Thursday 3 May 2012

Chloe Moretz: Kick-Ass star, poses for her most mature photoshoot yet


Chloe Moretz, the moody model: Kick-Ass star, 15, looks older than her years as she poses for her most mature photoshoot yet  


At just 15 years old, Chloe Moretz already has a string of films under her belt and is fast growing into a distinguished young woman.
But in a new interview with Flaunt magazine, the teen star says there is still far more to come from her - revealing she is holding back from offers to front fashion campaigns until she is older.
The Kick-Ass actress does, however, give a glimpse of the moody model poses she is capable of in what is arguably her most mature photoshoot to date.
Scroll down for video...
All grown up: Chloe Moretz strikes a series of moody model poses for the new issue of Flaunt magazine
All grown up: Chloe Moretz strikes a series of moody model poses for the new issue of Flaunt magazine

Chloe evokes the kind of demeanour of the Olsen sisters, as she moodily slouches and pouts into the camera wearing an array of stylish designs.
Speaking to the mag, she explains about fashion campaigns: 'I’m not doing campaigns yet. I want to wait a couple years, because I think if I do it right now, where am I going to go when I’m 20 and I’ve already done two campaigns or something? 
'You know, I figure, why do everything so young and so fast? I’m only 15. Why rush everything? I’m saving a lot of stuff for later. A fashion campaign will come in due time.'
Looking older than her years: The Kick-Ass actress, who is just 15 years old, is fast growing up into a distinguished young woman, seen right outside the The Late Show with David Letterman in New York today
Looking older than her years: The Kick-Ass actress, who is just 15 years old, is fast growing up into a distinguished young woman, seen right outside the The Late Show with David Letterman in New York today
Looking older than her years: The Kick-Ass actress, who is just 15 years old, is fast growing up into a distinguished young woman, seen right outside the The Late Show with David Letterman in New York today

Mature style: The teen star wore a patterned blue dress with leather detailing and strappy shoes for her outing
Mature style: The teen star wore a patterned blue dress with leather detailing and strappy shoes for her outing

Chloe also explains how she has ambitions for further education and has set her sights on university in the future.
She reveals: 'I’m hopefully going to Columbia University. I want to do a minor in Art History and major in Criminal Psychology. 
'I find criminal psychology incredibly fascinating and scary and how volatile the human mind can be. 
Cover star: Moretz is the cover star for the U.S. mag
Cover star: Moretz is the cover star for the U.S. mag
'And I really love classical art, definitely. I mean, I’ve been to so many amazing places in Paris and London, and I’ve seen some beautiful pieces.'
Moretz was the cover star for Flaunt's The Psychoanalytic Issue: Behavioural Patterns.
Speaking about the choosing film roles, she explains how her characters tend to be nothing like her.
'I mean, yeah. I’ve done some kid stuff, but I mean I’m just driven to do stuff that is not ‘me,’ you know?
'I just had a meeting with a director and I have three pages of notes on the psychology of the character and her thoughts and her past. It’s, like, as complicated as genetics.'
In another recent interview Moretz spoke about the Carrie remake film she is currently shooting, saying it is going to be 'darker and more psychological' than the original 1976 horror film.
She will play the titular role of a bullied schoolgirl who discovers she has psychic powers and uses them to cause havoc in her hometown - and revealed the movie will have similarities to 2010 psychological thriller Black Swan.
She said: 'It's darker and much more psychological. More Black Swan. You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different.'
The 15-year-old actress confirmed the remake will be based on the Stephen King novel of the same name more than the previous motion picture – which starred Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, with Brian De Palma at the helm – even though she admits the film was 'one of the best movies ever made'.
Stylish designs: Chloe models a series of chic outfits for her photo spread
Stylish designs: Chloe models a series of chic outfits for her photo spread
Stylish designs: Chloe models a series of chic outfits for her photo spread
Fashionista: Her slouchy, moody poses are evocative of the demeanour of the Olsen sisters
Fashionista: Her slouchy, moody poses are evocative of the demeanour of the Olsen sisters

She explained: 'I'm actually not looking at the original, even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it. We're kind of going off the book.'
Chloe is delighted to be working with director Kimberly Peirce on the project – which sees The Kids Are Alright star Julianne Moore lined up to play her alter-ego's abusive, fundamentalist Christian mother Margaret – because she trusts the helmer 'more than a lot of directors'. 
She added to ComingSoon.net: 'I start that June 1st. It's going to be very well done. I don't want to jinx it, but [Peirce] is a genius, genius, genius director. 
'I would never do it with someone that I don't trust. I trust her more than a lot of the directors I've worked with. She's the right woman for the job.'
 


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2139209/Chloe-Moretz-Kick-Ass-star-15-poses-mature-photoshoot-Flaunt-magazine.html#ixzz1tqtuC5WX