Sunday 28 October 2012

Jade Ellis is sent home from The X Factor after facing Union J in a shock sing-off


Gary Barlow gets his ultimate revenge! Jade Ellis is sent home from The X Factor after facing Union J in a shock sing-off


Jade Ellis has been voted off The X Factor following a shock sing-off against Union J. 
The 25-year-old single mum found herself in the bottom two alongside the boyband after dividing opinion among the judges on Saturday evening with her rendition of Sugababes' Freak Like Me.
And despite performing a near note-perfect version of Dido's White Flag in Sunday night's result show, only her mentor Tulisa Contostavlos chose to keep her in the competition. 
Scroll down for video
The dream is over: Jade Ellis was sent home from The X Factor on Sunday night following a shock sing-off against boyband Union J
The dream is over: Jade Ellis was sent home from The X Factor on Sunday night following a shock sing-off against boyband Union J
When asked by host Dermot O'Leary to deliver her verdict, Tulisa said: 'This is easy for me, that's my girl up there and she sang her heart out tonight.'
    But it would seem Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow didn't feel the same way, controversially opting to save Union J, despite their rendition of Pink's F***in' Perfect featuring more than its fair share of bum notes. 
    Perhaps choosing to extract his ultimate revenge on Tulisa following their 'fag ash breath' argument the previous evening, Gary told Jade: 'Jade, you're a phenomenal singer, you're incredible. But sometimes I worry I want this for you more than you do.'
    Safe: Union J were saved by judges Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh, despite their rendition of Pink's F***in' Perfect featuring more than a few bum notes
    Safe: Union J were saved by judges Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh, despite their rendition of Pink's F***in' Perfect featuring more than a few bum notes
    Telling Union J they would be staying in the competition, he said: 'Guys, I have been tough on you because I'm a band member myself. It's been good, but it's not been exceptional. 
    'I can see the commitment, I can see the ambition in your eyes. I'm excited to see what's next from you.'
    Nicole agreed, saying: 'Union J, through your performance, your work, you've proved yourself to me so I have to send Jade home.'
    Emotional: Both Louis and Tulisa were visibly distressed to find their acts in the bottom two
    Emotional: Both Louis and Tulisa were visibly distressed to find their acts in the bottom two
    Emotional: Both Louis and Tulisa were visibly distressed to find their acts in the bottom two 
    But she seemed confident of Jade's future in the record industry, telling her: 'Jade, you are a beautiful, beautiful young woman. You are a strong young woman who has been through so much. 
    You have one of my favourite voices in this competition and with a tone like that I know you're going to get a recording contract.'
    Meanwhile, Union J's mentor Louis Walsh was emotional as he delivered his verdict.
    Fighting back the tears, he said: 'Dermot, I'm the mentor for Union J, I love them and don't want to lose them so I have to send Jade home.'
    Sing-off: Gary Barlow told Jade he worried she didn't want to win the competition enough
    Sing-off: Gary Barlow told Jade he worried she didn't want to win the competition enough
    Tulisa seemed to be taking the blame for Jade's shock exit from the competition.
    She said: 'Maybe I should have pulled some more ballads out the bag... I apologise if it is my fault. The future holds big things for her.'
    But Jade was positive about her time in the competition, vowing to continue with her musical aspirations. 
    She told Dermot: 'To me, it's just been amazing experience. I thank you guys for your critiques and my life starts here.'
    Taking the blame: Tulisa took full responsibility for Jade's exit from the competition, admitting she should have chosen a ballad for her again
    Taking the blame: Tulisa took full responsibility for Jade's exit from the competition, admitting she should have chosen a ballad for her again
    Union J impressed the judging panel with their rendition of Beyoncé's Sweet Dreams the previous evening.
    Nicole said: 'I thought that was absolute perfection. I thought it was brilliant because this week it's going to be crazy and you didn't need anything else. I love every single one of you - you stand there, you own it, you're honest - it was simple, it was beautiful.'
    Louis added: 'I believe in this group so much, Union J fans please vote - the potential with you four guys is amazing.'
    But Jade divided the panel with her up-tempo rendition of Sugababes' Freak Like Me.
    Nicole didn't pull any punches, saying: 'Thank God it's Halloween because that was frightening. I'm sorry, but I just didn't get it. I don't' know the energy. I didn't believe it and i felt like you were a little awkward up there.'
    Divided: Louis, Gary and Nicole all voted to save boyband Union J, with only Tulisa wanting to keep Jade in the competition
    Divided: Louis, Gary and Nicole all voted to save boyband Union J, with only Tulisa wanting to keep Jade in the competition
    Tulisa argued back: 'I feel like everyone is forgetting about the themes that we have each week. Everyone learns along the journey and trying different things and she has taken a risk tonight by trying to dance and trying to do something different and I think she did really well with that.'
    But that was far from Tulisa's biggest argument of the night, with her coming to blows with Gary after she criticised the song he had chosen for his act Christopher Maloney, saying to him: 'Gary, how many of these eighties classics are you going to let him keep destroying?'
    Gary, who had clearly been contemplating his response while Tulisa spoke, then said: ''I don't know what's offended me more -  what you said or the fag ash breath!'
    Sunday night's results show also saw the X Factor contestants perform a group rendition of Usher's Without You, while Robbie Williams and Fun also took to the stage.



    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2224501/The-X-Factor-2012-Jade-Ellis-sent-home-facing-boyband-Union-J-shock-sing-off.html#ixzz2AdiWFmxq
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook