Thursday 2 May 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about living in London as she poses for stunning new shoot


'Chris had to explain Blue Peter to me!' Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about living in London as she poses for stunning new shoot

    She and husband Chris Martin own properties in New York, Los Angeles and London.
But despite having recently relocated to the English capital, Gwyneth Paltrow said she finds some aspects of London lifestyle difficult to comprehend.
Gwyneth opened up about life in London  as she posed for a stunning new shoot in Britain's Glamour magazine. 
Opening up: Gwyneth Paltrow admitted there are still some aspects of living in London she is not quite used to as she posed for a stunning new shoot in Britain's Glamour magazine
Opening up: Gwyneth Paltrow admitted there are still some aspects of living in London she is not quite used to as she posed for a stunning new shoot in Britain's Glamour magazine
She said: 'I love London - it's my adopted home. Being an American woman living in Britain, there are things I've had to catch up on, though. Chris had to explain Blue Peter to me!'
And when it comes to enjoying the city, Gwyneth leaves her celebrity status at home, and even uses the tube to get around with her children Apple, eight, and Moses, six.
She said: 'In London, the kids and I really take advantage of the city. I have them on the tube, in the museums, in St James' Park, the theatre. I use that city so much - I want them exposed to it.'
Getting around: Gwyneth also revealed that she favours getting around London via tube rather than car
Getting around: Gwyneth also revealed that she favours getting around London via tube rather than car
Gwyneth also added that while she wants to spend as much time with her children as possible, she occasionally leaves them under the charge of a nanny as she completes professional commitments. 
The full interview appears in the June issue of Glamour magazine
The full interview appears in the June issue of Glamour magazine
She added: 'I drive the kids to school, I cook. But I have a nanny, so if I need to go to Dubai for Max Factor, then I can.'
The in-depth interview with Glamour magazine also saw Gwyneth talk about her marriage to Chris Martin, admitting that while they appear on the surface to be a perfect couple, they have had their fair share of rough patches. 
She said: 'It’s hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We’re the same as any couple. 
‘I asked my dad once, “How did you and Mum stay married for 33 years?” And he said, “Well, we never wanted to get divorced at the same time”. And I think that’s what happens.
 
'When two people throw in the towel at the same time, then you break up, but if one person’s saying, “come on, we can do this”, you carry on.'
Gwyneth added that she is 'good friends' with 36-year-old Coldplay frontman Martin, saying: 'We laugh, we’re good friends, we like to do the same stuff.
‘I’m a very grounded, homey person and Chris is a very mad scientist, genius songwriter. So I never say “Where are you? You should be home by now”. I never place demands on him because I think he’s a really talented man and he’s putting something good into the world.'
The full interview with Gwyneth appears in the June issue of GLAMOUR, on sale from Monday 6th May.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2318197/Chris-explain-Blue-Peter-Gwyneth-Paltrow-opens-living-London-poses-stunning-new-shoot.html#ixzz2S8rpXAcB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook