Saturday 8 August 2015

'When did we decide social media was for hating?' Gina Rodriguez hits out at the negative comments about her cover shoot posted on Instagram

'When did we decide social media was for hating?' Gina Rodriguez hits out at the negative comments about her cover shoot posted on Instagram

Gina Rodriguez was so delighted with her glamorous cover shot for People En Espanol that she shared it with her 327,000 followers on Instagram on Wednesday.
And she thanked the magazine effusively 'for believing in my journey. For putting faith behind my career and uplifting the many hard working and success Latinos in this country.'
But the 31-year-old actress wasn't ready for the all the haters who commented on her page.
Calling them out: On Thursday Gina Rodriguez posted this shot from People En Espanol on Instagram with a caption slamming haters who wrote negative comments about her image on the front page the previous day
Calling them out: On Thursday Gina Rodriguez posted this shot from People En Espanol on Instagram with a caption slamming haters who wrote negative comments about her image on the front page the previous day
The 31-year-old graced the mag's front cover
The 31-year-old graced the mag's front cover
On Thursday Gina posted one of the inside shots from the magazine along with a message hitting back at all people who write negative or insulting comments on social media websites.
'When did we decide social media was for hating, for putting others down rather than lifting them up,' she said.
'You know what saddens my heart, is when you try and celebrate an accomplishment with those that have helped you achieve it and no matter what, someone, anyone, has something negative to say.
'Whether it was from the way my toes curled under to the way I typed my spanish. We desire to project our own insecurities and hatred on another.'
And in a pointed message, the Filly Brown star added: 'Before you write a comment today on anyone’s picture or anyone’s page ask yourself would you want others to say that about yourself? What am I getting out of being mean to another person I have never met?
'Yesterday I shared my joy for the cover of @peopleenespanol and I was blown away at the immediate hate projected on my page. My question to you today is this, do you know the power you have in this world and do you desire to use it for good? I do. #NoToKeyboardCourage.'
Saying it in triplicate: She later added a collage of pictures from the shoot thanking the people who backed her stand saying, 'I am overwhelmed with love at all those that spoke out with me on cyber bullying'
Saying it in triplicate: She later added a collage of pictures from the shoot thanking the people who backed her stand saying, 'I am overwhelmed with love at all those that spoke out with me on cyber bullying'
She later added a collage of pictures from the shoot thanking the people who backed her stand saying:'I am overwhelmed with love at all those that spoke out with me on cyber bullying.
'Whether you are in the public eye or not I believe it is important to hold others accountable for their presence in your life.'
Earlier this year, Gina won a Golden Globe for best actress in a television series, musical or comedy for CW's comedy drama Jane The Virgin.
Rising star: Gina, pictured with Jane The Virgin co-star Justin Baldoni, won a Golden Globe for best actress in a television series, musical or comedy for CW's comedy drama earlier this year
Rising star: Gina, pictured with Jane The Virgin co-star Justin Baldoni, won a Golden Globe for best actress in a television series, musical or comedy for CW's comedy drama earlier this year


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3190177/Gina-Rodriguez-hits-negative-comments-cover-shoot-saying-did-decide-social-media-hating.html#ixzz3iFO1N4IU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook