Kian both successfully consumed all of their courses meaning they could look forward to a delicious three course evening meal with beverages.
David’s menu consisted of smoked salmon on brown bread with lemon and pepper, a fillet steak with mushrooms, tomatoes and fries followed by Eton Mess and washed down with a glass of beer. 
Kian’s dinner was margarita pizza with Peri Peri sauce to start, burger and chips and then banoffee pie and to quench his thirst, he also drank beer.
‘We’ll be up and down to the toilet like yo-yo’s after that dinner,' said Kian. 'Particularly when you consider everything we’ve eaten today,’ said David.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2520367/Kian-Egan-wins-Im-A-Celebrity--Get-Me-Out-Of-Here-2013.html#ixzz2mviUog00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook