Monday 14 November 2016

I'm A Celebrity's Sam Quek the Team GB hockey star will represent women 'with small boobs' on the show

I'm A Celebrity's Sam Quek is fighting back against breast implants: Team GB hockey star says she will represent women 'with small boobs' on the show 

  • She is one of 12 contestants to go into the jungle for the 16th series 
  • The 28-year-old was worried into the famous shower with her small bust 
  • However, she said she is going to 'crack on' regardless of her insecurities 
Olympic hockey heroine Sam Quek says she is going into I’m A Celebrity to strike a blow for smaller-chested women against fake breasts
Olympic hockey heroine Sam Quek says she is going into I’m A Celebrity to strike a blow for smaller-chested women against fake breasts
Olympic hockey heroine Sam Quek says she is going into I’m A Celebrity to strike a blow for smaller-chested women against fake breasts.
The Team GB star said she would ‘crack on’ with the ITV show – and its ‘infamous’ shower shoot in a bikini – despite her own insecurities about the size of her bust.
Quek said: ‘Quite a lot of people in the media – and girls may look up to them – have fake boobs and if it makes them feel better or more confident in their bodies, then that’s absolutely fine.
‘But for me, it’s more of a case of, “I am an athlete. This is my body and I just want to be comfortable in my own skin.” Hopefully, if people do feel pressured to get anything done, I can potentially be a role model for that.’
She is one of 12 contestants about to brave the Australian bush in the 16th series of ITV’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, which starts tonight at 9pm.
Quek, 28, from the Wirral, Merseyside, revealed that the idea of getting into the jungle shower – made famous by Myleene Klass a decade ago – stirred her concerns.
She said: ‘I had a bit of a worry about this before coming into the jungle. Every woman has her hang-ups and for me, I have quite small boobs.
‘I had conversations with some designers about whether I could get those chicken fillets sewn into my bikini because that is my ultimate hang-up, especially when the infamous jungle shower shoot comes about.’

Cute: I'm A Celebrity's Sam Quek cuddles up with boyfriend

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:07
Fullscreen
Need Text
Quek, 28, from the Wirral, Merseyside, revealed that the idea of getting into the jungle shower – made famous by Myleene Klass a decade ago (pictured) – stirred her concerns
Quek, 28, from the Wirral, Merseyside, revealed that the idea of getting into the jungle shower – made famous by Myleene Klass a decade ago (pictured) – stirred her concerns
Myleene Klass showers in THAT white bikini on I'm A Celeb

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:52
Fullscreen
Need Text


However, she rejected that idea. She said: ‘You just have to crack on. It’s just me being silly, so I am going into the jungle to represent myself and other women who may have small boobs.’
Quek also hopes she could give women an alternative image to aspire to rather than the surgically enhanced figures that bombard them on TV.
She said: ‘Every woman has her hang-ups her boobs, bottom or whatever. Mine just happens to be my boobs.’ 


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3931062/I-m-Celebrity-s-Sam-Quek-represent-women-small-boobs.html#ixzz4Q182WL88
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook