Thursday 24 November 2016

Olympian Sam Quek reveals her fears at being the first I'm A Celeb contestant to be axed

'I’m an unknown figure': Olympian Sam Quek reveals her fears at being the first I'm A Celeb contestant to be axed as tensions rise in the camp during immunity challenge

She's an Olympic gold medallist who has wowed viewers with her level head and quick wit in the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here camp. 
But Sam Quek has revealed she's convinced that she'll be the first star to get axed from the camp during this weekend's elimination as her 'following is tiny'. 
Speaking candidly during Wednesday night's episode as the team played for immunity in the Claim Of Thrones challenge, the 28-year-old hockey player admitted that she would be doing all that she could to earn a place in one of the four immunity thrones.
Scroll down for video 
Unknown: Sam Quek has revealed she's convinced that she'll be the first star to get axed from the camp during this weekend's elimination as her 'following is tiny'
Unknown: Sam Quek has revealed she's convinced that she'll be the first star to get axed from the camp during this weekend's elimination as her 'following is tiny'
'I’m going to be blunt. I’m doing this solely for immunity because my following is tiny,' she admitted.
'I’m an unknown figure and no one knows me so I admit I’m doing it for that.'
As Wayne Bridge tried to console her, stating: 'You’ll have more fans than you think,' the star stood firm, explaining: 'I’m doing it solely for that. That’s what’s going to get me through.'
Going for gold: Speaking candidly during Wednesday night's episode , the 28-year-old hockey player admitted that she would be doing all that she could to earn immunity this week 
Going for gold: Speaking candidly during Wednesday night's episode , the 28-year-old hockey player admitted that she would be doing all that she could to earn immunity this week 
Sam Quek faces thousands of critters in Jungle challenge
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:40
Fullscreen
Need Text
She continued in the Bush Telegraph: 'If I was immune to the first public vote that would mean so much to me because coming into here I’m a bit of an unknown figure. 
'I really, really don't want to leave. I’m loving every single minute of it. I’d just love to say in as long as I can so that is huge for me today.'
Luckily, the star was able to claim one of the first four immunity spots as she beat Scarlett Moffatt, Carol Vorderman and Larry Lamb in the Vicious Circle challenge, which saw the group encased in coffin-like cases where they were showered with a range of bugs and snakes. 
Grateful: She said in the Bush Telegraph: 'If I was immune to the first public vote that would mean so much to me because coming into here I’m a bit of an unknown figure' 
Grateful: She said in the Bush Telegraph: 'If I was immune to the first public vote that would mean so much to me because coming into here I’m a bit of an unknown figure' 
Victorious: Luckily, the star was able to claim one of the first four immunity spots as she beat Scarlett Moffatt, Carol Vorderman and Larry Lamb in the Vicious Circle challenge
Victorious: Luckily, the star was able to claim one of the first four immunity spots as she beat Scarlett Moffatt, Carol Vorderman and Larry Lamb in the Vicious Circle challenge
One to watch: The star was speedy and efficient in the task leading to her win 
One to watch: The star was speedy and efficient in the task leading to her win 
After enduring five minutes in the case, the team were then tasked with unscrewing a glass box, rescuing a ball with their face on and shooting it down a tunnel, with Sam and Wayne completing the task the fastest and therefore earning two spots in the immunity thrones. 
In the other group, which consisted of Danny Baker, Martin Roberts, Ola Jordan, Adam Thomas, Lisa Snowdon and Joel Dommett, it was Adam and Danny who became the fastest and earned their thrones. 
In a last-minute twist, however, viewers then voted for the pair to risk their immunity by taking part in the Bush Brewery challenge, which will see them go head to head with two fellow campmates to claim a spot on the immunity thrones.   
It will only be the reigning royals that are immune from the first public vote off – meaning that there is still everything to play for, for the campmates. 
Cute: I'm A Celebrity's Sam Quek cuddles up with boyfriend
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:07
Fullscreen
Need Text
Reigning royals: Adam Thomas, Martin Roberts, Sam and Wayne Bridge have currently claimed the thrones, but only the reigning royals will be immune from the first public vote off
Reigning royals: Adam Thomas, Martin Roberts, Sam and Wayne Bridge have currently claimed the thrones, but only the reigning royals will be immune from the first public vote off


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3966234/I-m-unknown-figure-Olympian-Sam-Quek-reveals-fears-m-Celeb-contestant-axed-tensions-rise-camp-immunity-challenge.html#ixzz4QufmSq4F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook